+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics and TRV Extension

Kiran028

Mar 28, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone applied for Visitor Visa Extension (Temporary Resident Visa Extension) within Canada recently?

I am currently staying in Canada with valid Work Permit and applied for the extension of Visa (TRV) with in Canada. I have received a Biometrics Instruction letter which states that I have to go out of Canada to do Biometrics with in 30 days as there are no centers within Canada as of now. My visa is already expired and I cannot reenter if I go out for Biometrics. Is anyone facing the same issue ? Please advice.

Thanks in Advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone applied for Visitor Visa Extension (Temporary Resident Visa Extension) within Canada recently?

I am currently staying in Canada with valid Work Permit and applied for the extension of Visa (TRV) with in Canada. I have received a Biometrics Instruction letter which states that I have to go out of Canada to do Biometrics with in 30 days as there are no centers within Canada as of now. My visa is already expired and I cannot reenter if I go out for Biometrics. Is anyone facing the same issue ? Please advice.

Thanks in Advance.
1. If you have a valid US visa, you can do the biometrics in the US. As long as you only visit the US or St. Pierre et Miquelon, you can return within the
validity of your work permit.

Kiran028

Mar 28, 2019
Hi

1. If you have a valid US visa, you can do the biometrics in the US. As long as you only visit the US or St. Pierre et Miquelon, you can return within the
HI Thanks for your reply. Good to know this info. I do have US visitor visa. I will contact CIC again just check if any changes made on my application and then decide.

visitorcanada3097

Apr 8, 2019
Hi

Hi I'm from Phillipines
I entered Canada as a visitor last December 2018 and i applied to open work permit.

Does it counts when i entered Canada by air in my arrival there was a electronics or a machine that i scan my passport take my picture and fingerprint

Does it counts as a Biometrics?

princeton_513

Feb 22, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in Advance.
Did you have to give biometrics? If yes, it would be in contradiction with the following information on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/what.html, which states
Note: There is a temporary public policy exemption for in-Canada applicants. More specifically, foreign nationals who are eligible to apply from within Canada would normally provide their biometrics as part of an application or request for

• a temporary resident visa (TRV)
  • a work permit or study permit
  • a temporary resident permit
  • permanent residence
However, since there is currently no biometric service delivery network within Canada, these applicants are exempt from the biometrics requirement until such time as the public policy is lifted. Applicants who apply from within Canada, but whose applications are not eligible to be processed from within Canada, are not covered under this public policy exemption. Those applicants are required to leave Canada in order to submit their biometrics as part of their application.
I would appreciate your immediate response.