+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics query

Greeshmats10

Mar 17, 2021
Hi all,
I had done my biometrics on February 3rd, 2021 and in my IRCC portal it was not updated and the msg read as we have not received your biometrics after reviewing my webform. But now, on March 15th, 2021, I have again received a biometrics collection letter. But the letter content is the same as the first one, it does not specify the reason for taking the biometrics again. What shall I do? Has anyone else faced this situation?

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
Hi all,
I had done my biometrics on February 3rd, 2021 and in my IRCC portal it was not updated and the msg read as we have not received your biometrics after reviewing my webform. But now, on March 15th, 2021, I have again received a biometrics collection letter. But the letter content is the same as the first one, it does not specify the reason for taking the biometrics again. What shall I do? Has anyone else faced this situation?
Hey I'm facing the same biometrics issue. I gave my biometrics on Feb 18, I can see all my biometrics details like enrollment date, expiry date and biometrics number. But still on the bottom left section of updates it says we need your fingerprints. I raised a few webforms,but no update from IRCC.

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Same with me. Applied last year Feb 2020 under online regular stream. Got my BVL last Jan 21 2021 but it was dated April 29 2020. So I raised multiple webform and email my visa office until I got a response from them that asking for my biometrics that i already completed before lockdown.

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
Same with me. Applied last year Feb 2020 under online regular stream. Got my BVL last Jan 21 2021 but it was dated April 29 2020. So I raised multiple webform and email my visa office until I got a response from them that asking for my biometrics that i already completed before lockdown.
Oh damn! That sucks. Hope you get the PPR soon. So you are gonna give it again? Ugh I hope this won't create any delay in my medical request letter :(

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Oh damn! That sucks. Hope you get the PPR soon. So you are gonna give it again? Ugh I hope this won't create any delay in my medical request letter :(
I just sent to them my BVL thru webform and email to confirm that i’ve done the biometrics long time ago before lockdown.

Greeshmats10

Mar 17, 2021
Hey I'm facing the same biometrics issue. I gave my biometrics on Feb 18, I can see all my biometrics details like enrollment date, expiry date and biometrics number. But still on the bottom left section of updates it says we need your fingerprints. I raised a few webforms,but no update from IRCC.
I had also raised a webform, but after that the message changed as "We have not received your fingerprints". No again it is "We need you fingerprints" and also a new BIL (same as the first one).
I contacted VFS, they said I have to confirm from the high commission itself. But high commission is not responding to mails and calls. What shall we do?

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
I had also raised a webform, but after that the message changed as "We have not received your fingerprints". No again it is "We need you fingerprints" and also a new BIL (same as the first one).
I contacted VFS, they said I have to confirm from the high commission itself. But high commission is not responding to mails and calls. What shall we do?
Oh okay. Raise a webform explain them your query. It will take a few weeks for them to reply. Yeah the immigration offices takes up to a month to reply back. Where are you applying from?
Also did you check if your biometrics are valid on the IRCC site?

https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

Here is the link if you haven't.

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
Attach the tracking id/ biometrics receipt with the webform as a proof you got from the VFS.

If your fingerprints are not updated in the database of IRCC. You might have to give them again.

Greeshmats10

Mar 17, 2021
Oh okay. Raise a webform explain them your query. It will take a few weeks for them to reply. Yeah the immigration offices takes up to a month to reply back. Where are you applying from?
Also did you check if your biometrics are valid on the IRCC site?

https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

Here is the link if you haven't.
Thank you. I'll check that.
Also, I have a query, I had raised a webform before, so should we maintain any time gap before raising the next webform?

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
Depends on when did you raised it. But yeah do keep a gap of a week I'd suggest. And do tweak the message, as the system is v smart analysing the same message you know what I mean?