01-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
MarceauBletard said:
There was an oral (non-binding) agreement between senators to finish bill C-6 by May 3rd.
Now they're just "hopeful" to get a vote this week.
I don't know why I still trust anything they say...
No other way for us.. :(

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sivabalan said:
No other way for us.. :(
No point in being frustrated at this point. The vote will be happening this week - C6 is moving back to the HoC soon.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hfinkel said:
Why not? What is the standard?

Thanks for clarification.
If you have one of the following, you can submit it as proof of language abilities:

Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, includes:
A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
jsm0085 said:
If you have one of the following, you can submit it as proof of language abilities:

Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, includes:
A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.
And the definition of program is a full degree? Not just a vocational certificate program?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hfinkel said:
And the definition of program is a full degree? Not just a vocational certificate program?
There is a limit to what people can do for you. The quote I've provided, from the CIC website, explains what is acceptable. A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary institution. If you need further clarification, you can contact CIC.

sivabalan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
jsm0085 said:
No point in being frustrated at this point. The vote will be happening this week - C6 is moving back to the HoC soon.
I too have that hope. I'm just saying, unfortunately there is nothing much we can do now other than listening to the Senators via Twitter.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
yea there is no point in speculating. Just wait for a few more days. We will know if the terrorism amendment is passed or not. After that it will be quick.
Listen in on the senate sitting and try to stop worrying until we know something for sure. People here will only speculate their fears.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
_MK_ said:
yea there is no point in speculating. Just wait for a few more days. We will know if the terrorism amendment is passed or not. After that it will be quick.
Listen in on the senate sitting and try to stop worrying until we know something for sure. People here will only speculate their fears.

That's right! Many people don't know how to deal with ambiguity and things beyond their control. But the worst part is when they try hard to subdue everyone else to their fear and anxiety. Waiting requires serious character.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Some people really show symptoms of manic mood swings when it comes to this bill. One single word in a Senator's tweet can push them from being super happy about something happening to trying to convince everyone that this bill will never become law.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
noba el king said:
Is there any session for today?
This question is literally answered on this and the last page.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
spyfy said:
Some people really show symptoms of manic mood swings when it comes to this bill. One single word in a Senator's tweet can push them from being super happy about something happening to trying to convince everyone that this bill will never become law.
I don't know if this was aimed at me or someone else but I was just saying that it's becoming harder and harder to trust what these Senators and Ministers say concerning the timeline.
I know the Bill will probably eventually become law at some point and I'm not having any mood swings. Most people I know call me Spock, I'm always thinking logically and calmly (or at least trying to do so).

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
MarceauBletard said:
I don't know if this was aimed at me or someone else but I was just saying that it's becoming harder and harder to trust what these Senators and Ministers say concerning the timeline.
I know the Bill will probably eventually become law at some point and I'm not having any mood swings. Most people I know call me Spock, I'm always thinking logically and calmly (or at least trying to do so).
No it wasn't aimed at you in particular, more at the general vibe this thread gets into when the Senate sitting comes near. I think the problem is people take every single statement on twitter as ultimately and absolutely factual. If you ask a Senator over and over again on twitter when this bill will become law, obviously that Senator will give you an estimate even if its just a guess. I mean what else is she supposed to do? If she doesn't reply at all she is accused of not caring about the people she represents. But then, later, if that guess doesn't become true they accuse her of having "lied" or that she "can't be trusted".

It is that simple: Either you accept that no one in the senate can give you a legally binding and reliable date. Or you get a date but then you have to accept that it is nothing but an estimate or feeling. It is impossible to give a date with a 100% guarantee.

So it is unfair to ask them for updates but then complain if their updates aren't always 100% correct. Either. Or.