+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
torontosm said:
if you believe this, you haven't been in Canada long enough yet.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-politics-idUSKBN1452BV
I am not saying what the article says is right or wrong, but if you believe in polls, which is what this article was based on, you haven't been in this world long enough yet... not long ago all the polls were suggesting Hilary Clinton would be the next president of US, and a bit earlier polls also showed that UK would stay with EU

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
itsmyid said:
I am not saying what the article says is right or wrong, but if you believe in polls, which is what this article was based on, you haven't been in this world long enough yet... not long ago all the polls were suggesting Hilary Clinton would be the next president of US, and a bit earlier polls also showed that UK would stay with EU
exactly ;)

If they are libs or cons both work for the country ;D but Trudeau was smarter this then even than mulcaire he is made canada great again.
The future is green energy, electric transportation, see the new Bolt from Chevrolet , Tesla etc

Provinces are giving 10000$ support for you if you purchase electric car, yes in usa too and 19.99$ prepaid monthly card to charge your electric car.
European gouvernments are planing to ban gas/diesel cars on 2030.

wake up, its time for change, technology is developing faster than our brains lol

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
itsmyid said:
Unfortunately polls, as inaccurate as they are, are really all we have to go on between elections. I am not sure what Trudeau's approval rating really is, but I do know it's naive to think that the Cons are never coming back (as the OP implied). Canada, like most other democratic countries, has cycles of popularity for its primary political parties. JT rode in on a wave of dissatisfaction with Harper; however, in my opinion at least, he hasn't done any of the things he promised and is crippling the economy (similar to what his colleague has done with Ontario). At some point, his track record will catch up with him and it will be time for the Cons again.

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
torontosm said:
Unfortunately polls, as inaccurate as they are, are really all we have to go on between elections. I am not sure what Trudeau's approval rating really is, but I do know it's naive to think that the Cons are never coming back (as the OP implied). Canada, like most other democratic countries, has cycles of popularity for its primary political parties. JT rode in on a wave of dissatisfaction with Harper; however, in my opinion at least, he hasn't done any of the things he promised and is crippling the economy (similar to what his colleague has done with Ontario). At some point, his track record will catch up with him and it will be time for the Cons again.
Theyll come back for sure, but not so near. economy is bad everywhere in the world, go see europeans are jobless and no hope.
change will not happen in 1 day 1 month 1 year, it needs a time.

to make changes you need new plans and laws, since cons were majority in senates,

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/12/26/ils-veulent-moderniser-linstitution-bapteme-de-feu-pour-les-nouveaux-senateurs

VERY IMPORTANT DECLARATION:

Les sénateurs Pratte et Petitclerc siègent en tant qu'indépendants depuis leur arrivée. Certains conservateurs les accusent toutefois toujours d'être à la solde des libéraux.
«Ce sont des gens qui appuient le principe libéral», plaide Leo Housakos, un sénateur conservateur.
«Ça me touche très peu, en fait. C'est ça, ma réponse! Ça prouve probablement que je ne suis pas vraiment une politicienne parce que je me dis: “Pensez ce que vous voulez!”» répond Chantal Petitclerc.
«Je suis reconnaissant à M. Trudeau de m'avoir nommé, mais à partir de ce moment-ci, je ne lui dois rien et il le sait», indique pour sa part André Pratte.

Meaning, we shouldn't take for granted that the new independent Senators will always agree with Liberal bills.
In other words, they might not all be pro-C6.

daisy2

Oct 29, 2016
marcher said:
I have been a follower of this forum for years. First back when I was applying for PR, and recently since C-24 affected my citizenship application. I never really commented, just read what people had to say, and assumed it was true. It seemed everyone was 100% sure C-6 was going to take a week or two and bring back 3/5 rule overnight. When I decided to do a bit of my own research, nothing fancy just google, it took me less than 5 minutes to understand the real situation, and be aware that we are in for a long political marathon with C-6 due to the political implications surrounding it. At that moment, I commented every time someone was making some nonsense statements misleading everyone and giving false hope. The result was excessive push back from people accusing me of being pessimist and trying to break people's hope; while I was being realist and protecting them from false hope.

It took some time until people like you, canadasucks, admontreal, screech and a few others started commenting along the same lines as I was; sticking to facts rather than Disneyland speculation. We disagree on certain assumptions, but we all agree on valid facts; such as the fact there is NO BLOODY NEWS (good nor bad) before January 31st since everyone is on vacation :). The reason I am telling this story is because after all this, there are still a few people who seem to prefer to believe good news (even if they are a lie) than listen to the actual truth. Some people ...

As for politicians, I think we are in general unfair towards them. People including media ask them unreasonable questions and expect answers, so in most times they give their opinion, but everyone takes it as a fact. Whoever asked Minister McCullum when C-6 will be implemented was very unreasonable. How does one expect the Minister to know the answer if the bill is not in his hands, it is down to the Senate at all levels. If McCullum did not answer then that would be used against him too. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
You are right ...reality hurts all the time ..!! No problem as we have been waiting for long time and we got used to ...

