+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
itsmyid said:
with this pace of development, I feel pretty indifferent about when it will pass/whether it will pass, since I will be qualified in less than a year and there's little to no hope this thing will pass/implement within a year
there's a lot a people that feels the same especially the ones that qualify in 2017 , including myself .. it is good to follow it up once and then though , but any hope for the 3/5 rule to kick in soon is almost impossible.
When will you qualify ?

Mehdi_svm

Jul 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TheAwesomeMatt said:
I think maybe the senators would say "perhaps you should have emigrated to that other high earning country?", which I think would be quite a fair point
That would be a fair response if we were told at the time of landing/applying. When I landed as an immigrant, the officer said you need to stay in Canada for 3 years to be eligible for citizenship and the days that I have been here before PR will be counted as half a day. Based on that, I would be eligible last summer and now I'll eligible in summer 2018!

I think it is FAIR to be disappointed about it.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
tyl92 said:
there's a lot a people that feels the same especially the ones that qualify in 2017 , including myself .. it is good to follow it up once and then though , but any hope for the 3/5 rule to kick in soon is almost impossible.
When will you qualify ?
I landed around the end of Nov, but with all the trips I took it will probably be sometime next Jan or Feb.
The best scenario for me would be pre-PR credit before fully implement the 3/5 rule - which would be good for the CIC office too, so there wouldn't be as big a flood as implementing both pre-PR credit and 3/5 rule ... but like I said, I am pretty indifferent now, since there's a good chance the outcome wouldn't affect me either way

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
tyl92 said:
hi guys ,
as predicted they will meet again in march for c6 in committee , got this info through sen omidvar's twitter account (https://twitter.com/ratnaomi/status/832421153536892928). Maybe this can help..
Official scheduling has not been posted yet though.
She thinks third reading might happen in March! Fingers crossed!

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
itsmyid said:
I landed around the end of Nov, but with all the trips I took it will probably be sometime next Jan or Feb.
The best scenario for me would be pre-PR credit before fully implement the 3/5 rule - which would be good for the CIC office too, so there wouldn't be as big a flood as implementing both pre-PR credit and 3/5 rule ... but like I said, I am pretty indifferent now, since there's a good chance the outcome wouldn't affect me either way
I feel you ...same story here .. if the pre pr was valid i would have been eligible since last year ( under 4/6 still ) and now it's in July 2017 without pre-pr . Having the pre-pr credit will just allow me to apply right now . Other than that , still have a couple of months to go.

MarceauBletard said:
She thinks third reading might happen in March! Fingers crossed!
We all hope for the best . 8) .

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
quasar81 said:
What are the guys doing between now and March. Another break before march break?
I had replied something funny to you but it got removed.
Someone here lacks a sense of humour...

Ulysses

Aug 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TheAwesomeMatt said:
I think maybe the senators would say "perhaps you should have emigrated to that other high earning country?", which I think would be quite a fair point
As a matter of fact, many of them do. Loads of people who obtain PhDs and research based Masters degrees in Canada don't stay on, because of lack of opportunities. And it's not just about salary, it's the quality of work. If Canada wants to foster an environment of research and innovation they need to provide extra incentives to these people.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ulysses said:
As a matter of fact, many of them do. Loads of people who obtain PhDs and research based Masters degrees in Canada don't stay on, because of lack of opportunities. And it's not just about salary, it's the quality of work. If Canada wants to foster an environment of research and innovation they need to provide extra incentives to these people.
Incentives, yes. Citizenship - no. PR provides everything that's needed to make Canada a home. A 3 or 4 year wait for citizenship is not unreasonable.

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
jsm0085 said:
Incentives, yes. Citizenship - no. PR provides everything that's needed to make Canada a home. A 3 or 4 year wait for citizenship is not unreasonable.
You are perfectly right. Canada has the shortest wait times compared to any other immigration heavy country. In Switzerland one has to wait 12 years, in France at least 6 and in the US no less than 5 years (at least 180 days in country per year), the Netherlands will rarely guve the citizenship and you have to wait at least 10 years. In all those countries you have to be fluent in the official language without compromise regardless of your age.
I think with the 4 years wait time here in Canada, we are one of the most relaxed countries and it sure needs to be increased to much more to make sure that new immigrants are not here to take advantage of the system. None of us who wish to work and luve here shoukd be paying taxes so others can go and work in other countries and ask for Canada to help them when they need it

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
Saga said:
You are perfectly right. Canada has the shortest wait times compared to any other immigration heavy country. In Switzerland one has to wait 12 years, in France at least 6 and in the US no less than 5 years (at least 180 days in country per year), the Netherlands will rarely guve the citizenship and you have to wait at least 10 years. In all those countries you have to be fluent in the official language without compromise regardless of your age.
I think with the 4 years wait time here in Canada, we are one of the most relaxed countries and it sure needs to be increased to much more to make sure that new immigrants are not here to take advantage of the system. None of us who wish to work and luve here shoukd be paying taxes so others can go and work in other countries and ask for Canada to help them when they need it
No my friend, I disagree
USA 30 months physical but you apply after 5 years but you should visit usa once every 6 months for the second 30 months.

You cant compare canada to any european country, I come from Scotland.
You cant compare canada to Swiss to France or to UK .......Canada can be compared to Siberia

France population 70+ million and smaller than Quebec

I am sure you misunderstood me, I will explain to you
Canada area is bigger than Europe and population 33 million