+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics in Bangalore India - details on the process?

Arabellamax1

Sep 26, 2020
When will VFS global open in Bangalore? I have to provide my biometrics, I am applying for a study permit? Any ideas? please help.

abhi1992

Aug 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
11-10-2020
When will VFS global open in Bangalore? I have to provide my biometrics, I am applying for a study permit? Any ideas? please help.
Hi!! I guess Visa office in Bangalore is open for biometrics collections only for students and family based PR applicants. That's the news from VFS globals on Nov 20th. But the issue is, I'm unable to open their website, please let me know if you're able to.

abhi1992

Aug 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
11-10-2020
Kindly let me know where is the biometrics collection center in Bangalore? Is it opened for PR applicants?
I see there are 2 VFS Global centers in Bangalore. 1 near M G Road and 1 near Ashok Nagar, not sure which one is for PR applicants. And I don't think they are accepting biometric appointments for PR applicants. The latest update is only for students and family-based PR applications.

I guess you'll get the location details once you are able to book an appointment.

dreammapletree

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Thank you for your reply.

Is the VFS and VAC are same?
Is there any other center in India accepting biometric appointments for PR applicants?

abhi1992

Aug 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
11-10-2020
Thank you for your reply.

Is the VFS and VAC are same?
Is there any other center in India accepting biometric appointments for PR applicants?
Right now, I don't think so, following is the update from IRCC and was retweeted by 'Canda In India' -

"Visa Applications Centres (VACs) in India are starting to offer limited biometrics appointments for those who are coming to Canada to permanently reunite with family and those who are coming to study at one of the approved designated learning Institutions."

KuGupta

Dec 22, 2021
I went to VFS in Ashok Nagar, Bangalore for biometric
My experience is as follows.
My appointment was 5:45 pm on Wednesday and they let me in 40 minutes before the appointment.

Documents that I carried:
1. Hard copy of appointment letter
2. Hard copy of BIL
3. Original passport
4. Consent form (They said it was unnecessary and returned it to me)

I was displeased by the shady way they were forcing their premium services for cost of ₹3,100 (which covers the assistance and a shit discount on passport pickup and delivery on receiving PPR if we book it through VFS, SMS updates, and a Canadian sim card (which we should be getting free either way)). I opted not to pay for it, but all of the people I saw going before/after me paid for it.

Also, I had to empty my bag of water bottle, sanitizer, and umbrella before going in which I had to remember to take back while leaving.

Rest of the process was the same as mentioned in previous posts.

For premium subscribers, they were guiding them through SIM issuing process, whereas they didn't mention a word about the free Canadian sim issuing opportunity to the non-premium subscribers. I came to know about it after I left the VFS. If any non-premium applicant wants it, I'd suggest you better ask them after completing your biometrics because they definitely would not do it themselves.

Last edited:

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
I went to VFS in Ashok Nagar, Bangalore for biometric
My experience is as follows.
My appointment was 5:45 pm on Wednesday and they let me in 40 minutes before the appointment.

Documents that I carried:
1. Hard copy of appointment letter
2. Hard copy of BIL
3. Original passport
4. Consent form (They said it was unnecessary and returned it to me)

I was displeased by the shady way they were forcing their premium services for cost of ₹3,100 (which covers the assistance and a shit discount on passport pickup and delivery on receiving PPR if we book it through VFS, SMS updates, and a Canadian sim card (which we should be getting free either way)). I opted not to pay for it, but all of the people I saw going before/after me paid for it.

Also, I had to empty my bag of water bottle, sanitizer, and umbrella before going in which I had to remember to take back while leaving.

Rest of the process was the same as mentioned in previous posts.

For premium subscribers, they were guiding them through SIM issuing process, whereas they didn't mention a word about the free Canadian sim issuing opportunity to the non-premium subscribers. I came to know about it after I left the VFS. If any non-premium applicant wants it, I'd suggest you better ask them after completing your biometrics because they definitely would not do it themselves.
Premium guarantees passport pickup and delivery within a week. General would take anywhere from 30 to 45+ days. Hence, more people if can afford usually go for premium.

Ryan Gotham

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Premium guarantees passport pickup and delivery within a week. General would take anywhere from 30 to 45+ days. Hence, more people if can afford usually go for premium.
Hi, do you know if premium covers both pick-up and drop off? I’m reading conflicting posts in this forum, some say it’s only for 1-way. I’d really appreciate if you could shed some light on this process. My parents have opted for this service and they recently received PPR. Unsure what happens next.
Thanks

KuGupta

Dec 22, 2021
Hi, do you know if premium covers both pick-up and drop off? I’m reading conflicting posts in this forum, some say it’s only for 1-way. I’d really appreciate if you could shed some light on this process. My parents have opted for this service and they recently received PPR. Unsure what happens next.
Thanks
Premium covers nothing. You'll get some petty discount on booking for 2 way courier which compares nothing to the amount you pay to buy premium. It's just a scam. I guess you might've already realized it by now, else you can look at any youtube video discussing it. I got my passport pickup & dropped off all in a week without paying for premium option.