+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics in Bangalore India - details on the process?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
My mother-in-law is going to go for her biometrics appointment in Bangalore next week. Can someone here provide information on what the process is like? How long does it take, are they usually quick and efficient, do they ask for random documents etc?

Background: My MIL already has a valid US visa and recently expired Canadian visa. She has also traveled a lot, with many trips to the US, Canada, Europe, Aus and NZ in the past 10 years. Never had any issues getting a visa so I don't anticipate any trouble this time as well. We applied online and only need to get Biometrics now.

I'd appreciate it if someone can post a detailed account of their experience with VFS Bangalore (or any VFS in India). Specifically:

1. Is there anything she needs to take besides her passport and the biometrics request letter from IRCC?
2. Will they take her passport? Or will they give it back to her and she'll have to submit it later?
3. Anything else to keep in mind?

Thank you

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Hi.. I went to vfs bangalore for biometric
My experience is as follows.
My time was 8.30 am in morning, but the office opened at 9.15 am. There are no chairs , so everyone was waiting. The day was Saturday.

When they came, people were asked to form a line based on their appointment time. I got chance to enter within 20 min.

Documents that i carried
1.Hard copy of appointment letter
2.Hard copy of BIL
3. Original passport.
4. Your palms should be clean. No mehendi

Once I got inside, they verified my name in list against Bil and asked me to wait inside a hall, with a token.
Then token number was called, post which BIL and passport was reviewed against their system. And then they asked me to wait for the biometric.
Once my chance came for bio, i went inside a room. There they first took picture of my front and back of palm.
Then scan of each finger and i guess webcam picture too.

Once everything was done, they gave me a receipt with bio number. You are free to leave with your passport.

They just use your passport to see information and return you back.
Once ppr is approved, then passport needs to be submitted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21Goose

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
My time was 8.30 am in morning, but the office opened at 9.15 am. There are no chairs , so everyone was waiting. The day was Saturday.

When they came, people were asked to form a line based on their appointment time. I got chance to enter within 20 min.

Documents that i carried
2.Hard copy of BIL
3. Original passport.

Once I got inside, they verified my name in list against Bil and asked me to wait inside a hall, with a token.
Then token number was called, post which BIL and passport was reviewed against their system. And then they asked me to wait for the biometric.
Once my chance came for bio, i went inside a room. There they first took picture of my front and back of palm.

Once everything was done, they give you a receipt with bio number. You are free to leave with your passport.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

Reactions: ankur_bisht

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.
Most welcome. I have one question for you. My parents don't have a marriage certificate, but their passport shows they are married. Is it enough to upload both of their passport under marriage certificate and provide an explanation in LOE?

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Mos

Most welcome. I have one question for you. My parents don't have a marriage certificate, but their passport shows they are married. Is it enough to upload both of their passport under marriage certificate and provide an explanation in LOE?
Are they applying for a TRV? It's generally better to get a marriage certificate, but if they've been married for decades this should work as well.Also upload any other documents that show their amrried status - life insurance? bank statements?

If it's for sponsorship or PR, then you will need a marriage certificate.

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Are they applying for a TRV? It's generally better to get a marriage certificate, but if they've been married for decades this should work as well.Also upload any other documents that show their amrried status - life insurance? bank statements?

If it's for sponsorship or PR, then you will need a marriage certificate.
Thank you for the response. They are applying for a TRV. Marriage certificate is not possible as they were married long time back. I will add passport and some other document.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you for the response. They are applying for a TRV. Marriage certificate is not possible as they were married long time back. I will add passport and some other document.
You can still get a marriage certificate - the local municipal office can issue one. People do this all the time.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I have to convince dad. He is already pissed about so much documentation. Let me try. :)
It's worth a try because you never know when you will need it. If IRCC turns around and asks for it, then you have to get it anyway.

Best to get it from the get go. Ask your dad to call a lawyer friend, this is an easy thing to get in most cities.

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
It's worth a try because you never know when you will need it. If IRCC turns around and asks for it, then you have to get it anyway.

Best to get it from the get go. Ask your dad to call a lawyer friend, this is an easy thing to get in most cities.
Sure thing. One last question. My dad transferred some money from his other account , but all are owned by him. I have added all of his bank account statements in Proof of Funds. Do I need to highlight transactions as well?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Sure thing. One last question. My dad transferred some money from his other account , but all are owned by him. I have added all of his bank account statements in Proof of Funds. Do I need to highlight transactions as well?
Not really unless the amounts involved are suspiciously large. If you have attached both statements (the sending bank and the receiving bank), the officer can tally them. You can explain it in your LoE if you like.

"On 25 May I transferred Rs. 600,000 from Bank X to Bank Y. Both statements are attached"

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Not really unless the amounts involved are suspiciously large. If you have attached both statements (the sending bank and the receiving bank), the officer can tally them. You can explain it in your LoE if you like.

"On 25 May I transferred Rs. 600,000 from Bank X to Bank Y. Both statements are attached"
Sure thing. Thank you.

Harish S E

Jul 12, 2019

Documents that i carried
2.Hard copy of BIL
3. Original passport.

Once everything was done, they gave me a receipt with bio number. You are free to leave with your passport.

Hi I have one question, what is BIL?