+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric Renewal

nmatter

May 12, 2019
My TRV is expired but biometric still valid for another 3 years so my question is can I extend my biometric for another 5-10 years when applying fresh TRV?

because as I remember I can’t see any option.
Appreciate expert reply
Thanks

Cheese Curd

Sep 24, 2023
Validity of your visa or permit cannot exceed the validity of biometrics. So if you apply now the maximum validity of your visa will be 3 years. You can give them again to get them valid for another 10 years.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
My TRV is expired but biometric still valid for another 3 years so my question is can I extend my biometric for another 5-10 years when applying fresh TRV?

because as I remember I can’t see any option.
Appreciate expert reply
Thanks
You can mention that you would like to provide biometrics again to extend the validity of the visa but it is up to IRCC whether they want you to do that. They have to give you a BIL, you can't just go and do it without a BIL.

nmatter

May 12, 2019
You can mention that you would like to provide biometrics again to extend the validity of the visa but it is up to IRCC whether they want you to do that. They have to give you a BIL, you can't just go and do it without a BIL.
Thanks For reply but where I can put this info when applying?

Cheese Curd

Sep 24, 2023
When you are filling out the application there is a question asking if you'd like to give biometrics again.

nmatter

May 12, 2019
Validity of your visa or permit cannot exceed the validity of biometrics. So if you apply now the maximum validity of your visa will be 3 years. You can give them again to get them valid for another 10 years.
yes I know but as per info widely available on net I can give bio after expiration only so looking if they allow to renew when applying again (having valid bio) so I can have a chance for visa issue to me maximum period (otherwise they will issue visa till my bio is valid )

Cheese Curd

Sep 24, 2023
yes I know but as per info widely available on net I can give bio after expiration only so looking if they allow to renew when applying again (having valid bio) so I can have a chance for visa issue to me maximum period (otherwise they will issue visa till my bio is valid )
That is not true. Please see the excerpt below:
An applicant with valid biometrics on file can voluntarily re-enrol their biometrics within the 10 year period if they wish to receive a visa or permit that covers a longer period.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/validity.html#documents

JAYB92

Jul 24, 2023
Biometric Renewal Request

Applied - 25th May 2023
Request for biometric fee payment - 7th September 2023
Biometric Instruction Letter - 25th September 2023

My previous biometric validity ends in 2026 from my last application.

My Question:
Does it necessarily mean they want to grant a visa with a duration longer than the validity of my old biometric ?

Is this a positive sign for my application ?

nmatter

May 12, 2019
Biometric Renewal Request

Applied - 25th May 2023
Request for biometric fee payment - 7th September 2023
Biometric Instruction Letter - 25th September 2023

My previous biometric validity ends in 2026 from my last application.

My Question:
Does it necessarily mean they want to grant a visa with a duration longer than the validity of my old biometric ?

Is this a positive sign for my application ?
Can you tell me at which stage you got the option for bio renewal ?

JAYB92

Jul 24, 2023
Can you tell me at which stage you got the option for bio renewal ?
After about 3.5 months of no update, the requested me to pay the biometric fee. And the BIL in two weeks time after I paid and uploaded the receipt.

I did biometric in 2016 which implies that my biometric information is still valid until 2026.

nmatter

May 12, 2019
After about 3.5 months of no update, the requested me to pay the biometric fee. And the BIL in two weeks time after I paid and uploaded the receipt.

I did biometric in 2016 which implies that my biometric information is still valid until 2026.
so you did not request when filling TRV?