+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Richard11

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omss said:
http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1016508/chute-des-demandes-de-citoyennete-au-canada
I dont know why fee became a big issue, these people came here doing nothing and live on welfare, go back to your country if you don't or can't pay for your Canadian citizenship,this kind of news make me crazy and other hand make me very very happy because less application more faster .

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
Does it mean prior to your citizenship application, during any rolling 5 years, you have to be physically present in Canada minimum 183 days every year but cumulative physical stay must not be less than 3 years when Bill C-6 will come into force as new law?

@ Hasan

No, Bill C-6 will remove that requirement of staying 183 days per year.

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Richard11 said:
I dont know why fee became a big issue, these people came here doing nothing and live on welfare, go back to your country if you don't or can't pay for your Canadian citizenship,this kind of news make me crazy and other hand make me very very happy because less application more faster .
This post makes no sense unless you want to create a system which advantages individuals who are on higher wages - this is not a value that Canada is founded on. Perhaps you should consider "going back" based on this logic?

Anyway, many immigrants are from low-income backgrounds, they work hard, pay taxes and have established residence - if they are eligible and would make good citizens, then there is no logic to create unnecessary barriers - especially if immigration is not catching up with the birth rate.

liveIsHop

Sep 23, 2016
Richard11 said:
wow... what a selfish genetic nature you have... I dont' want to say I'd like to see how do you feel when you get in their situation who knows what could happen tomorrow. Even old generations of Canadian do not say or think to say this, you say this and yet you dont have the passport what you will say then if you got it !!!!
Please don't put your garbage here, keep it in your hart.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
liveIsHop said:
wow... what a selfish genetic nature you have... I dont' want to say I'd like to see how do you feel when you get in their situation who knows what could happen tomorrow. Even old generations of Canadian do not say or think to say this, you say this and yet you dont have the passport what you will say then if you got it !!!!
Please don't put your garbage here, keep it in your hart.
unfortunately many Canadian do say things like this, just read the comments under this article
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-citizenship-applications-decrease-1.3976140

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Richard11 said:
Richard, I like you everyday a little bit more, you couldn't be more right!
If these people are not interested in paying $650 (+/- a month's rent for a small appartment), then they don't care and people who REALLY care like us will have our citizenship faster.
I hope they maintain the fee or even make it more expensive.
PS: And before people start saying that I'm saying that because I'm rich, well I'm not. On the contrary, I only make $14/hr (close to minimum wage) and I'm quite poor but I save money for the things that important. Also, there are 2 people that I know that haven't asked for their citizenship and have been eligible for 5 years. Instead, they go on vacation to Cuba, buy expensive stuff, etc... #NoComment And me? Well I eat pasta, I don't go on vacation, I don't buy anything for leisure, but yes, I saved $650. One of them even lectured me and told me "you should go on vacation instead instead". Hum, no. #Priorities

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TBH fees is still very very very reasonable. For heaven sake, you are getting citizenship of a country !
I am happy to pay a premium for expedited processing.

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
ahasan said:
Does it mean prior to your citizenship application, during any rolling 5 years, you have to be physically present in Canada minimum 183 days every year but cumulative physical stay must not be less than 3 years when Bill C-6 will come into force as new law?

@ Hasan

No, Bill C-6 will remove that requirement of staying 183 days per year.
Hello ahasan,

Thanks for your answer. Yes they are trying to waive that condition.

Do you think a PR even if doesn't physically live in Canada for 2 years in a rolling five years but live at least 3 years, still can apply for citizenship (I mean under new proposed law) ?

Hasan

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
Hello ahasan,

Do you think a PR even if doesn't physically live in Canada for 2 years in a rolling five years but live at least 3 years, still can apply for citizenship?

@ Hasan

If C-6 passed and came into effect it will be possible, as you need only 1095 days within 5 years before your application.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
ahasan said:
Hello ahasan,

Do you think a PR even if doesn't physically live in Canada for 2 years in a rolling five years but live at least 3 years, still can apply for citizenship?

@ Hasan

If C-6 passed and came into effect it will be possible, as you need only 1095 days within 5 years before your application.
Thank you Ahasan. +1 for the feedback!

But it is my apprehension that if someone is away from Canada for that long i.e. 2 years out of 5 years, that may more likely call for a comprehensive assessment on residency calculations leading to long waiting time for a possible interview with citizenship Judge!

Hasan

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
Yes, there could be a chance of review while processing your case. They might ask questions about your long outside stay. You need to submit all of your travel details and other requirements like tax returns, police clearance. If you are not staying in Canada but you have to pay your taxes.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
ahasan said:
Yes, there could be a chance of review while processing your case. They might ask questions about your long outside stay. You need to submit all of your travel details and other requirements like tax returns, police clearance. If you are not staying in Canada but you have to pay your taxes.
Also the main issue I believe will stem from the fact that you won't be able to submit tax returns for the minimum number of years that is mandatory to substantiate citizenship application!

So the bottom line is if any PR wants to become citizen, he or she should physically stay all those years as required by law and comply meticulously in terms of all required documentations.

Thanks Ahasan!

Hasan