01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
RajGill said:
Hi All -

We are waiting for C-6 to become law:
Since I missed following the bill progress and would appreciate some one feedback on 2 things
1. What is amendment in discussion for Pre-PR credit time ? As what i am aware of max. 1 year credit.

2. As i am aware how they count 3 years in past 5 years to be eligible for citizenship application. To count 1 year from Pre-PR stay how back years we could go or it has to be in bracket of past 5 years as i came to Canada as student in 2009.

Hopefully this become law this summer.
1. The amendment is to add Judicial hearing and such for citizenship revocation cases.

2. Your pre PR credit has to be within the last 5 years from the date of your application. That is 2 years after PR and at least 2 years in the preceding 3 years before PR to get full 1 year credit.

CanadianC

Mar 15, 2017
_MK_ said:
1. The amendment is to add Judicial hearing and such for citizenship revocation cases.

2. Your pre PR credit has to be within the last 5 years from the date of your application. That is 2 years after PR and at least 2 years in the preceding 3 years before PR to get full 1 year credit.
Are you sure that pre-PR years are only counted for the last 5 years? .. The following is from C6.

"
(a) for every day during which the person was physically present in Canada as a temporary resident or protected person under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act before becoming a permanent resident, the person accumulates half of a day of physical presence, up to a maximum of 365 days"

Imadassadi

Mar 13, 2017
Yes counted for 2 years only and considered as one year, then you returned back as refugee again if your PR processing time delay and any further days don't count anymore even if you still reside in Canada !!!!!!!!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
CanadianC said:
Are you sure that pre-PR years are only counted for the last 5 years? .. The following is from C6.

"
(a) for every day during which the person was physically present in Canada as a temporary resident or protected person under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act before becoming a permanent resident, the person accumulates half of a day of physical presence, up to a maximum of 365 days"
I am sure if you read a few more - not just a)- then you will find the answer

RajGill

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
So, it means as the bill C-6 gets delayed, you would eventually loose your pre- PR credit time. As i was thinking that i could count my pre-PR one year from 2012 but still needs to complete 61 days post PR 2 years.

But, if pre-PR time needs to be in past 5yrs from the date you made application then i would loose 2012 from count year if I submit my application in 2018.

Comments and feedback is appreciated

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
CanadianC said:

"
whats s the meaning of up to maximum 1 year?
it s mean even if you live temperory in canada for five years how many years they will count ?
only they count one year or 2 and half?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
artin2015 said:
whats s the meaning of up to maximum 1 year?
it s mean even if you live temperory in canada for five years how many years they will count ?
only they count one year or 2 and half?

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
h3a3j6 said:
Just built a "test" topic and tried it. Here's what you need to do:

Go back to your first post in THIS thread and MODIFY the topic (You'll see the icon in the top-right section).
That should change the main title! Very easy.
I think that is only possible for a short period of time after any new post, perhaps 30 minutes or so.

ibad17

Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there any update on C-6?

:D
itsmyid said:
I am sure in less than 48 hours someone will post the question 'is there any update on C-6?' again

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
AliceL said:
Exactly! As an international student, I paid 35 000$ for a 2-year degree! That's a pretty important sum of money that I brought to a Canadian university. I was also working while studying and I was paying taxes. Afterwards, I worked for one year and a half as a temporary worker while waiting for my PR and I paid a lot of taxes! All of this while having access to NONE of the benefits that PRs and citizens have access to. So, I'm sorry, but yes we are entitled to pre-PR credit! It is our right and it's owed to us. And yes I do believe that we contribute more than someone who comes here as PR, enrolls in a university, gets government loans and scholarships to study while waiting for their citizenship and once they get it they leave Canada. These are the Canadians of Convenience that led to the introduction of the controversial 4/6 and intent to reside rules through Bill C24 (which I'm of course against). I'm sorry to say that I know a lot of people who do this and intend to do it.
I understand your point. Maybe the tone of your post trigger some people argue against some of your point. As long as you are eligible to get PR, they should count all of your temporary residents days toward citizenship. Particularly, I support your argument because u got Canadian education which opens more door for your employment compared to third world country people who has unknown university degrees with local experience. Again, I am not underestimating anyone because I'm also from the third world country. However, fact is the fact regardless of what we think. So, qualified and employable people should be treated nicely and fairly. Also, if someone wants to leave Canada after receiving thier CITIZENSHIP, it's their choice. Maybe they want just want to be a tax paying resident. Also, being an activist is not a sin because they may protest for some social cause. Thus, we should not judge them, but you can insist your point without judging others. I strongly support your point for pre-PR days.

P.S I am not an international student of Canada

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
ok thanks for your replies so still better then nothing if they count one year on my 5 years .so i have to wait 2 more years

RajGill

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
So, it means even I apply my application in 2019 after completing my 2 years post -PR. I could still count 1 yr from 2012 as pre-credit and it stays stationary.

This is big relief, last but not least I read on some posts for amendment of pre-PR credit time to increase from 2 or 3 years is it correct?

Good Luck everyone for C-6 as its in Third reading so should not take long.

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
RajGill said:
So, it means even I apply my application in 2019 after completing my 2 years post -PR. I could still count 1 yr from 2012 as pre-credit and it stays stationary.

This is big relief, last but not least I read on some posts for amendment of pre-PR credit time to increase from 2 or 3 years is it correct?

Good Luck everyone for C-6 as its in Third reading so should not take long.
If you applied in 2019, the previous five years will count and 2012 will fall out of this range, there is no pre-PR credit increase proposed in amendments.
I hope this clarify.