+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics enrolled but application status still says "we need your fingerprints"

kareemsakr

Jul 21, 2016
I have submitted my biometrics at the VAC located in Abu Dhabi on the 30th of September.

now on my Application information section, it says
Biometrics:
Biometrics number : xxxx
Date of enrollment: 09/30/2018
Expiry date: 09/30/2028

but in the "Details about your application section" it says :
Biometrics: We need your fingerprints to process your application, check your messages below for details.

but the VAC informed me that there are no more actions to take from my side regarding the submission.

Any Thoughts? should I worry?

Last edited:

mulzi

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
It might take some time for them to update the system.

But it is odd that your biometrics expire the same day. I say wait for a few days and if nothing changes then raise a CSE. It might just be a technical glitch in their system.

kareemsakr

Jul 21, 2016
It might take some time for them to update the system.

But it is odd that your biometrics expire the same day. I say wait for a few days and if nothing changes then raise a CSE. It might just be a technical glitch in their system.
Thanks for the reply, it was a typo, its 10 years so 2028.

I have revisited the VAC and they told me that they're directly hooked to the embassy's system so there's nothing to do right now.

I have also submitted a case-specific inquiry but the email said it could take up to 10 days which will surpass my biometrics submission deadline, hence my worry.

Dayoslim

Apr 19, 2018
Thanks for the reply, it was a typo, its 10 years so 2028.

I have revisited the VAC and they told me that they're directly hooked to the embassy's system so there's nothing to do right now.

I have also submitted a case-specific inquiry but the email said it could take up to 10 days which will surpass my biometrics submission deadline, hence my worry.
Hello, Please I am in the same situation. I did my biometric enrolment on the 8/10/2018, however my online profile is yet to be updated. Please has your profile now been updated with the biometric registration details and how did you resolve this?

kareemsakr

Jul 21, 2016
Hello, Please I am in the same situation. I did my biometric enrolment on the 8/10/2018, however my online profile is yet to be updated. Please has your profile now been updated with the biometric registration details and how did you resolve this?
Hi Dayoslim, I am still in the same situation.

will post any updates to the case here, would greatly appreciate the same.

bone0906

Aug 27, 2018
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
17-08-2018
I'm in the same situation. Went to capture biometrics at my VAC in Lagos Nigeria on the 24th of September and till now it still says my fingerprints are required. I have raised a CSE as well. Hopefully, this would be sorted.

Reactions: Remyabenny

Dayoslim

Apr 19, 2018
I'm in the same situation. Went to capture biometrics at my VAC in Lagos Nigeria on the 24th of September and till now it still says my fingerprints are required. I have raised a CSE as well. Hopefully, this would be sorted.
Have you contacted the VAC in lagos to see if they could offer a solution, as i don't think raising CSE will address this. I sent a CSE on Tuesday, however i got a reply that my enquiry is likely to be resolved by one of the common issues listed on their help page. In essence, this indicates that they didn't bother to read the content of the message, they probably just skimmed through the subject of the message and as such their response isn't really helpful. I'd suggest you contact the VAC to see if they can do the enrolment once again, which is the option I'm opting for as there is no where to get help.

bone0906

Aug 27, 2018
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
17-08-2018
I already contacted
Have you contacted the VAC in lagos to see if they could offer a solution, as i don't think raising CSE will address this. I sent a CSE on Tuesday, however i got a reply that my enquiry is likely to be resolved by one of the common issues listed on their help page. In essence, this indicates that they didn't bother to read the content of the message, they probably just skimmed through the subject of the message and as such their response isn't really helpful. I'd suggest you contact the VAC to see if they can do the enrolment once again, which is the option I'm opting for as there is no where to get help.
I already contacted my VAC and they said they transmitted the biometrics immediately I had it done. I wait and see what the CSE says but please let me know if you succeed in enrolling again.

kareemsakr

Jul 21, 2016
Hi everyone, OP here.
I have opened a "technical difficulty" CSE. they responded telling me "We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the biometrics were received by the responsible office".

Hope this helps, I guess I was just being paranoid.

millz

Oct 15, 2018
Hi everyone, OP here.
I have opened a "technical difficulty" CSE. they responded telling me "We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the biometrics were received by the responsible office".

Hope this helps, I guess I was just being paranoid.
Thanks a lot for this update. I also raised a CSE on technical difficulty on Saturday. Please Can I know you AOR date and when you raised this CSE?

Reactions: porcupine6

Dayoslim

Apr 19, 2018
I already contacted

I already contacted my VAC and they said they transmitted the biometrics immediately I had it done. I wait and see what the CSE says but please let me know if you succeed in enrolling again.
Hello, my biometric information was updated on my online application portal yesterday. I hope you've been able to get yours sorted too?

millz

Oct 15, 2018
Hello, my biometric information was updated on my online application portal yesterday. I hope you've been able to get yours sorted too?
Hello
Did you do anything to get them to update it?
My biometrics date is also 8th October but no update yet.

Dayoslim

Apr 19, 2018
Hello
Did you do anything to get them to update it?
My biometrics date is also 8th October but no update yet.
I sent multiple CSEs to IRCC, also sent messages to the VAC and Canadian Embassy. The Canadian embassy got back to me that were aware of the technical glitch and were working to rectify it. So i guess it got updated after they were able to rectify it yesterday.

millz

Oct 15, 2018
I sent multiple CSEs to IRCC, also sent messages to the VAC and Canadian Embassy. The Canadian embassy got back to me that were aware of the technical glitch and were working to rectify it. So i guess it got updated after they were able to rectify it yesterday.
Okay. Thanks a lot for this. Please what email address did you use to contact the embassy?

Last edited: