+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Validity

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hello. I have a question if someone can please answer.

My parents gave biometrics in 2016 which are valid till 2026.

Today they got PPR for their visit visa, but despite paying the biometric fee they didnt get bio request. So will their visa be issued till 2026 or till the expiry of the passport which is 2031?

Should we call IRCC and ask for bio?

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Hello. I have a question if someone can please answer.

My parents gave biometrics in 2016 which are valid till 2026.

Today they got PPR for their visit visa, but despite paying the biometric fee they didnt get bio request. So will their visa be issued till 2026 or till the expiry of the passport which is 2031?

Should we call IRCC and ask for bio?
Its better to call IRCC and clarify. They shouldn't have had taken payment for biometrics as they're still valid.

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Its better to call IRCC and clarify. They shouldn't have had taken payment for biometrics as they're still valid.
Yes thank you. Ill contact them.

I saw your post in the other thread. Did your mother get visa till biometrics validity or passport expiration?

AdilKar

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017

I saw your post in the other thread. Did your mother get visa till biometrics validity or passport expiration?
Hi,
Your post in other thread says that your parents did biometrics on Jan 14th 2022.
And here you are mentioning that they didn't. Can you clarify if they did biometrics again or not? I am also in same situation, my parents have applied for visit visa and we have requested to have the biometrics taken again and we have paid the biometrics fees also. They have not yet received the biometrics instruction letter, it's been more than a week since they applied. Did you contact IRCC or Visa Office for biometrics?

Last edited:

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hi,
Your post in other thread says that your parents did biometrics on Jan 14th 2022. Here is the link to your post
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-visit-visa-super-visa-from-pakistan-connect-here.758966/#post-9986374

And here you are mentioning that they didn't. Can you clarify if they did biometrics again or not? I am also in same situation, my parents have applied for visit visa and we have requested to have the biometrics taken again and we have paid the biometrics fees also. They have not yet received the biometrics instruction letter, it's been more than a week since they applied. Did you contact IRCC or Visa Office for biometrics?
Lol. You did not have to paste the link of the thread here.

My parents and sister applied, my sister got her bio but my parents did not. And i was waiting for bio request but got PPR yesterday for parents and refusal for sister.

I sent an email to IRCC for clarification and requested them to send my parents a bio request. Also calling IRCC today. Will let you know what they say

AdilKar

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Lol. You did not have to paste the link of the thread here.

My parents and sister applied, my sister got her bio but my parents did not. And i was waiting for bio request but got PPR yesterday for parents and refusal for sister.

I sent an email to IRCC for clarification and requested them to send my parents a bio request. Also calling IRCC today. Will let you know what they say
Sorry Bro, I removed the link. Thank you for reply. Please keep me updated. Also, how much time IRCC has given you to mail the Passports for your parents? And the processing office is Abu Dhabi?

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Sorry Bro, I removed the link. Thank you for reply. Please keep me updated. Also, how much time IRCC has given you to mail the Passports for your parents? And the processing office is Abu Dhabi?
Its 30 days. The letter does not say which visa office processed it.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019

Visa is usually issued till passport expiry. Her passport hasn't returned yet. I shall inform you once I have some update.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Hello Ammad88. Do you have any update?
Visa was issued and passport was sent out for delivery on 9th March. Haven't received the passport yet as weekend came in between. Hoping to get it in the next 2 days. Islamabad vac probably didn't give my mom her courier tracking number so we don't know where is the document at. Following up for courier tracking number now with vfs Islamabad.

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Visa was issued and passport was sent out for delivery on 9th March. Haven't received the passport yet as weekend came in between. Hoping to get it in the next 2 days. Islamabad vac probably didn't give my mom her courier tracking number so we don't know where is the document at. Following up for courier tracking number now with vfs Islamabad.
Thank you for the update.

I called IRCC the other week, they told me to contact Abu Dhabi Embassy as they had issued the visa, so i sent emails to them and today after about 8 days i received biometric request letters for my parents. So they are going to give biometrics this week in the hopes that they would get 10 years visa.

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hi,
Your post in other thread says that your parents did biometrics on Jan 14th 2022.
Hello, in case you are looking for an update.

I called IRCC the other week, they told me to contact Abu Dhabi Embassy as they had issued the visa, so I sent emails to them and today after about 8 days i received biometric request letters for my parents. So they are going to give biometrics this week in the hopes that they would get 10 years visa.

AdilKar

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Hello, in case you are looking for an update.

I called IRCC the other week, they told me to contact Abu Dhabi Embassy as they had issued the visa, so I sent emails to them and today after about 8 days i received biometric request letters for my parents. So they are going to give biometrics this week in the hopes that they would get 10 years visa.
Hi,
Good to hear that your parents received the Biometrics instruction letter. Did they recieved the letter in the IRCC portal or in the email? Also, which email address did you send an email to contact Abu Dhabi visa office? I sent an email to them 10 days ago and I have not received any reply from them.

wmate

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015
I applied for my parents visit visa in Jan 2022. Now they have requested additional doc but there is no option on IRCC portal to upload.
Can I reply to same email they sent me templates and document to fill in?