+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
HSD said:
Whom did she replace ?
have no clue precisely , didn't know all the members , by clicking on the link provided by one of the members , was able to see that she is now part of it .

wamapr

Dec 2, 2016
I already told pessimists to please refrain.....I am just looking for expert views, plain views, no rosy pictures, no nagging on what hasn't happened since last year and of course no precise date predictions...that's an act of fortune telling.... :)

HSD

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
wamapr said:
I already told pessimists to please refrain.....I am just looking for expert views, plain views, no rosy pictures, no nagging on what hasn't happened since last year and of course no precise date predictions...that's an act of fortune telling.... :)
There are no expert views ,plan views or rosy picture.As mentioned by a fellow member bill c4 was passed in the committee in just 3 sittings.If that is the case then bill c6 should also pass 3,4 sittings which all can take place this month or next month.But c4 was a different bill and a different committee.
If senator Omidvar(who is now on the committee) purposes some amendments or Cons try to delay the bill somehow or all independents are not in favor of passing the bill as-is , it might take a little to lot longer.(You can consider my last two lines pessimistic but I am stating quite a few possible scenarios).

wamapr

Dec 2, 2016
HSD said:
There are no expert views ,plan views or rosy picture.As mentioned by a fellow member bill c4 was passed in the committee in just 3 sittings.If that is the case then bill c6 should also pass 3,4 sittings which all can take place this month or next month.But c4 was a different bill and a different committee.
If senator Omidvar(who is now on the committee) purposes some amendments or Cons try to delay the bill somehow or all independents are not in favor of passing the bill as-is , it might take a little to lot longer.(You can consider my last two lines pessimistic but I am stating quite a few possible scenarios).
This is a fair comment, let's hope for better...

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
Even Peter Harder said that he hopes that Sen Omidvar present an amendment that would allow those who are deemed to have misrepresented themselves to appeal the decision at a hearing before their citizenship is revoked.If she goes through with that , we can expect longer delays .
In my opinion , after the first 2 committee hearings we will have more infos as to the trend and what are their positions . Third reading would likely occur in March.

C2 was adopted without amendment even though an amendment was presented during committee sessions . Best way is to sit and watch the show.

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
Senator Omidvar is in committee, Hopefully we will have twitter status update after meetings are done from her.

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
HSD said:
Actually most of cons in the committee were replaced , it could be planned.

Only one clause might be amended then it will go to HOC and back to third reading it will take couple of weeks, that's worst scenario

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
I'd like to point out something as well , they will most likely meet again beginning of march for another committee hearing , since all bills have to read article by article which has not been set yet on any meeting for C6 then it tends to show that there will be another meeting .
In march there are 2 weeks off as well as next week. In april 2 weeks off again. If it goes to the HoC again , it'll take way way longer :-X

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MWM said:
So , what did you choose ???? waiting C 6 or apply now ????

Actually you are in the same boat like my wife , her parents are old sick , and she is very attached to them & always worried about them . she lives here , been eligible to apply since 5 months now , and she wants to continue living here , but she cant imagine the idea that under any hard circumstances with her parents outside Canada she cannot go and at least see them or stay with them at least a month or so in a year because she don't want the intention to reside clause to affect her .

She cannot imagine that if she received a call saying her mom or her dad in hospital she cannot go immediately because of intention to reside clause ,

for any reason your process time can goes for years instead of months . I think the intention to reside clause is not too clear about this point .

My question is to any advisor can help !!!

can she travel during the process or no and if yes how long she can stay outside can she go for 1 month vacation in the summer ??? can she go for emergency situations or no ? or better to wait Bill c 6

In the same time , I'm sure also that your friend been refused or rejected for totally different reason ?

Thanks

MWM...I'm visiting my parents next week and once I return (end of Feb) I'll see. Under current laws, I cannot apply then travel (looks suspicious). Once I return, If c-6 is still not moving fast enough, I'll apply under Harper's law with the hope that by the time processing starts etc c-6 should be passed anyways.

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
EddyIT said:
MWM...I'm visiting my parents next week and once I return (end of Feb) I'll see. Under current laws, I cannot apply then travel (looks suspicious). Once I return, If c-6 is still not moving fast enough, I'll apply under Harper's law with the hope that by the time processing starts etc c-6 should be passed anyways.
doesn't matter if it passed during your application process , because I think you are committed to what you singed and you signed the intention clause , so if c 6 pass it will not affect if you are in in process you still be treated as if you are on c 24 , pls pls pls tell me iam wrong .

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MWM said:
doesn't matter if it passed during your application process , because I think you are committed to what you singed and you signed the intention clause , so if c 6 pass it will not affect if you are in in process you still be treated as if you are on c 24 , pls pls pls tell me iam wrong .
You are wrong ;D.

Once the bill passes with intent to reside clause removed then it is retroactive. It will be like the intent to reside clause never existed.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Holy cow!!! That's it lads!!! This SHOULD, if all goes well, be the last stretch!!!
How's the Committee composition looking do you think?
And do you think they will vote around the 16th?

Fingers crossed!

References:
https://sencanada.ca/en/Committees/SOCI
https://sencanada.ca/en/Committees/SOCI/MeetingSchedule/42-1
https://sencanada.ca/en/Committees/SOCI/NoticeOfMeeting/445732/42-1
https://sencanada.ca/en/Committees/SOCI/NoticeOfMeeting/445734/42-1

kkhan870 said:
dhr will introduce the amendment and the bill will be delayed
kkhan870 said:
Bad news, she will introduce the amendment and will delay of passing the bill
What makes you say that? Care to develop?