+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

LinusNY

Mar 4, 2017
Im confused now,

So the bill passed second reading, and we are waiting for third reading this Tuesday?
and during the third reading an amendment will be proposed? if this is rejected it goes back to second reading? and if it passes then it goes to HoC for royal assent?

How long would this take? as the bill was expected to be implemented back in 2016?

And after Royal assent there will be a date of implementation, which could be a year after the royal assent?

Am I getting this all right?

Thanks

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
tyl92 said:
no she just got it wrong with the numbers since on one of her posts she said the committee is done with the bill and is back to the chamber and c16 is not even dealt with at the committee yet
100 percent

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
LinusNY said:
Im confused now,

So the bill passed second reading, and we are waiting for third reading this Tuesday?
and during the third reading an amendment will be proposed? if this is rejected it goes back to second reading? and if it passes then it goes to HoC for royal assent?

How long would this take? as the bill was expected to be implemented back in 2016?

And after Royal assent there will be a date of implementation, which could be a year after the royal assent?

Am I getting this all right?

Thanks
We are all waiting for bill c-6

omss

Dec 7, 2016
“I feel compelled to bring this amendment because citizenship is a foundation of all other rights in this country,” said Sen. Omidvar. She noted that although she hopes her Senate colleagues and the government will accept the amendment, she’s not ruling out the idea of introducing her own bill to address the concern if it’s not accepted. However, she added that passing it as an element of government legislation “is a far better way to go.”

http://www.hilltimes.com/2017/03/02/amending-govt-citizenship-bill-necessary-says-senate-sponsor-bill-c-6-omidvar/98340

omivdar gonna try to introduce the amendment in third reading if she can t she gonna introduce her own bill

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
This bill will not pass...I said it months ago....The rejection of this bill, will give the conservatives millions of new votes in the next election. If you live in Canada, you would know how the Canadians hate Justin because of the huge numbers of refugees ... This is my opinion. Whether you like it or not.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Whocares said:
This bill will not pass...I said it months ago....The rejection of this bill, will give the conservatives millions of new votes in the next election. If you live in Canada, you would know how the Canadians hate Justin because of the huge numbers of refugees ... This is my opinion. Whether you like it or not.
Have you been following this bill at all ? It made it through the senate, only 3rd reading is left. Can you provide any facts/proofs/sources behind your "This bill will not pass" future certainty besides your personal opinion ?

Curious what you're doing on this thread if you don't care for this bill ? Just bored or trolling ?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Whocares said:
if you live in the prairies provinces then you are ideas are 100% true as most of them are very angry in JT becoz of the refugee thing and they are putting their blame on him for losing the jobs after the oil sector crashed . But the majority of the big provinces like bc , on and quebec dont care or even support welcoming refugees ! And even the torusim and manafacturing sector in those is much better than it was 2 years ago , so the only millions of votes the cons will gain are in alberta and the prairies .

Richard11

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whocares said:
how many numbers of refugees JT brought to Canada you said Huge!? please i want to Mr Whocares answer my question only because he looks like very intelligent

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to the supporters of the Conservatives, they keep on doing the best they can to keep C24 effective as long as possible.

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whocares said:
I really wish to see the reaction on your face when the bill pass ;D

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Whocares said:
looks like you just woke up and C6.....................

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
sistemc said:
IMHO, all conditions are set up for this bill to get the royal assent next week.
Oh god man! I hope so! Fingers crossed!

cooldoc80 said:
if you live in the prairies provinces then you are ideas are 100% true as most of them are very angry in JT becoz of the refugee thing and they are putting their blame on him for losing the jobs after the oil sector crashed . But the majority of the big provinces like bc , on and quebec dont care or even support welcoming refugees ! And even the torusim and manafacturing sector in those is much better than it was 2 years ago , so the only millions of votes the cons will gain are in alberta and the prairies .
"Quebec supports welcoming refugees" hahahahahaha. Nice joke!
You obviously don't live here.
Most people here are for pro-franco-skilled workers, yes. But against refugees.