+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics enrolled but application status still says "we need your fingerprints"

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Same situation here but it shouldn't be an issue.

I gave my biometrics and the end of December at Service Canada on College St in Toronto.

I came back yesterday to ask them why the website was still not updated while it was updated the day after for my common-law (we gave them at the same time).

They said that everything is connected to the main BIometrics system and that the sticker they give you at the end means everything was done right and automatically submitted as there is multiple check in the software when you give your biometrics to ensure everything is done right.

A guy on another thread said he got the Ready for Visa email and the biometrics section was still not updated on the website, so we shouldn't worry if you gave your biometrics and got the proof (sticker).

Reactions: Jojo Jose

Jojo Jose

Dec 4, 2020

I gave my biometrics and the end of December at Service Canada on College St in Toronto.

I came back yesterday to ask them why the website was still not updated while it was updated the day after for my common-law (we gave them at the same time).

They said that everything is connected to the main BIometrics system and that the sticker they give you at the end means everything was done right and automatically submitted as there is multiple check in the software when you give your biometrics to ensure everything is done right.

A guy on another thread said he got the Ready for Visa email and the biometrics section was still not updated on the website, so we shouldn't worry if you gave your biometrics and got the proof (sticker).
Any updates bro

Any updates bro ? I have the same issue ?

Deepus333

Jan 22, 2020
Hi All,

even i am stuck with the same issue. any help will be appreciated.

unfortunately during this pandemic, i lost luxury of multiple biometrics in Canada-

Vijayca

Jul 11, 2021
I have submitted my biometrics at the VAC located in Abu Dhabi on the 30th of September.

now on my Application information section, it says
Biometrics:
Biometrics number : xxxx
Date of enrollment: 09/30/2018
Expiry date: 09/30/2028

but in the "Details about your application section" it says :
Biometrics: We need your fingerprints to process your application, check your messages below for details.

but the VAC informed me that there are no more actions to take from my side regarding the submission.

Any Thoughts? should I worry?
This got resolved automatically or do i need to connect with ircc to resolve this issue >

Sandeep1401

Jan 11, 2022
Please help me out !!
I gave my biometric on 30 dec 2021 but it is still not updated in gc key but my biometric number is there in the gc key portal ...

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Please help me out !!
I gave my biometric on 30 dec 2021 but it is still not updated in gc key but my biometric number is there in the gc key portal ...
no need to worry. I had the same issue before, later work permit was approved with no issue.
Your biometric will be completed the date your application is approved.

Jun 27, 2023
Hi All,

I have applied for a Spousal Open work permit and since I had a previous refusal with my last application, I already had my Biometrics done.
I had the previous refusal in the month of Jan 2023 after getting the Biometrics done and my Biometric is still valid for another 10 years which is not a problem.
Now in my new application to open work permit, I see that the Biometric details are all updated in the Application Information but under " Details about your application status" the Biometric still reflects " We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. " .
I believe this should have infact been completed at the updated date.
Can someone please let me know if this could be a problem or is this as expected as my Biometrics was already collected.

Jun 27, 2023
Hi All,

I have applied for a Spousal Open work permit and since I had a previous refusal with my last application, I already had my Biometrics done.
I had the previous refusal in the month of Jan 2023 after getting the Biometrics done and my Biometric is still valid for another 10 years which is not a problem.
Now in my new application to open work permit, I see that the Biometric details are all updated in the Application Information but under " Details about your application status" the Biometric still reflects " We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. " .
I believe this should have infact been completed at the updated date.
Can someone please let me know if this could be a problem or is this as expected as my Biometrics was already collected.

pkIndia2023

Nov 1, 2023
Hi All,

I am in the same situation. I can see my biometric number, expiry date,etc on top but it still shows action required.
Also, under biometric it shows
'
  • We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.'

Can someone please help here. Any steps I can do or can you share your experience