+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics for infant dependent child sponsorship

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
I am new to the process of applications so wanted some help here. I went through the sponsorship process for dependent child and noticed this on IRCC website :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Get your fingerprints and photo taken
If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for every application for permanent residence you submit. Even if you gave your biometrics in the past and they’re still valid.
  • You must pay the biometrics fee when you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays.
  • Get this done as soon as you get the letter from us that tells you to give biometrics.
  • You have 30 days to do this from the date on the letter.
Find out who needs to give, how to give, and where to give your biometrics.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to apply for sponsorship for my twin children from Delhi, India so wanted to understand this :

1. Will my kids need to provide the biometrics(born in Aug 2020)?
2. Once I send the application do I need to send the documents for my kids with the application or will that be needed once IRCC has made a decision on the application?
3. Does it make sense for me to fill in the Financial Evaluation with the primary application, although it is required only when sponsoring kids with their own dependents. This is just to make sure I can avoid any delays int he process with already stretched Processing times?
4. Is there a way for me to put in an urgency request for the application? as my wife ,who was stuck in India during Covid lockdowns, had to give birth in Delhi and her PR card is expired. She has made the PRTD request over email but even if she gets the PRTD will not able to travel alone and will have to wait for the Visa for kids.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions you can provide.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am new to the process of applications so wanted some help here. I went through the sponsorship process for dependent child and noticed this on IRCC website :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for every application for permanent residence you submit. Even if you gave your biometrics in the past and they’re still valid.
  • You must pay the biometrics fee when you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays.
  • Get this done as soon as you get the letter from us that tells you to give biometrics.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to apply for sponsorship for my twin children from Delhi, India so wanted to understand this :

2. Once I send the application do I need to send the documents for my kids with the application or will that be needed once IRCC has made a decision on the application?
3. Does it make sense for me to fill in the Financial Evaluation with the primary application, although it is required only when sponsoring kids with their own dependents. This is just to make sure I can avoid any delays int he process with already stretched Processing times?
4. Is there a way for me to put in an urgency request for the application? as my wife ,who was stuck in India during Covid lockdowns, had to give birth in Delhi and her PR card is expired. She has made the PRTD request over email but even if she gets the PRTD will not able to travel alone and will have to wait for the Visa for kids.

Is your wife compliant with her RO? When receiving PRTD it isn't for an unlimited amount of time so may have expired by the time your child gets sponsorship approval. No there is no way to speed up processing times.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Your post quoted the guidelines that children under 14 do not give biometrics.

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Your post quoted the guidelines that children under 14 do not give biometrics.
True but when I looked up the application package it says that biometrics are required when applying from India.
I have sent the application now, going to wait for a response to see if it is required.

rozmink

Jun 15, 2021
@rahul1911 did you manage to get the TRV for your children.. I'm in a similar situation.. Can you pls guide the details to be filled on the form
In the online questionnaire, I have doubts on following questions:

1. it asks, 'are you giving someone access to your application'?
What do I choose ?
Should I choose 'Neither' or 'grant access to IRCC (because baby's parent is filling the application on his behalf)'?
If I choose 'grant access to IRCC' next question it asks, did your representative submit the letter to IRCC? which is irrelevant in our case.
Hence confused.
Does the letter mentioned mean the form IMM5475E?

2. it asks 'what is the main purpose of you visit'?
Our main purpose is basically applying for his PR after reaching there.
So, do i choose 'visit family/friends' or 'other'.

3. it says 'how are you related to your family member'?
the applicant is our baby. from his point of view, what do I choose 'Parent' or 'Child'?

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
@rahul1911 did you manage to get the TRV for your children.. I'm in a similar situation.. Can you pls guide the details to be filled on the form
In the online questionnaire, I have doubts on following questions:

1. it asks, 'are you giving someone access to your application'?
What do I choose ?
Should I choose 'Neither' or 'grant access to IRCC (because baby's parent is filling the application on his behalf)'?
If I choose 'grant access to IRCC' next question it asks, did your representative submit the letter to IRCC? which is irrelevant in our case.
Hence confused.
Does the letter mentioned mean the form IMM5475E?

2. it asks 'what is the main purpose of you visit'?
Our main purpose is basically applying for his PR after reaching there.
So, do i choose 'visit family/friends' or 'other'.

3. it says 'how are you related to your family member'?
the applicant is our baby. from his point of view, what do I choose 'Parent' or 'Child'?
Hey rozmink, so sorry for the the response so late.

IRCC cancelled the TRV Application for my kids the very next day they sent the PPR request for family sponsorship application. Considering they did the Family sponsorship early it made sense, in both cases they would have sent a PPR request anyways. The fee was refunded 3 days later.

I hope you have submitted details already but if not here is what you can fill :

1. Under giving access to the application : choose no. As the Sponsor you already have full access to the child's application. You and your spouse are considered coapplicants on the family sponsorship application.

2. Yes "visiting family / friends" is what you should choose. Considering you are marking that the child is dependent on you and needs to visit you in Canada.

3. You need to choose dependent child. Please note that many forums will tell you that you cannot apply or IRCC will not approve of TRV and family sponsorship together CIC website clearly states that you can have different applications for different intents. I actually mentioned in my kids TRV application that they will visit me in Canada to that I can support them and in case family sponsorship visa does not come in by 6 months of their trip then I Will make arrangements for their return to India.

Hope this helps.