Category........
Other
Folks...I went for my biometrics appointment today
AOR - 29th July
MEP, BIL - 21st Sept
Call received - 28th Oct
Location - Mississauga, L5M
Appointment - 11.15 am today

I see that the top right corner is updated with biometircs number and date for today, but it still shows that they need biometircs. Does anyone know how much time they will take to update that biometrics have been received.

Thanks
Is your bio still not updated? I’ve the same situation. Bio still says prints are still needed instead of the biometrics completion date.

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi folks, my AOR date was in mid-February and Biometrics passed on October 15.
I called to IRCC a couple of days ago, and an agent said that my Security status is "Not Started" yet, and Criminality is still in progress.

I am pretty concerned that my Security status is "Not Started", considering that my AOR was in Feb. Does anyone have any ideas? Or is anyone in a similar situation?

FWIW, my application is for Express Entry (FSW).

ss2663

Nov 9, 2020
Hm. I can try that but I feel like that might not help in my case. Bcoz not only me but my dependent in India is also waiting to give biometrics. If I travel from Canada and he travels from India to another country just for biometrics, it will be a costly affair. Even if I do, IRCC IS NOT FINALISING APPLICATION WITH DEPENDENTS OUTLAND. IRCC told me that they cannot finalize application where there is a dependent outland. Everyone on the application has to be present in Canada. They also mentioned that if I am able to call my dependent here on a visitor visa, then they will finalize the app. So, doesn't make sense.
Hey @jasmin22 . I have the same situation. My accompanying dependents are in India but their biometrics has been all done. Still in this case IRCC will not finalize the application ? Did you called IRCC to get this information. MY AOR date is June ,10 2020. I am waiting for SC call

Dragonsoul

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
PNP
Hm. I can try that but I feel like that might not help in my case. Bcoz not only me but my dependent in India is also waiting to give biometrics. If I travel from Canada and he travels from India to another country just for biometrics, it will be a costly affair. Even if I do, IRCC IS NOT FINALISING APPLICATION WITH DEPENDENTS OUTLAND. IRCC told me that they cannot finalize application where there is a dependent outland. Everyone on the application has to be present in Canada. They also mentioned that if I am able to call my dependent here on a visitor visa, then they will finalize the app. So, doesn't make sense.
Hi Jasmin,
I have e dependant out of Canada, according to the officer that you spoke with, the dependant needs to be present in Canada to finalize the application?. Is it just because of Covid or is an immigration regulation in place for a while? Does that mean otherwise my relative included in the application comes to Canada we wouldn't have our permanent residence application approved? I didn't know that.

mahuuuu

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Category........
CEC
CEC CATEGORY ( MYSELF(PRINCIPAL APPLICANT) + SPOUSE) BOTH INLAND (APPLIED MYSELF)

AOR - AUGUST 28 2020

BIL/MEP- OCTOBER 19

BIL APPOINTMENT : RECEIVED CALL ( NO CALLER ID) - NOVEMBER 09, 2020

SPOUSE: BIOMETRICS EXEMPT

APP DATE: NOVEMBER 17, 2020

SERVICE CANADA BRAMPTON

MY LOCATION: GEORGETOWN, ON (GTA)

Last edited:

ss2663

Nov 9, 2020
Hi Jasmin,
I have e dependant out of Canada, according to the officer that you spoke with, the dependant needs to be present in Canada to finalize the application?. Is it just because of Covid or is an immigration regulation in place for a while? Does that mean otherwise my relative included in the application comes to Canada we wouldn't have our permanent residence application approved? I didn't know that.
Yeah .. This is a bit surprising for me as well . My dependents are out of canada but their biometrics is done. But i am still waiting for SC call Thre is no point of holding the application by ircc.

CPXL326

Oct 21, 2020
Anyone received AOR before June and live in Markham haven't received SC call?
CIC made a mistake on my biometric letter, I am living in Markham, ON, Canada, but the address on the letter showed that I am living in Markham, ON, China??? (The country is wrong). My agent have called them and they said it doesn't matter, I should be in the wait list for receiving SC call. But I am still worried.

harsh_8081

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Hello,

I am a CEC inland applicant with my spouse back home as a secondary applicant. I am exempt from the Biometrics (given during work permit application) but I received a BIL for my wife. Now, in the BIL letter of my wife, the address is mine (Canadian address) and not my wife's present address back home. Is it normal?

My wife has not given the biometrics yet as the VAC's back home are still closed until further notice. Still, it says Biometrics : NOVEMBER 3, 2020 completed.

A reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Hey @jasmin22 . I have the same situation. My accompanying dependents are in India but their biometrics has been all done. Still in this case IRCC will not finalize the application ? Did you called IRCC to get this information. MY AOR date is June ,10 2020. I am waiting for SC call
Yes, they are not finalizing application where a dependent is outside Canada. All the persons on the application have to be present in Canada.

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Hi Jasmin,
Yes, that's true. 2-3 IRCC reps told me the same information. If you want, you can also ask them.

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Hello,

I am a CEC inland applicant with my spouse back home as a secondary applicant. I am exempt from the Biometrics (given during work permit application) but I received a BIL for my wife. Now, in the BIL letter of my wife, the address is mine (Canadian address) and not my wife's present address back home. Is it normal?

My wife has not given the biometrics yet as the VAC's back home are still closed until further notice. Still, it says Biometrics : NOVEMBER 3, 2020 completed.

A reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Yes, that's normal. Even my husband is in India but the BIL has my Canadian address.

Reactions: harsh_8081

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Yeah .. This is a bit surprising for me as well . My dependents are out of canada but their biometrics is done. But i am still waiting for SC call Thre is no point of holding the application by ircc.
Guyz, join this thread. There are a lot of people with similar situation. And plz, dont be discouraged because you will find people who applied in 2018/2019 and still waiting for a final decision.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/principal-applicant-inland-dependent-outland-during-covid-19.694193/