+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
davidT321 said:
Hello all :D

What are the odds this bill C-6 (3 years rule) to become law before october 2018 ?

50%,80% ,90% ,99% ? approximately .I need your opinion.Thanks
It will become a law much sooner than this, all the indications after the 2 past committee sessions, hopefully this year, but then the new question will be when it will become in effect ?

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
davidT321 said:

What are the odds this bill C-6 (3 years rule) to become law before october 2018 ?

50% it will be law
10% it will be implemented(3/5 yr part)

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
davidT321 said:

99% before Oct 18

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
AmirATM said:
I wish every one has your thinking, this is the reasonable attitude, the people ho are getting citizenship and not live in Canada are minority however, some Cons disagree with you, they still think it is abuse of the system and they have to stop those second class Canadians abusing the system..well make it harder for them to get citizenship, no one is stopping you. But as i said, even the people who want to make Canada home wouldn't make it home if they have to wait 10 years. I am quite sure about that, they will go to Australia or New zealand instead .

oh you think its going to be fine if they make it 10 years , we both guessing but first let the government stop the pr campaign to bring people to Canada to start with ...too tempting ... second class immigrants are a big money for Canada.. You can't have your cake and eat it .
Exactly,

justinline

May 19, 2009
Any talks of amendments in the committee meetings. If I remember correctly there was talk of few amendments will be introduced in the third reading.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
AmirATM said:
I wish every one has your thinking, this is the reasonable attitude, the people ho are getting citizenship and not live in Canada are minority however, some Cons disagree with you, they still think it is abuse of the system and they have to stop those second class Canadians abusing the system..well make it harder for them to get citizenship, no one is stopping you. But as i said, even the people who want to make Canada home wouldn't make it home if they have to wait 10 years. I am quite sure about that, they will go to Australia or New zealand instead .

oh you think its going to be fine if they make it 10 years , we both guessing but first let the government stop the pr campaign to bring people to Canada to start with ...too tempting ... second class immigrants are a big money for Canada.. You can't have your cake and eat it .
I think you are confusing a few different points. Who exactly are you terming "second class Canadians"? Immigrants certainly aren't "second class" citizens, and enjoy EXACTLY the same rights and privileges as any native born Canadian.

Secondly, the Cons did exactly what you suggested and raised the citizenship bar. And that's why this very thread was created, remember?

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
torontosm said:
I think you are confusing a few different points. Who exactly are you terming "second class Canadians"? Immigrants certainly aren't "second class" citizens, and enjoy EXACTLY the same rights and privileges as any native born Canadian.

Secondly, the Cons did exactly what you suggested and raised the citizenship bar. And that's why this very thread was created, remember?
Yes all immigrants became second class citizens, even who are born in Canada are second class since by birth they automatically obtain their parent's first citizenship

torontosm stop arguing and answer my question (nothing personal)
Last attack on mosque in Quebec city, the attacker "alexandre" will he loose his citizenship and deported?
While if your son who is born in canada and has no other citizenship will be deported

Now do you feel that you are second class citizen?

That's what the lawyer mentioned during committee meeting

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
torontosm said:

The confusion might be in your head. Ok! So when a new immigrant has to tick a box when he applies for citizenship that he has the intent to reside in Canada and there is a chance under the current law that if he leaves right after he gets his passport he might have his citizenship revoked , how? With a letter sent by mail. As simple as it sounds. A born Canadian can leave the country and never come back and he will not be subjected to any citizenship revocation. This doesn’t look to you like creating second class citizens?
When a lawyer “an Elite” says: we don’t accept Chinese and Arab people to come here, get the citizenship and go back to honk Kong and gulf countries and make a lot of money, send their kids for universities here and considers this an abuse of the system . As you know a born Canadian can go and work in gulf countries but he is certainly not targeted by the message above. . This doesn’t look to you like creating second class citizens?
What cons did to immigrants is more of a cheap shot, my opinion if they want to make it harder, there is always a way to have a thorough system without creating second class citizens. How? It’s up to the government to figure it out. Certainly adding on year and making it easy to revoke citizenship and try to control the freedom of people is nothing but creating two classes of people.
Another point, if you mean by immigrants have the same right as Canadian citizens because they can work, and ride the metro and send their kids to school, then you probably very limited and you might not have the capacity to analyze these kind of issues. The rights that immigrants have are earned, thanks to their dedication and hard working and the taxes they are paying. They shouldn’t be waiting for someone to tell them they have the same right.

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
monalisa said:
Yes all immigrants became second class citizens, even who are born in Canada are second class since by birth they automatically obtain their parent's first citizenship

torontosm stop arguing and answer my question (nothing personal)
Last attack on mosque in Quebec city, the attacker "alexandre" will he loose his citizenship and deported?
While if your son who is born in canada and has no other citizenship will be deported

Now do you feel that you are second class citizen?

That's what the lawyer mentioned during committee meeting
You are right by saying even some people who are born here. so I think is pure racism regardless of what the intention of the cons is.

