+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics not updated

khushboo1692

Aug 12, 2021
Hi Friends,

I gave my biometrics on 6th August 2021 in the Mumbai center. I can see the biometrics number in my GC key but can not see it in the sections above, it still says, we need your fingerprints to process your application. I have called VFS several times they say, the update has to happen from Delhi High Commission now, you can try mailing them and ask to update it. I mailed them 2 days back but they haven't replied yet.

I am really worried now, as my medical went in the review even before I gave my biometrics, if this doesn't get updated my file is gonna get stuck.

Has anyone faced this issue before. Please help me what to do further.

sayyedmisbah

Jul 28, 2021
Even if u raise webform, you will get a general reply. You can only wait sis , I’m planning to withdraw this file and file another one since this file has stuck and I can’t do anything about it

Reactions: khushboo1692

khushboo1692

Aug 12, 2021
You need to wait, it should move within 6 weeks atleast. Relax, your file is getting processed.
I lodged my file on 13th July, my biometrics were delayed because the appointments were not available, the latest I got was for 6th August. Do you think it will take more time to update biometrics..??

big fungus

Aug 2, 2021
Same issue here. Gave biometrics exactly 3 weeks ago & nothing changed till today... they are unbelievably slow. :)

big fungus

Aug 2, 2021
Ohh

Oooohhh god thats long...have you tried contacting anyone..??
Yeah raised 2 webforms in between 10 or some days... until now got a very general message back that "they have all required documents as of now"... hopefully i'll make it +- on time for fall :rolleyes:

alfakido

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Dont worry, sometimes they dont update BIO on GC-KEY; I have seen PPR without BIO update.

Hi Friends,

I gave my biometrics on 6th August 2021 in the Mumbai center. I can see the biometrics number in my GC key but can not see it in the sections above, it still says, we need your fingerprints to process your application. I have called VFS several times they say, the update has to happen from Delhi High Commission now, you can try mailing them and ask to update it. I mailed them 2 days back but they haven't replied yet.

I am really worried now, as my medical went in the review even before I gave my biometrics, if this doesn't get updated my file is gonna get stuck.

Reactions: Bethyalexa

Adityan92

Jun 28, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I lodged my file on 13th July, my biometrics were delayed because the appointments were not available, the latest I got was for 6th August. Do you think it will take more time to update biometrics..??
I gave my biometrics on June 29th and it got updated on profile on August 3rd. So yes, it will take time, if yours is non-sds application, it will take atleast 9 weeks before you get a decision.

big fungus

Aug 2, 2021
I gave my biometrics on June 29th and it got updated on profile on August 3rd. So yes, it will take time, if yours is non-sds application, it will take atleast 9 weeks before you get a decision.
Not sure about that as average time for a study permit is 55 days, allegedly... I don't need PPR or medical for example, don't know if it has an impact tho... we'll see

khushboo1692

Aug 12, 2021
I can see yours biometric has also updated late... I have applied through sds category.

bruh99

Mar 30, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hi Friends,

Did you biometrics get updated?