+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
globalstar66 said:
This Lib govt was quick to criticize the previous Con govt on just about everything, and they made so many promises - just to fail miserably at all of them. All they've been able to do, is spend tax payers money at an alarming rate, and creating not a single job in the process. And they have revoked as many people's citizenship in the 10 months since coming into power, than the 27 YEARS prior to them getting to power in 2015. So much for hating the Cons bill of revoking citizenship. Just search for "Trudeau government revoking citizenship at much higher rate than Conservatives"

This govt cares a LOT more about people outside of Canada, than they do about people IN Canada.
I understand your frustration, but laying accusations like that after a year of government is unfair and, with all due respect, irresponsible.
Please take into account the following nuancing facts :

- They still have 3 years to fullfill their promises
- They have no partisan control over the Senate
- They campaigned on the very fact of spending taxpayers money to generate growth, and that doesn't measure after a year
- You can't measure job creation while no major bill has passed yet (by the way you need to spend taxpayers money to directly create jobs when you are the government), don't also forget that the Oil price crisis erased a lot of jobs too
- They are not the ones who promised to revoke 3000+ fraudulent citizenships. But still, they carried the promise, because last time I checked, revoking what's fraudulent was the right thing to do

Relax and give them a chance, Real Change doesn't come instantly ...

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Trudeau may change law to protect Monsef

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/10/05/trudeau-may-change-law-to-protect-monsef

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
Already discussed about it a few posts back .
Please guys , search read and analyze info before reposting the same questions , articles and analysis . A lot of questions are being repeated , please read the posts and you'll have the info .
And if the session hasn't started , there's no way for us to know what happened

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
C-6 skipped today

Richard11

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lets guys just focus on bill c-6 contact your local MPs and senators they know better answer for you then our comments here so please keep sending them emails ,,,thanks

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Tuesday December 6th. Could this be THE DAY Senator Frum steps out of the 'useless team' and puts in some small tiny mini microscropic little minute minimal effort of justifying why she gets paid? You have a chance of finding out, today starting at 2 pm live from the Senate. The link to follow is:

http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20161206/-1/6404

DO NOT MISS IT!!!

Or probably just don't bother; but we just need to stay positive I suppose. :)

Bill C-6 is No. 5 on the Second Reading list.

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
marcher said:
Tuesday December 6th. Could this be THE DAY Senator Frum steps out of the 'useless team' and puts in some small tiny mini microscropic little minute minimal effort of justifying why she gets paid? You have a chance of finding out, today starting at 2 pm live from the Senate. The link to follow is:

http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20161206/-1/6404

DO NOT MISS IT!!!

lol I love your sarcasm :D

It is funny fact, but even though the session says is 4 hours, they never actually fulfill the full hours time. Gee, I wish I had this privilege at work, instead of working the full hours a day, I decide to cut it down to half only without impacting my income lol

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:

DO NOT MISS IT!!!

No I think she still needs a week or two to copy and paste Senator Ngo's speech, doing a spellcheck on Antidote and printing it. Or maybe she needs to have someone from IT install MS Office on her desktop and take a training in NY for a week on how to use MS Word.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
admontreal said:
No I think she still needs a week or two to copy and paste Senator Ngo's speech, doing a spellcheck on Antidote and printing it. Or maybe she needs to have someone from IT install MS Office on her desktop and take a training in NY for a week on how to use MS Word.
A quick look at her twitter account shows what she is interested in. She is busy criticizing the Liberals and their electoral reform circus. One could guess what she had in mind when she adjourned C-6 discussion. I can bet that she will recycle the terrorist is a terrorist is a terrorist speech; and how Liberals want to risk Canadian lives by C-6. The only thing is, no one is disagreeing with her since all Liberal Senators are staying away from this bill. It is time to just cancel this bill and redraft it properly.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
A quick look at her twitter account shows what she is interested in. She is busy criticizing the Liberals and their electoral reform circus. One could guess what she had in mind when she adjourned C-6 discussion. I can bet that she will recycle the terrorist is a terrorist is a terrorist speech; and how Liberals want to risk Canadian lives by C-6. The only thing is, no one is disagreeing with her since all Liberal Senators are staying away from this bill. It is time to just cancel this bill and redraft it properly.

If I may ask, what would you redraft ?
In my case I just think that it lacks three things :

- Proper appeal procedures for misrepresentation cases
- Adjustments to the Second generation limit rule
- Last round of adjustments to address ALL the remaining Lost Canadians cases.

That would address most of the pending Citizenship problems in Canada for the next generation.

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
admontreal said:

That would address most of the pending Citizenship problems in Canada for the next generation.
Hi
Cannot agree more.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
admontreal said:

Totally agree. I would also suggest moving all the minor clauses like the 3/5 rule and address them in a different bill. But I may be selfish there since that is the only clause that concerns me at this stage. I would also suggest keeping the language requirements as they are set now.