+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Guys, would someone please explain what happened, i just started watching and it was over,
What did they agreed on ? the government motion and suggestions or the senates' amendments ?

Reactions: indianincanada

pkin007

Star Member
May 26, 2017
I know there were 3 changes proposed by Senate, how much did HoC accepted and how much did they change ?What are the chances now ?
Change related to age requirement was rejected. The other 2 changes for minor applicants and repeal/review process were accepted but with some changes to the text of the various clause/sub-clause..

Reactions: indianincanada

pkin007

Star Member
May 26, 2017
So now senate will debate or consider the changes made to the 2 accepted amendments as well as the rejection of the age amendment. Most likely there will be some discussions around the one amendment rejected as well as some pompous cons would ramble on for hours like in HoC but this will pass for sure..again IMHO

May 3, 2017
Change related to age requirement was rejected. The other 2 changes for minor applicants and repeal/review process were accepted but with some changes to the text of the various clause/sub-clause..
But what if Senate doesnt approve the age requirement ? Would it come again to HoC ? What are the chances ?

pkin007

Star Member
May 26, 2017
But what if Senate doesnt approve the age requirement ? Would it come again to HoC ? What are the chances ?
Since I am the PM of Canada as well as the leader of opposition and the immigration minister no chance senate rejecting the changes..take it from me:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D:D

pkin007

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Jokes apart no one can tell you what will senate do at least no one in this forum..be patient and wait for the bill to be taken up in senate..some of senators have been tweeting that the bill will be debated this week over in senate so keep ur fingers crossed.

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
Jokes apart no one can tell you what will senate do at least no one in this forum..be patient and wait for the bill to be taken up in senate..some of senators have been tweeting that the bill will be debated this week over in senate so keep ur fingers crossed.
I just got a message from my friend in Ottawa...
As well as a few phone calls from Justin Trudeau, Donald Trump and... even V. Putin. They all assured me the Bill gonna pass the next week!

;-P Just trolling those guys who are constantly trying to troll us posting "bad news"

stalintouch

Apr 2, 2011
I just got a message from my friend in Ottawa...
As well as a few phone calls from Justin Trudeau, Donald Trump and... even V. Putin. They all assured me the Bill gonna pass the next week!

;-P Just trolling those guys who are constantly trying to troll us posting "bad news"
Hahaha thats hilarious

Reactions: Varangian

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
So, it really takes 2 days (less than 24 hours) for the amendments to be discussed and forwarded back to the Senate. Unless, the Senate reject them, C-6 should become law by June 29, 2017.

walktheline

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
So 5 sitting days left in Senate, 14,15,20,21,22, then as usual they will start holiday one week earlier. If it's not completed by next Thursday, then it will be left untouched until Sep 26th the earliest (as usual they will have one more week holiday in September).

For the next 5 sitting days, they have other more important business to finalize, C-16 (transgender rights) 3rd reading, C-4 (RCMP union rights) Amendments, C-44 budget bill.

Last edited:

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
So, it really takes 2 days (less than 24 hours) for the amendments to be discussed and forwarded back to the Senate. Unless, the Senate reject them, C-6 should become law by June 29, 2017.
And Linda Frum will not do anything to stall it in the senate? Hard to believe it based on what she did a few months ago...

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
So 5 sitting days left in Senate, 14,15,20,21,22, then as usual they will start holiday one week earlier. If it's not completed by next Thursday, then it will be left untouched until Sep 26th the earliest (as usual they will have one more week holiday in September).

For the next 5 sitting days, they have other more important business to finalize, C-16 (transgender rights) 3rd reading, C-4 (RCMP union rights) Amendments, C-44 budget bill.
http://www.parl.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&billId=8117654
    • Consideration of Messages between the Senate and the House of Commons
http://www.parl.ca/LegisInfo/Agenda.aspx?Language=E
LEGISinfo

Bills on Today's Agenda

pkin007

Star Member
May 26, 2017

And Linda Frum will not do anything to stall it in the senate? Hard to believe it based on what she did a few months ago...
First off i am not a pessimist...so yeah i still believe this can pass by end of June..secondly as far as Frum goes..this time the discussion is on changes made to the amendments sent by Senate and nothing else..so IMHO it will follow same script in senate a sittignn where con will shit all over the place without giving a good reason for the bill not to go forward and next day there would be a vote and it will be sent for RA...

That's my optimism speaking