+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
You can laugh my friend, but, this is as good as it gets. Canada is far better than most countries in the world. Of course there are going to be opposing ideals. That is what a democracy is all about. But the way Canadian govt has treated me and my family when they had no obligation to, has left a deep mark on me. May be you hold a govt to even higher standards, but, yeah I guess everything is relative. Cheers.

Well said! Canada has done a lot of good. I may not like some things here, but I cannot deny the good the do. I'd prefer to carry a Canadian passport over an American one anywhere in the world.

Andy76

Jun 1, 2017
One good news..just talk with local MP on phone and he says it will be discussed today for sure..he is confident and he told me to call in the evening also and he will update the discussion..

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
I am going to be PR soon. I am very much hopeful that this C-6 bill gets passed. My life will be a lot better if it does. Otherwise I am looking at 4 years from the date I become PR to put in my Citizenship application. With this bill passed it will reduce to 2 year. So things might not be the same for you guys and some may not bother as they may complete their time in an year or so but it really affects me a lot.

sivabalan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
Folks keep in mind that while C-6 is the bill you are MOST interested and concerned about at this point, in reality it is just one of many many other bills in HoC and Senate; and frankly, not a highly ranked priority one either. The assumption that MPs and Senators need to rush it or even have a desire to do so is just the creation of your imagination. The bill will be addressed when the right time arrives, until then more important bills will be discussed. Any inconvenience you may have as a result is, unfortunately, irrelevant because there is no law at any level of the government in support of individual convenience, whether citizen or not.
I agree with you that other bills are important for the govt. But, Bill C6 is the reason for this forum so we are here to discuss and see what we can do about C6.

1986rich

Dec 12, 2014
I got an email response from my MP....

Thank you for your email. Bill C-6 was passed by the Senate, with amendments, on May 3, 2017. This Bill will now return to the House of Commons for review. The most recent calendar of House business has the Bill up-for-consideration on June 12, 2017. If the House approves the Senate’s amendments, the Bill could receive Royal Assent and become law before July. If the House does not, the Bill will be returned to the Senate. There are only a few weeks left in the legislative calendar before the summer break. If the House returns the Bill to the Senate, it won’t be considered until the Fall.

I hope this information is of use.

Kind regards,

Benjamin Bushell

Legislative Assistant | Adjointe législative

Erin Weir, MP for Regina—Lewvan | Député de Regina—Lewvan
New Democratic Party | Nouveau Parti démocratique

Reactions: AliChraim

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
This is worse than the Americans and Russians and becoming more and more confusing. One person says that his MP said it will be discussed today?? and then a letter saying by another saying the 12th. What on earth is happening to C6

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
We have reached the 400th page of this forum. The pain of waiting will soon be over. It's just like having a baby, you wait 9 months, go into labor for about 14 hours, then deliver. Once, the baby is out you forget all the pain.

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Guys the real question here is... Where on earth is Carmen Sandiego?!?!?!

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Well, I don't know what to think anymore with all these mixed signals. If the Liberals truely intend to delay C-6 for consideration until Fall then they definitely lost my vote in 2019. Provided that this damn legislation passes in time for me to vote in 2019