+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics enrolled but application status still says "we need your fingerprints"

Sandra84

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Canada
I'm in the same situation. Went to capture biometrics at my VAC in Lagos Nigeria on the 24th of September and till now it still says my fingerprints are required. I have raised a CSE as well. Hopefully, this would be sorted.
Has it changed to completed on your profile now? If yes, about how many days did it take? Because I am currently in the same situation but I raised a CSE and they said that biometrics information was received by the responsible office

Sher001

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
IELTS Request
10-08-2018 IELTS S:8 L:8.5 R:7.5 W: 7.5
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-09-2018
I'm in the same situation. Two weeks wow that's a long time. Did my biometrics on 5/11/18, thought the update happens automatically.

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
I am also in the same situation. Received the biometrics instruction letter on 29 October 2018. Gave my biometrics on 2 November 2018, still no updates, and I am starting to get worried.

Dayoslim

Apr 19, 2018
I am also in the same situation. Received the biometrics instruction letter on 29 October 2018. Gave my biometrics on 2 November 2018, still no updates, and I am starting to get worried.
You should notify IRCC of this development by raising a CSE through the webform and attach a copy of the biometric completion ticket and receipt given to your on the day of submission at the VAC. Alternatively, you can call the VAC to ask if they can guide you on what to do.

Sandra84

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Canada
You should notify IRCC of this development by raising a CSE through the webform and attach a copy of the biometric completion ticket and receipt given to your on the day of submission at the VAC. Alternatively, you can call the VAC to ask if they can guide you on what to do.
my issue is that i did my biometrics 28 days ago. my biometrics details show in my profile but it still says my action is required so when i raised two CSEs (technical enquiry), I got the same email below from two different people stating -

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the Biometrics were received by the responsible office.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Last edited:

Dayoslim

Apr 19, 2018
my issue is that i did my biometrics 28 days ago. my biometrics details show in my profile but it still says my action is required so when i raised two CSEs (technical enquiry), I got the same email below from two different people stating -

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the Biometrics were received by the responsible office.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Use the link below to verify if your biometric details is in their database as confirmed in the email response you got from IRCC.
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

If it shows that they have it on file, then you have nothing to worry about

Sandra84

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Canada
Reactions: jackan and Dayoslim

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Wow thank you so much for this. just checked and it's there so i'm just going to relax and stop worrying. Lol
Just wondering if the issue had been resolved? have your status been updated to "completed"?
I got the same email from IRCC that they recieved my Biometric at the responsible office, but the account still didn't change.

Besino

Nov 27, 2019
I have submitted my biometrics at the VAC located in Abu Dhabi on the 30th of September.

now on my Application information section, it says
Biometrics:
Biometrics number : xxxx
Date of enrollment: 09/30/2018
Expiry date: 09/30/2028

but in the "Details about your application section" it says :
Biometrics: We need your fingerprints to process your application, check your messages below for details.

but the VAC informed me that there are no more actions to take from my side regarding the submission.

Any Thoughts? should I worry?
I am going through the same situation done biometrics 60 days ago but didnt got updated and they are saying fingerprint issuee and when i called the vfs they are saying they have already send the fingerprints. .is there any problem?

SUMIT1075

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/06/2015
File Transfer...
23/06/2015
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
30/06/2015
LANDED..........
soon
I am facing the same situation. Bio done 20 days ago but In gckey under the bio metrics section it is still says we need your fingerprints to start your process.