Mwpirate

Feb 19, 2017
AmirATM said:
The confusion might be in your head. Ok! So when a new immigrant has to tick a box when he applies for citizenship that he has the intent to reside in Canada and there is a chance under the current law that if he leaves right after he gets his passport he might have his citizenship revoked , how? With a letter sent by mail. As simple as it sounds. A born Canadian can leave the country and never come back and he will not be subjected to any citizenship revocation. This doesn’t look to you like creating second class citizens?
When a lawyer “an Elite” says: we don’t accept Chinese and Arab people to come here, get the citizenship and go back to honk Kong and gulf countries and make a lot of money, send their kids for universities here and considers this an abuse of the system . As you know a born Canadian can go and work in gulf countries but he is certainly not targeted by the message above. . This doesn’t look to you like creating second class citizens?
What cons did to immigrants is more of a cheap shot, my opinion if they want to make it harder, there is always a way to have a thorough system without creating second class citizens. How? It’s up to the government to figure it out. Certainly adding on year and making it easy to revoke citizenship and try to control the freedom of people is nothing but creating two classes of people.
Another point, if you mean by immigrants have the same right as Canadian citizens because they can work, and ride the metro and send their kids to school, then you probably very limited and you might not have the capacity to analyze these kind of issues. The rights that immigrants have are earned, thanks to their dedication and hard working and the taxes they are paying. They shouldn’t be waiting for someone to tell them they have the same right.
Amen to that...

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
This thread has been going on for so long - it always starts with Bill 6 then always gets diverted to whether it is Ok to live outside Canada or will those people take precious Canadian resources without paying into the system ... let's just say, why don't we just stop this and leave this thread to what it was meant for: updates on this bill. Apparently nobody is going to convince anyone, why don't we just save each other some energy doing something else that matters . I am sure both sides have their merits and there is no simple right and wrong in anybody's argument , just like all the Trump supporters who believe globalization is making their lives worse and immigrants are depleting the country's resources - maybe there is some truth to it too, but how true it is and whether it warrants any of those executive orders, well that's once again up for endless debates just like this one and won't see any agreement in our life time

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
itsmyid said:
This thread has been going on for so long - it always starts with Bill 6 then always gets diverted to whether it is Ok to live outside Canada or will those people take precious Canadian resources without paying into the system ... let's just say, why don't we just stop this and leave this thread to what it was meant for: updates on this bill. Apparently nobody is going to convince anyone, why don't we just save each other some energy doing something else that matters . I am sure both sides have their merits and there is no simple right and wrong in anybody's argument , just like all the Trump supporters who believe globalization is making their lives worse and immigrants are depleting the country's resources - maybe there is some truth to it too, but how true it is and whether it warrants any of those executive orders, well that's once again up for endless debates just like this one and won't see any agreement in our life time
Wow thanks for figuring this out - Yes we will leave the tread now and apologize to you ! are you cons or something? yet another act to control people's thinking for stupid reasons.
No the tread is not for updates on C6 only, you think everyone here wont be able to see the update on the senate website? its like any social media platform. No one is trying to convince anyone, we are sharing ideas respectfully - so if you dont like it create another tread or dont come here.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
AmirATM said:
Wow thanks for figuring this out - Yes we will leave the tread now and apologize to you ! are you cons or something? yet another act to control people's thinking for stupid reasons.
No the tread is not for updates on C6 only, you think everyone here wont be able to see the update on the senate website? its like any social media platform. No one is trying to convince anyone, we are sharing ideas respectfully - so if you dont like it create another tread or dont come here.
Look this is that person who could not read and was spreading false info about residency requirement for PR status - and once again you showed you couldn't read , look at the title of this thread: it reads "Bill 6 senate stage"- and I have no idea how in the world you can get a conclusion that I was trying to "control people's thinking'... no wonder you couldn't figure out the residency requirement for PR by reading what's on COC website

And if your reading ability improves you can probably also read the first post of this thread - feel free to ask for help if it is too hard for you

« on: November 17, 2016, 10:22:10 am »

In an attempt to not overload other threads with irrelevant discussions, I am creating this thread to solely focus on Bill C-6 progress within the Senate. I will start by stating that there is a Senate sitting today (November 17th) from 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM EST.

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
itsmyid said:
Look this is that person who could not read and was spreading false info about residency requirement for PR status - and once again you showed you couldn't read , look at the title of this thread: it reads "Bill 6 senate stage"- and I have no idea how in the world you can get a conclusion that I was trying to "control people's thinking'... no wonder you couldn't figure out the residency requirement for PR by reading what's on COC website

And if your reading ability improves you can probably also read the first post of this thread - feel free to ask for help if it is too hard for you

« on: November 17, 2016, 10:22:10 am »

In an attempt to not overload other threads with irrelevant discussions, I am creating this thread to solely focus on Bill C-6 progress within the Senate. I will start by stating that there is a Senate sitting today (November 17th) from 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM EST.
Yes it is the person who could not read and he spreads false information (according to you).
I see its a bit complicated for you to read and understand meanings at the same time , its fine don't overthink it, don't hurt yourself. I am happy i am not your kind .