+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics in Alberta, please join

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
Please post your AOR date and city and if you've received any call from Service Canada for biometrics. Mine AOR June 2nd, Edmonton still waiting for a call from SC. Please update. Thanks

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
AOR May 29 & BIL 20 July, Calgary - no call, waiting...

psidhu92

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
AOR - March 12, BIL date - April 27 CEC Inland, Edmonton
Still waiting for call grom SC
IRCC representative did tell me everything is passed in my application except criminality which is based on biometrics. Hopefully they call soon

Reactions: Ajnim and JaxT

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Hi guys, any of you have any idea where to send PCC postal application if I am sending it from Alberta? Is it vancouver or surrey?

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hi guys, any of you have any idea where to send PCC postal application if I am sending it from Alberta? Is it vancouver or surrey?
Edmonton: Unit #4, 10016 29A Avenue NW, AB T6N 1A8 (Google Map)
Phone: +1-604 235 2637 ; if the collection center is not open you will be directed BLS call center and they will email you the shipping label, don't worry about where it goes, just call them, pay, and get the shipping label; BLS doesn't accept individual shipping/courier

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Okay so all I need to do is fill the application under Vancouver jurisdiction right. And if i want to pay online for the labels would it still give me a preprinted label without mentioning which is my application centre? Would it automatically consider postal application centre? Bls website says all postal applications will gobto Vancouver but they also say you should do it as per your province and we have a centre in Edmonton too. I am just so confused with this

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Okay so all I need to do is fill the application under Vancouver jurisdiction right. And if i want to pay online for the labels would it still give me a preprinted label without mentioning which is my application centre? Would it automatically consider postal application centre? Bls website says all postal applications will gobto Vancouver but they also say you should do it as per your province and we have a centre in Edmonton too. I am just so confused with this
I live in Calgary and we have a center here too, but postal applications must be sent to the Vancouver jurisdiction center which is in surrey; I contacted the call center and received a shipping label in email. Not sure how online payment works. You also need to take a bank draft for fees that you'll include part of the application which is separate from shipping cost.

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Ok thanks for the information. And that fee is around 44$ if I am not wrong? I will try calling again but so far even though the phone rings nobody picks it at the edmonton bls. Thank you once again for the response

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Ok thanks for the information. And that fee is around 44$ if I am not wrong? I will try calling again but so far even though the phone rings nobody picks it at the edmonton bls. Thank you once again for the response
yup, 44.40 $. If Edmonton doesn't pick, try Calgary and ask them to patch to the call center.

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Thats a good advice. I will definitely try. Thank you
ensure the passport info in the application matches exactly the same, I had my parents surname included in the application but only given name in the passport, BLS reviewed and asked to resend the application and delayed almost everything.

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
I have one issue here that my family no longer stays in the old address thats on my passport. Although we still own the house we do not stay there. That is one concern for the in person verification. All my documents have my old address and the same is for my parents passport. I told my parents to alert the security guards at my old place when I get the update for initiation of police verification so that even if the house is locked they could speak to the security or my neighbours if required and complete the verification. I hope it goes through this way or if at all required they might go to the police station themselves and get the verification if needed.

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
I have one issue here that my family no longer stays in the old address thats on my passport. Although we still own the house we do not stay there. That is one concern for the in person verification. All my documents have my old address and the same is for my parents passport. I told my parents to alert the security guards at my old place when I get the update for initiation of police verification so that even if the house is locked they could speak to the security or my neighbours if required and complete the verification. I hope it goes through this way or if at all required they might go to the police station themselves and get the verification if needed.
I had the same issue, as mitigation, after 2 days of email receipt of "Initiation of police verification", I asked my parents to call the police station with the reference number and visited the station to complete the verification proactively. Note: The day we receive the email, the request goes to the local station

Reactions: Anaysa