+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
spyfy updated earlier that b. chagger said c6 will be discussed today. that must mean it will be... would be nice if we could have any idea about the time though... that is why i was going through the POB... lets just wait I guess...
Everyone speculates on this forum, no matter how "knowledgeable" they may sound. They may be right than another but I only believe what I see written and when it happens.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Everyone speculates on this forum, no matter how "knowledgeable" they may sound. They may be right than another but I only believe what I see written and when it happens.
With all due respect, I am not speculating. I directly quoted the Leader of the Government in the House who was asked what will be the business of the week after the break and said this:
"When we come back, we will proceed with Bill C-6 on citizenship.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, we will continue with second reading debate of Bill C-46.
Thursday, June 1, will be an allotted day."
(you can find this in the Hansard of Thursday, May 18)

Speculating would be if I simply made up stuff from my own "feelings". I was directly referring to the statement above.

Now it seems that today, Monday, they are doing C-46 which they were originally planning to do on Tuesday. So it might very well be that they mixed up the week a bit.

But again, I am NOT speculating but basing my assessments on important sources. The Leader of the Government in the House is the one who controls the Government Orders and what is being discussed in the House. So if anything, the Leader of the Governmetn in the House is the best source that is available to us.

I also find it a bit offensive that you put "knowledgeable" in quotes as if I'm just pretentious and don't actually provide help. Nobody needs to call me knowledgeable (without the quotes), but I'm not wasting hours on this forum to be called "knowledgeable" (with quotes).

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
But again, I am NOT speculating but basing my assessments on important sources. The Leader of the Government in the House is the one who controls the Government Orders and what is being discussed in the House. So if anything, the Leader of the Governmetn in the House is the best source that is available to us.
agreed.. you do hellava job my friend.. you do all the leg work for lazy bums like me... know this.. it is "much appreciated".. trust me.. look at the number of likes you have. keep up the good work... and thanks again...

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Why do you choose to take this personally? My comment is general (though it was in a reference to something you might have said). Forums are full of speculations by its very nature. This is not a peer-reviewed journal.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Why do you choose to take this personally? My comment is general (though it was in a reference to something you might have said). Forums are full of speculations by its very nature. This is not a peer-reviewed journal.
Someone was talking about what I reported regarding a statement from B. Chagger. Then you quoted that very post and said "Everyone speculates on this forum, no matter how "knowledgeable" they may sound." I don't know how that cannot be taken as referring to me personally.

Yes, this forum is full of speculations, but you said "EVERYONE speculates". That's wrong because I don't. The reference to B. Chagger was a quote from her as a government representative. That's not speculation. That's what I was trying to say earlier.

If you did not intend to refer to me specifically, I'm of course happy to hear that.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
If it's gonna go back to senate, I don't think it'll be law by end of June.
let's just have more patience then
C-6 is supposed to be back to the Senate in any way! It has to be stamped there prior to becoming a low.

Reactions: lilen

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
C-6 is supposed to be back to the Senate in any way! It has to be stamped there prior to becoming a low.
This is not correct. If the HoC accepted all amendments as proposed by the Senate, the bill would go directly to the Governor General for Royal Assent.

Obviously, by now it is clear that the HoC will not simply accept all amendments, so this case is not relevant.

Just wanted to point out that it's not correct that "C-6 is supposed to be back to the Senate in any way".

Reactions: anasja2000