+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric for Super Visa Has Wrong Birth Country

QueenShin2

Apr 17, 2019
Hi everyone,

I've been scanning the forums (which by the way have provided some very helpful information) and am now officially going through the process to sponsor my Grandmother.

I submitted the application yesterday and have received the request for Biometric today.

Now here's the fun part - as I was going through the biometric form, it said that my grand mothers birth country was Canada and her Citizenship was Sri Lanka.

I double checked all my forms that I submitted and it all made sure that her birth country and Citizenship was Sri Lanka.

Now, I am the one representing her - could that be why it says birth country as Canada? If someone can provide some insight as soon as possible, I can contact immigration to make corrections (if required).

Thanks

QueenShin2

Apr 17, 2019
Hi everyone,

Bumping my thread as I'm wondering if someone can help. I realized that I made a mistake on imm5257 and reached out via web form.

I just got a response saying that I need to reach out to the VAC office in Sri Lanka to make the change for my grandmothers birth country.

Does anyone have any experience with reaching out via email to international VAC's? I'm wondering if it will take a while for the change to come in effect before the deadline of submitting biometrics. Or if I should just start a new application :/

QueenShin2

Apr 17, 2019
Also - based on the automated reply - they said they can only provide general information - so I'm not sure if they will be able to change the birth country on the application.

Just a bit confused - any help will be appreciated!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

Bumping my thread as I'm wondering if someone can help. I realized that I made a mistake on imm5257 and reached out via web form.

I just got a response saying that I need to reach out to the VAC office in Sri Lanka to make the change for my grandmothers birth country.

Does anyone have any experience with reaching out via email to international VAC's? I'm wondering if it will take a while for the change to come in effect before the deadline of submitting biometrics. Or if I should just start a new application :/
The VAC won't be able to change this. You must email her local visa office with her correct application form + biopages of her passport