+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics not updated

neel578

Sep 23, 2021
Hi Friends,

I gave my biometrics on 6th August 2021 in the Mumbai center. I can see the biometrics number in my GC key but can not see it in the sections above, it still says, we need your fingerprints to process your application. I have called VFS several times they say, the update has to happen from Delhi High Commission now, you can try mailing them and ask to update it. I mailed them 2 days back but they haven't replied yet.

I am really worried now, as my medical went in the review even before I gave my biometrics, if this doesn't get updated my file is gonna get stuck.

Has anyone faced this issue before. Please help me what to do further.
hey i gave my biometric 3 days ago at ahmedabad vfs and facing the same isuue...
my bio number,start date and ending date are displayed in my gc account from that day..
but in timeline it shows 'we require your fingerprint to proceed your application' ..
there are certain small lines in my fingers from birth so vfs officer told me that in 1% case if requirements are not fullfill by ircc then you have to come back for re-bio.....now i am really confused and worried

bruh99

Mar 30, 2021
Category........
STUDY
hey i gave my biometric 3 days ago at ahmedabad vfs and facing the same isuue...
my bio number,start date and ending date are displayed in my gc account from that day..
but in timeline it shows 'we require your fingerprint to proceed your application' ..
there are certain small lines in my fingers from birth so vfs officer told me that in 1% case if requirements are not fullfill by ircc then you have to come back for re-bio.....now i am really confused and worried
I am also stuck because of this issue for 2+ months now.. can we give our biometrics again with the same BIL?

bruh99

Mar 30, 2021
Category........
STUDY
No no no....dont do it. Wait for some more time. Shit....this is so damn frustrating to be helpless.
So you have deferred your intake? What is the situation there?
Yeah.. I was thinking of going for a uni in Ontario at first but then chose the offer I had in Montreal.. this meant I lost a few weeks time for visa processing so I deferred from fall to winter and then applied for visa. I don't think they would offer another deferral in case I don't get my visa by December.

khushboo1692

Aug 12, 2021
Hi Friends,

I gave my biometrics on 6th August 2021 in the Mumbai center. I can see the biometrics number in my GC key but can not see it in the sections above, it still says, we need your fingerprints to process your application. I have called VFS several times they say, the update has to happen from Delhi High Commission now, you can try mailing them and ask to update it. I mailed them 2 days back but they haven't replied yet.

I am really worried now, as my medical went in the review even before I gave my biometrics, if this doesn't get updated my file is gonna get stuck.

Has anyone faced this issue before? Please help me what to do further.

Hello friends,
So finally my biometrics got updated after 12 days. Below is the timeline:

Upfront Medical - 3rd July 2021
Visa filed - 13th July 2021
Biometrics was done - 6th August 2021
Biometrics Updated - 18th August 2021
Medical Updated - 19th August 2021
PPR - 25th August 2021

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Yeah.. I was thinking of going for a uni in Ontario at first but then chose the offer I had in Montreal.. this meant I lost a few weeks time for visa processing so I deferred from fall to winter and then applied for visa. I don't think they would offer another deferral in case I don't get my visa by December.
Ok, got it. Good luck my friend. My best wishes.

Reactions: bruh99