Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
itsmyid said:
Of course it is intentional. All the information such as police record , tax information , employment record, residential information/utility bills... are all stored in certain data networks that can easily be searched with a few clicks. I wouldn't be surprised it took this long to process if it were 10 years ago when those networks were still not advanced enough or not invented yet, but in year 2017 it still takes more than a 6 months ... that's just ridiculous
When you say, data can easily be searched with a few clicks, you don't know the Canadian systems, I work in govt. and can say that even if some data is available, you cant' access without individual's permission, its law, just being IO doesn't authorize you to access my data.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
omss said:
https://twitter.com/SenJaffer/status/846515498548375554

sen mobina jaffer tweet
Thanks for sharing.

"Tomorrow I will speak to Senator McCoy's amendment to #C6. Hopefully we can resolve this issue this week #senCa"

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
asifmehmood said:
When you say, data can easily be searched with a few clicks, you don't know the Canadian systems, I work in govt. and can say that even if some data is available, you cant' access without individual's permission, its law, just being IO doesn't authorize you to access my data.
And the permission can easily be granted by adding a box on the application form to check , what's the next excuse?

Orire

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2010
Doc's Request.
27-October-2010(Another Doc's Request:24-Feb-2012)
AOR Received.
27-October-2010
IELTS Request
27-October-2010
Med's Request
05-April-2012
Med's Done....
11-April-2012
screech339 said:
You do realize that the 4/6 favours those who travels more than the 3/4 rule. As for language requirements, that makes a lot of sense. Learn the language if you want to be Canadian. Remember the famous line. "When in Rome, do as the Romans do".
It doesn't make sense for someone that comes in through FSW to show proof language while applying for citizenship.

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
hangincanada said:
maybe it is carried tomorrow...after continuously debating in the last two sittings.
Debate was adjourned by libs so it will be started by libs I guess ;) be optimistic ;D life is nice and short 8)

rrajendra

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
MUFC said:
There are at least 3 security and background checks
1. CSIS
2. RCMP
3. International
Usually CIC considers valid a security check if it's done by a request of CIC NO MORE than a year old. Some of the above checks are started at Sydney and they have to be all valid until the Oath.
If any of these check expires due to long processing times that file is stuck until someone renew those checks. The process of someone in CIC to realize and renew those checks often adds few more months on top of the overall delay.
But of course here the majority wants only to apply, they don't care when it will finish at least not for now .
Thanks, I was just wondering whether security check can become invalid between Decision made and oath....

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
_MK_ said:
So you agree that 3/5 rule will not have a very big impact on the processing time in the long run since this bill only changes the number of days you have to be present? All the other rules/processes that sped up the system remains in place.
Yes. The processing time will be "back" to reasonable timeline in the "long" term. As in long after the flood of applications come in after 3/5 rule kick in and after the backlog is cleared. If you guys wanted a longer processing time due to 3/5 rule, have at it, be my guest. However since I wanted 4/6 rule which brought in short processing time, I expect my wife to get this short processing time. I wouldn't want my wife's application to get stuck in the long processing time that 3/5 rule will bring in short term.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
MUFC said:
You are welcome My sense here is that most of the people are thinking in a naive way, expecting only good consequences from that Bill C6, without being aware of the logistical difficulties CIC will encounter once the 3/5 kicks in.

Here most of them care only when they will apply... they don't think when it will finish.
They just want to be together once again in a clogged CIC backlog.

But frankly there is a very good chance that your wife will become Canadian before the effective date of the 3/5 rule.
Call me naive but when is this? I've been lazy about filing but might as well while the times are good.

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
MUFC said:
There are at least 3 security and background checks
1. CSIS
2. RCMP
3. International
Usually CIC considers valid a security check if it's done by a request of CIC NO MORE than a year old. Some of the above checks are started at Sydney and they have to be all valid until the Oath.
If any of these check expires due to long processing times that file is stuck until someone renew those checks. The process of someone in CIC to realize and renew those checks often adds few more months on top of the overall delay.
But of course here the majority wants only to apply, they don't care when it will finish at least not for now .
Just out of curiosity could someone pleases explain what is international check? Csis is probably security risk check, such as international terrorism, crime etc. rcmp is something connected to local crimes or criminal records. So what is international and who carries these checks and how?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Orire said:
It doesn't make sense for someone that comes in through FSW to show proof language while applying for citizenship.
Everyone need to show proof of language for citizenship regardless of how one gotten PR. If CIC makes an exception for one group of people like FSW, everyone else will want the same exceptions.

If you already know English/French well, showing proof of language is an non-issue.

rrajendra

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Orire said:
You are assuming that everyone who came through FSW has adequate language skills. When I applied, you could get PR under FSW, theoretically, without language skills if you score high enough in other categories....

I agree with you in one respect, CIC should not ask FSWs to show proof of language once again if they have submitted it when they got their PR. In my case, I scored well in IELTS, but did not even have a copy of the results. So I had to do LINC get the proof...

