+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deerestlovelybear said:
It's not at all. I don't think this particular amendment will pass the SoC but who knows. If it does, it will be returned by the HoC. The amendment is a charter violation and the lib's won't let this one go.

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Redfield said:
And we're back at it, couldn't go one week without someone on this forum announcing the death of the Bill, even when Senate is not sitting lol ;D
Your suggestion is very much appreciated.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Yes, this last amendment "is a terrorist, is a terrorist, is a terrorist" or "is a citizen, is a citizen, is a citizen" question where we already seen so many irrational and emotional discussions. Although the solution is very simple. There is no "right" or "wrong" answer to this question. It is about the society as a whole to decide what is morally right or wrong.

It is impossible o predict how senators will vote, but I am pretty sure if this amendment is passed in the senate, it will not pass in the HoC.

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
sistemc said:
Yes, this last amendment "is a terrorist, is a terrorist, is a terrorist" or "is a citizen, is a citizen, is a citizen" question where we already seen so many irrational and emotional discussions. Although the solution is very simple. There is no "right" or "wrong" answer to this question. It is about the society as a whole to decide what is morally right or wrong.

It is impossible o predict how senators will vote, but I am pretty sure if this amendment is passed in the senate, it will not pass in the HoC.
They can introduce new bill for that, because we dont care about this clause, at least i dont care about it.

HoC and senates must negotiate this clause.

But this clause is important though because to revoke citizenship is an additional punishment ;D all canadians voted for this clause . So it should pass

Canada 1

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
Med's Request
04-25-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-29-2013
asifmehmood said:
A free advise, for a stress free next week, I would recommend not to follow this forum until May 3rd.
What is on May 3rd ? pardon my ignorance.

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Canada 1 said:
What is on May 3rd ? pardon my ignorance.
To congratulate each others, as the bill/3rd reading is likely to be dealt with in Senate on May 3rd.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
The consecutive Senate Caucus is going to question Ahmed Hussen (Immigration Minster) on Tuesday. I expect something is going to happen and I hope they will agree on something for the terrorism clause.

Any thoughts?

Jesuslovesyou

Apr 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asifmehmood said:
A free advise, for a stress free next week, I would recommend not to follow this forum until May 3rd.
Guys, guys! I will advise you to apply now with current requirements and make use of the processing time if you are eligible. I withdrew my first citizenship application last year on the advice of the Citizenship Judge and he insisted I reapply asap so as not to fall into the backlog of applicants after bill C-6. I guess he knew exactly what he was saying and upon reading comments on this site, I see that the current average processing time is 7 months. Yes, bill C-6 will bring back the 3/5 year rule and along with that the same backlog we had in 2012, 2013, 2014. Be wise........

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Jesuslovesyou said:
Guys, guys! I will advise you to apply now with current requirements and make use of the processing time if you are eligible. I withdrew my first citizenship application last year on the advice of the Citizenship Judge and he insisted I reapply asap so as not to fall into the backlog of applicants after bill C-6. I guess he knew exactly what he was saying and upon reading comments on this site, I see that the current average processing time is 7 months. Yes, bill C-6 will bring back the 3/5 year rule and along with that the same backlog we had in 2012, 2013, 2014. Be wise........
How would people apply when they didn't finish the time required! If you submit your application with less than 4 years after PR it will automatically get rejected.

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
Whocares said:
The consecutive Senate Caucus is going to question Ahmed Hussen (Immigration Minster) on Tuesday. I expect something is going to happen and I hope they will agree on something for the terrorism clause.

Any thoughts?
Can you please let me know from where this information was obtained. It is not in the order of business for the day? Thanks

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
subha_1962 said:
Can you please let me know from where this information was obtained. It is not in the order of business for the day? Thanks
Question Period is on the order of the day every day. You can't see if a minister is present or not on there.

However
https://twitter.com/SenatorLWSmith/status/857943633298952192

To me, that seems mostly like the Conservative Caucus wants to show off once more how much they hate the terrorism part. I expect Hussen to simply defend that terrorism clause change. It would be very surprising if the government made a 180 on this campaign promise.

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
spyfy said:
Question Period is on the order of the day every day. You can't see if a minister is present or not on there.

However
https://twitter.com/SenatorLWSmith/status/857943633298952192

To me, that seems mostly like the Conservative Caucus wants to show off once more how much they hate the terrorism part. I expect Hussen to simply defend that terrorism clause change. It would be very surprising if the government made a 180 on this campaign promise.
Thank you spyfy. Yes I too expect The Minister would defend the govt stance as it was one of their chief platform promises.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
subha_1962 said:
Thank you spyfy. Yes I too expect The Minister would defend the govt stance as it was one of their chief platform promises.
This is CON technique to sway independent senator votes, by making them feel as if they support terrorists by voting against this amendment.

They may be successful to gut the bill by passing it this way. CONs know the game.....Libs and Independents do not.