+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
jcsi said:
Think you are missing my point
My comment was to itsmyid, so don't really know why you're quoting me.

In any case, I agree with you that some users here spread misinformation. My initial question about the immediate implementation was answered with an ignorant "no". Someone not following the thread can think that's true when in fact it's baseless and totally false. After doing some searches, the correct answer would be "still unknown". The new minister may or may not follow in the footsteps of the previous minister when it comes to implementation.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
SHORT

Some ppl are ######## (fill in), they don't want bill C-6 to pass. Please start your own thread and discuss your selfish concerns over there.... You have the right to object against this bill as you might think it will affect you... so your right is to start your own thread...

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
With the Senate on break, there are no news about C6. As a result, I see folks here are filling the gap by either discussing relevant implications to C6, or simply arguing for the sake of it. Let me just bring everyone back to the factual world.
A quick reminder of where we stand:

- On December, C6 passed second reading and was passed on to the Committee of Social Affairs, Science and Technology
- As per today, there is no scheduled meeting of the Committee
- However, the next Senate sitting is on Tuesday, Jan 31, 2017 at 2 PM EST
- It is reasonable to assume the Committee will meet a week or two after that date

As per the new minister of immigration; I personally do not think his appointment will make any significant impact on C6. It it no longer in his hands, it is in the Senate hands. If the Committee decides to add amendments, then the minister may get involved. Having said this, he clearly does not want to be taken for a token and clearly stated that his heritage is not the ultimate determinant of his decisions, he prioritizes Canada's interests first. Also, let's not forget that Minister McCullum was not a bad minister to start with, I think he did what he could regarding C6. It got delayed mostly at the Senate level, and ministers have no power over that.

For those recommending petitions and calling/emailing Senators; you are free to do that, but what will you achieve. Petitions are meant to raise public awareness, that is the last thing you want to do with C6. The vast majority of the public support C24 because of how Harper's government sold it as a national security measure. Senators already know about these bills, that is their job! Our emails will not change their stand on it; all Conservative Senators will continue to oppose it and all Liberal will support it. The independent Senators will rely on their own opinion, not what we tell them. If one believes C24 is right, how would an email from us change their mind?

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Looking at how many people have signed the petition, it seems like there is not enough support for the bill.

No wonder government doesn't give a d amn.....

This bill won't pass, it is clear now!!

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
quasar81 said:
Looking at how many people have signed the petition, it seems like there is not enough support for the bill.

wake up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stop nagging !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bill almost done, its at committee stage and liberals have 8/15 vote that are required to pass the bill

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
monalisa said:
wake up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stop nagging !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bill almost done, its at committee stage and liberals have 8/15 vote that are required to pass the bill
monalisa, quasar has the last word on this bill. Because people are not signing his pointless petition, he decided the bill won't be approved :)

On a serious note quasar, your petition at this stage is a bit too late to make any difference. What makes you think the Senate Commission will change their mind because of a petition? They are not even elected to give a damn about voters. They vote based on their beliefs.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
I agree with Marcher... I signed the petition and I regret it... Real men admit their mistakes

quasar81 said:

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
http://www.lgc.gc.ca/eng/content/progress-chart

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
ipfreely said:
Like any "Democratic Country", provide sufficient media or public uproar, any government decision to issues could be swayed to sympathize the masses.

As to Mr. Quasar's petition, he doesn't have enough teeth to pull the decision makers to his side. Or maybe they have decided in favor of the party in power, none knows.
Bill C-6 petition has 163 supporters now.
The petition for Montreal Please Reverse Your Decision To Ban Pit Bulls has 471,693 supporters.

and the petition for Keep "Killing Bigfoot" From Being Broadcast has 372 supporters :)

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
marcher said:
Bill C-6 petition has 163 supporters now.
The petition for Montreal Please Reverse Your Decision To Ban Pit Bulls has 471,693 supporters.

and the petition for Keep "Killing Bigfoot" From Being Broadcast has 372 supporters :)
Pitbull have rights

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
marcher said:
monalisa, quasar has the last word on this bill. Because people are not signing his pointless petition, he decided the bill won't be approved :)

On a serious note quasar, your petition at this stage is a bit too late to make any difference. What makes you think the Senate Commission will change their mind because of a petition? They are not even elected to give a damn about voters. They vote based on their beliefs.
To be honest, let's respect everyone's feelings and opinion, because all of us need c6 (Note: not for 3/5 rule)
Its a good law for canadians, i am sure only immigrants are following this bill but its a bill for all canadians

Yes its in the last stage now, lets hope for the best after two weeks.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
monalisa said:
To be honest, let's respect everyone's feelings and opinion, because all of us need c6 (Note: not for 3/5 rule)
Its a good law for canadians, i am sure only immigrants are following this bill but its a bill for all canadians

Yes its in the last stage now, lets hope for the best after two weeks.
I agree with you...and even if we are not all immigrants we are from families that are immigrants.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
ipfreely said:
Thank you professor for such informative information.

Ya wanna snickers candy bar?
hahaha

Liberals lollipops are not enough :)

Richard11

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lets see how far conservative senators can fight against immigrants,i believe we will find out in February!!