spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
It seems that the backlog has already occurred:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/overall-slowdown-in-citizenship-application-processing.498141/
Wonder what will happen once all items in C-6 take effect.
Just to clarify: There is one forum member (who probably him/herself is waiting for their application to be processed and therefore is nervous) who asks that they think that applications are getting slower. That does not in any way imply that the average processing time is in fact increasing. Nor does it imply a backlog.

Reactions: Ramik and lilen

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
I've always been the positive optimistic person on this forum.
I was, until recently.
I was certain, after Omidvar decided to amend the Bill that this would cause further delays, and here we are, the message has been sent to the HoC more than a month ago without any reaction.
Now, what could happen, WITH LUCK, the bill could become law by end of June and might come into around the end of June 2018.
BUT GUESS WHAT, I'll be eligible to apply under C-24 on JUNE 29, 2018...
The former positive optimistic me would've thought "but it might come into force under a few months"... I don't believe that anymore... There's good chances that I will have been impacted by BOTH C-24 and THEN by C-6 also...
It is what it is. I know that as an immigrant, Citizenship is not a right but a privilege. But still...

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

lilen

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
why
I was, until recently.
I was certain, after Omidvar decided to amend the Bill that this would cause further delays, and here we are, the message has been sent to the HoC more than a month ago without any reaction.
Now, what could happen, WITH LUCK, the bill could become law by end of June and might come into around the end of June 2018.
The former positive optimistic me would've thought "but it might come into force under a few months"... I don't believe that anymore... There's good chances that I will have been impacted by BOTH C-24 and THEN by C-6 also...
It is what it is. I know that as an immigrant, Citizenship is not a right but a privilege. But still...
u will apply before 29 of june 2018, wait and u will see

Vivianw86

Jun 1, 2017
I was, until recently.
Why do you think C6 will take another year to come into force..... because C24?

Reactions: lilen

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
bill c6 is a positive change... increased processing time or otherwise.... stop worrying about what might happen.. it is out of your hands.... i will be able to apply under c24 in jan 2018.. and if c6 come into effect the day before i apply even then i will be happy....

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
contrary to popular belief, citizenship and PR applications rarely depend on processing times or backlogs.. they depend on your immigration and travel history and criminal background... fam class sponsorship for my wife took 7 months.. we had a straightforward relationship and marriage with enough proof...... i have seen people with not so straightforward cases, (eg divorce, extensive travel history, etc) wait for more than a year and a half.... processing time at that time was 9 months.... my pr renewal on the other hand took 10 months as my case was not so straight forward.. processing time was 30 days... so quit debating about processing times.. look at your own history.. if it is crystal clear.. you will get citizenship fast(c24 or c6).. if not expect delays....

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
I was, until recently.
Hang in there. Under the current 4/6 I'm pushed out to at least December 2018 . . . But it will be more into 2019 since I've travelled a bit [859 post PR-days now]. The pre-PR days would push me to 1,205 days :/

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I was, until recently.
More and more people have come to this realization - just look at how much fewer replies this thread has been getting lately. A couple of months ago just one tweet from one of those senators would get this thread all excited and grow by multiple pages within an hour...

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
C6 will be finalised very soon. The government agenda is far bigger than C6.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
More and more people have come to this realization - just look at how much fewer replies this thread has been getting lately. A couple of months ago just one tweet from one of those senators would get this thread all excited and grow by multiple pages within an hour...
Bec the bill is not in senate now and only a few senators would like to reply to tweets regarding C-6.