+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric Appointment - After 30 Days

Member31

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hello,

My parents received an email to appear for the biometric fingerprints. In the letter, it is mentioned that they have to appear within 30 days. However, they received the earliest appointment after 30 days. And there are no appointments in near by states as well.

Has anyone been aware about the similar situation?

Regards,
Udit

frange

May 25, 2018
Just guess by yourself what you should do in that situation? You don't have the power to force an appointment earlier, neither postpone the appointment date.

R: 1-You take the earliest available appointment date
2- Let's IRCC knows about the situation (Via Webform) and include the appointment receipt as proof. So that they will internally extend it. No need to receive an extension confirmation; but keep a copy of the email you sent them. If they use to contact you by email, make sure you send your email to this email as well as webform. Just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
Reactions: armoured

Member31

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Just guess by yourself what you should do in that situation? You don't have the power to force an appointment earlier, neither postpone the appointment date.

R: 1-You take the earliest available appointment date
2- Let's IRCC knows about the situation (Via Webform) and include the appointment receipt as proof. So that they will internally extend it. No need to receive an extension confirmation; but keep a copy of the email you sent them. If they use to contact you by email, make sure you send your email to this email as well as webform. Just to be on the safe side.
Thanks for your input.

vikramnaik14

Nov 30, 2020
Category........
PNP
Any idea in the webform which office to select? I am applying for PR so I have no idea which office is in charge.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Any idea in the webform which office to select? I am applying for PR so I have no idea which office is in charge.
This doesn't make any sense. You still haven't informed IRCC about your biometrics situation? It's been over 90 days since the original post.

vikramnaik14

Nov 30, 2020
Category........
PNP
This doesn't make any sense. You still haven't informed IRCC about your biometrics situation? It's been over 90 days since the original post.
I am not the sender of the original post! I am just in a similar situation right now

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I am not the sender of the original post! I am just in a similar situation right now
Sorry nevermind my bad. When sending a webform it asks you if your file is being worked on by a visa office outside of Canada. If your Sponosor Approval letter doesn’t say where it will be transferred, then check your most recent communication with IRCC if it mentions any visa office or location. If all fails then maybe your application hasn’t been transferred and is still in Canada. It’s all speculation..
What’s your timeline so far?

vikramnaik14

Nov 30, 2020
Category........
PNP
I am a PR applicant who got a biometric letter on the 10th of December and the earliest appointment available in my city is on 11th January.