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Ulysses said:
That is a strange equation as it doesn't take into account those thousands of residents who have been living in Canada as foreign students or workers, who get 1 year of residency from pre PR days.

For people like them, 3/5 means they can apply 2 years after becoming a PR, so the total time is 2+1 = 3 years assuming 1 year of processing time.

There are people who have lived in this country legally for close to a decade before they became PRs, during which they have paid taxes and contributed otherwise to the nation. Treating them and freshly landed PRs the same way, is a bit unfair.
If you read the entire post, you would know that this was in reply to a different post saying 4/6 is faster.
Secondly international students/temp workers who can get credit are not the majority of the applicants.
Thirdly, in the same post, I say that I am happy that these people are getting credit. I am one of them and this is my 10th year in Canada yet cannot apply for citizenship!

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
omss said:
https://twitter.com/SenJaffer/status/846515498548375554

sen mobina jaffer tweet
Her tweets yesterday:

Sen. Mobina Jaffer‏ @SenJaffer 21h
@mego149 @UshaPerera @adamgiggs @SenElaineMcCoy @ratnaomi @SenHarder first we will be discussing the amendment or amendments #senCA

Sen. Mobina Jaffer‏ @SenJaffer 20h
@mego149 @fakhirj there is no stalling. We are discussing amendments @ratnaomi

Sen. Mobina Jaffer @SenJaffer 20h
@fakhirj @mego149 @ratnaomi #C6 Hopefully by June #senCA

Sen. Mobina Jaffer @SenJaffer 14h
@fakhirj @mego149 @ratnaomi Thank you very much. FIrst let #C6 become law #senCA

Sen. Mobina Jaffer‏ @SenJaffer 14h
Tomorrow I will speak to Senator McCoy's amendment to #C6. Hopefully we can resolve this issue this week #senCa

In addition of my same post in the "Facts Only" thread, I'll add my comment of how I understand this.
She is still hopeful (but uncertain) #C6 could become law by June.
And this week, they'll be trying to resolve the issue of Senator McCoy's amendment (I have no idea what she means by that) and maybe, if they have time, also other amendments.
We're still far away from getting Royal Assent the way I see it.
I still find amazing that the third reading is supposed to last for 3 months.
If someone understands what she said differently, feel free to comment.

Also,
REMINDER:

Follow-up of the Bill C-6: http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Mode=1&billId=8117654&Language=E
Watch the Senate sittings: http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/
Senate of Canada Order of the day: https://sencanada.ca/en/in-the-chamber/order-papers-notice-papers
Senate of Canada calendar: https://sencanada.ca/en/annual-calendars/

Senate of Canada's twitter: https://twitter.com/SenateCA/
Twitter du Sénat du Canada: https://twitter.com/SenatCA/

Other Twitter accounts:
Liberal Senator Mobina Jaffer: @SenJaffer https://twitter.com/senjaffer
Non-affiliated Senator Ratna Omidvar: @ratnaomi https://twitter.com/ratnaomi

List of Senators:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Senators_of_Canada
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_Senators_of_Canada

marcher said:
I see a lot of comments on here might make it difficult for a visitor to find out the latest regarding Bill C-6, so I will just include a summary of where the bill stands now:
• On December 15th, 2016 the Bill passed Second Reading and was referred to committee by Senator Omidvar
• The committee it was referred to is: Social Affairs, Science and Technology
• The committee is composed of the following Senators: 6 Conservatives, 3 Liberals, and 6 non-affiliated
• The following 2 non-affiliated Senators were appointed during Harper’s term: Jacques Demers and Don Meredith
• There are 15 votes, therefore a minimum of 8 votes are required to pass Bill C-6 through the Committee
• If all Cons vote No, and Libs vote Yes, then at least 5 out of 6 non-affiliated have to vote Yes
• One of the most possible scenarios is that the Committee will introduce amendments to the bill and send it back to House of Commons for approval. The bill can then go straight to Third Reading and Royal Assent.

Regarding the time frame; anything provided here by me or any other contributor is pure speculation, please do not take it as facts and start planning accordingly.
• The next Senate sitting is on Tuesday 31st, January.
• There is a big chance the Committee will meet the same week.
• It may take a couple of committee meetings to complete the amendments
• If no amendments are included, and there is a majority vote (highly unlikely), then the Bill could go to Third Reading after one Committee meeting
• The big question is when will the bill become law? My personal guess is it will get amended and go through the necessary route. It will not be delayed the same way it was before because the amendments will try to reach some level of compromise to keep the Cons happy. So I would say probably beginning of March would be a reasonable date for Third Reading.
Marcher, if you ever have time to give an update to this, personally, I would love it :)

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Keep Dreaming guys..... nor facts neither imagination will bring bill c 6 to life
Only voting!
Stop writing 10 pages news paper its chat room not thesis!!!!!!!!