+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Service Canada Phone Call/Booking Tracking

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
Hi guys,
I was trying to call IRCC many times without success. I need to talk to them. I am PA with wife and daughter outland, AOR March 27th, BIL May 27th. On September 22nd I have received an information letter in my account that in order to contunue working on my application my wife must give her biometrics. And status of my application changed to "Your action is required". She actually has given her biometrics 2 times in last 3 years and should be exempt from that. I submitted requests 2 times telling them about this and referring to application numbers, where my wife gave her biometrics. Eventually VFS Global in Moscow reopened and she gave biometric on their first working day (November 17th). The same day her biometrics number appeared near her name in my account. However, nothing else has changed. My status is still "your action is required" nobody calls me about biometrics (I actually never gave it before). Seems my application got stuck on "Your action is required", but there is nothing I can do. I saw that some people here were successful reaching out to IRCC agents. What would be the right script to get hold of them? I tried 888-242-2100 then wait 2:40 then 1-1-2-2-application number-1-year of birth-1-1-0. They always tell me that all agents are busy and finish my call. I am tired from bulshit they keep telling on phone line. I know all this. I just want to ask why "My action is still required". I would appreciate any informative feedback.

Nov 21, 2020
Hi guys,
I was trying to call IRCC many times without success. I need to talk to them. I am PA with wife and daughter outland, AOR March 27th, BIL May 27th. On September 22nd I have received an information letter in my account that in order to contunue working on my application my wife must give her biometrics. And status of my application changed to "Your action is required". She actually has given her biometrics 2 times in last 3 years and should be exempt from that. I submitted requests 2 times telling them about this and referring to application numbers, where my wife gave her biometrics. Eventually VFS Global in Moscow reopened and she gave biometric on their first working day (November 17th). The same day her biometrics number appeared near her name in my account. However, nothing else has changed. My status is still "your action is required" nobody calls me about biometrics (I actually never gave it before). Seems my application got stuck on "Your action is required", but there is nothing I can do. I saw that some people here were successful reaching out to IRCC agents. What would be the right script to get hold of them? I tried 888-242-2100 then wait 2:40 then 1-1-2-2-application number-1-year of birth-1-1-0. They always tell me that all agents are busy and finish my call. I am tired from bulshit they keep telling on phone line. I know all this. I just want to ask why "My action is still required". I would appreciate any informative feedback.
Dial their number. Keep your phone on the side for 2 minutes and 10 seconds - that's when the automated message finishes and it gives you options.

Then choose 2 (sponsor a family member), then 1 then 0.
You will most likely be put on wait for 27 mins (their default).

Last edited:

Deeeeeep

Nov 10, 2020
Is Brampton Service Canada working during this new lockdown regulations? I was curious if somebody got the call after lockdown?

Parth Jani

Feb 8, 2020
Can you please let me know where to check if they have my most updated number? I checked in the profile section but could not find the phone number field in personal details or contact details. Can you be pls suggest?
I called IRCC help line 1888-242-2100 and asked about why not getting call for Biometric, so the Rep by herself started looking into the file.

Nov 21, 2020
I called IRCC help line 1888-242-2100 and asked about why not getting call for Biometric, so the Rep by herself started looking into the file.
Really? Did they provide any specific information though? I tried calling them multiple times but they said they don't have any information (different agents said the same thing). They said they have forwarded the information to Service Canada. Honestly there is no transparency around the new process and there is no clear way you can find more information about your biometrics.

I also tried calling:
  • General Service Canada helpline (1-866-274-6627). They redirected me to passport services (1-800-567-6868) and they further redirected me to biometrics helpline (1-833-283-7400). The biometrics helpline is an automated message which plays for about 20 seconds before hanging up on you (no customer service).

GiaRose13

Nov 25, 2020
Thanks all for the info! It's nice to have at least a vague timeline. I just got my call so sharing the below:
AOR date: Oct 7 2020
Received BIL: Nov 18 2020
Call date/time: Nov 25 3pm
Appointment date: Nov 26 9am

Last edited:

Raj_aud

Aug 23, 2020
Thanks all for the info! It's nice to have at least a vague timeline. I just got my call so sharing the below:
AOR date: Oct 7 2020
Received BIL: Nov 18 2020
Call date/time: Nov 25 3pm
Appointment date: Nov 26 9am
congrats!!! ur message gives me some hope. My BIL is nov 20th and hopefully i get a call soon from SC.

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Downtown toronto people are getting call just after 2-3 weeks of BIL request. Scarborough is just 10 km far and MARCH AOR is still waiting for a call. IRCC messed up big time ‍♂

Reactions: puneet kanda

Gurk04

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Downtown toronto people are getting call just after 2-3 weeks of BIL request. Scarborough is just 10 km far and MARCH AOR is still waiting for a call. IRCC messed up big time ‍♂
They forgot about the ones who received their bils before they started calling. This system is so inefficient. Maybe we could find who devised this way through access to information and privacy. At least we will have a name to criticise lol.

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
They forgot about the ones who received their bils before they started calling. This system is so inefficient. Maybe we could find who devised this way through access to information and privacy. At least we will have a name to criticise lol.
More then that some who got bil after they start calling still waiting etc seems random

They start calling late September

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
They should just open the online booking.

Reactions: Gabrielmorrow