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarceauBletard said:
Meaning, we shouldn't take for granted that the new independent Senators will always agree with Liberal bills.
You're right. Nobody should take them for granted. However, nobody should give the Senate the same weight as the HoC when it comes to passing legislation. The worst case is that the Senate will make amendements to the Bill, send them to the HoC which will accept/refuse them. After that everybody (including the Official Opposition) will ask the Senate to finish quietly the work and pass the C-6 without further discussion. JT wanted 'sober SECOND thought' when he exposed his vision of the Senate, not a friggin additional bottleneck. Every element of the legislative machine knows its place. I don't believe that modernizing the Senate should mean giving it more obstruction power.

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
MarceauBletard said:
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/12/26/ils-veulent-moderniser-linstitution-bapteme-de-feu-pour-les-nouveaux-senateurs

VERY IMPORTANT DECLARATION:

Les sénateurs Pratte et Petitclerc siègent en tant qu'indépendants depuis leur arrivée. Certains conservateurs les accusent toutefois toujours d'être à la solde des libéraux.
«Ce sont des gens qui appuient le principe libéral», plaide Leo Housakos, un sénateur conservateur.
«Ça me touche très peu, en fait. C'est ça, ma réponse! Ça prouve probablement que je ne suis pas vraiment une politicienne parce que je me dis: “Pensez ce que vous voulez!”» répond Chantal Petitclerc.
«Je suis reconnaissant à M. Trudeau de m'avoir nommé, mais à partir de ce moment-ci, je ne lui dois rien et il le sait», indique pour sa part André Pratte.

Its only media
They are assuming ;)

Trudeau chose them libs , he selected them ;)

just wait and see ;)

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You guys should contact senators with your stories . It really helps

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
Senate's Calendar 2017:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/ParlBusiness/senate/calendar/cal2017-e.htm'

3 weeks work ... 1 week OFF, then [this is the period where the committee decides on the experts to interview as well as the new rules of the revised committee]

2 weeks work ... 2 weeks OFF, then [the committee meets the experts]
3 weeks work ... 2 weeks OFF [the committee continues to meet the experts and probably reports the outcomes to the Senate, in addition (positively thinking), the Senate might adopt the report and move to the 3rd reading]

So, a total of 8 working weeks from January to the beginning of May 2017.

3 weeks work in May ..... 1 week OFF, then
5 weeks work (possibly to be shortened to 4 in order to take an early break as usual) .... 2.5 months summer break

these other 8 weeks might witness the 3rd reading.... how long, how short that depends on the Senators' willing!!! here is my a few scenarios:

1- If the same 2nd reading's scenario to continue, then the bill won't become law before September 2017.
2- If the bill is accepted before they adjourn for the summer break (I highly expect that), then:
a) the bill will go back to the HoC (if amended, highly likely) where the HoC will be already adjourned so, the bill will next be discussed at the HoC in Sep. 2017
b) the bill is not amended, so it's a law on Canada Day, the 150th anniversary of Canada, however, it won't be in force yet.
3- The bill passes the 3rd reading faster than anyone would have though....... Happy faces by March/April 2017 (C-6 is a law) with more happy faces on July 1st (C-6 is fully in force).

Although I'm in favor of option 3, I personally don't expect this option to happen where the option 2a seems to be a realistic expectation.

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
Interesting you folks read the comments on the below article:
http://www.yukon-news.com/news/lang-slams-liberal-terrorism-bill/

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
People unhappy with how Trudeau is running the country: survey

http://www.news1130.com/2016/12/27/people-unhappy-trudeau-running-country-survey/

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Shmak2017 said:
People unhappy with how Trudeau is running the country: survey

http://www.news1130.com/2016/12/27/people-unhappy-trudeau-running-country-survey/
Good news for C-6, makes it more urgent for liberals to pass it so they can at least get some votes from new citizens for the next election

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
spiritsoul said:
Interesting you folks read the comments on the below article:
http://www.yukon-news.com/news/lang-slams-liberal-terrorism-bill/
He is just trying to creating drama here by showing ghosts to child and trying to play rights of people. Every crime is punishable by law and person who commit must go to jail. If you send terrorist back home whats the guarantee he will not come back to Canada on new name new passport. Instead of putting him in jail they are setting him free. on other side what you will do with those who terrorist who dont have dual citizenship. for sure terrorist is a terrorist put him in jail that's the end of story.why is that an immigrant get to have his citizenship strapped away and not other non-immigrants ?? this creates two types of Canadians…one that is superior then the other..and that’s what people like Dan Lang really want…besides the people have spoken in the house and they want Bill c-6 so Lang has to step aside and accept that.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
badar14 said:
He is just trying to creating drama here by showing ghosts to child and trying to play rights of people. Every crime is punishable by law and person who commit must go to jail. If you send terrorist back home whats the guarantee he will not come back to Canada on new name new passport. Instead of putting him in jail they are setting him free. on other side what you will do with those who terrorist who dont have dual citizenship. for sure terrorist is a terrorist put him in jail that's the end of story.why is that an immigrant get to have his citizenship strapped away and not other non-immigrants ?? this creates two types of Canadians…one that is superior then the other..and that’s what people like Dan Lang really want…besides the people have spoken in the house and they want Bill c-6 so Lang has to step aside and accept that.
You are completely right. And yet, a lot of people just don't seem to get it !