+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, from the information I have by talking on the phone with different agents and according to some law offices the 4 out of 6 years requirement will not be enforced before July/2015.

The question is why do they still keep the cut off date from the public. Maybe this is the style of this government... "Let the people know in the very last moment."

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chelavnzuo said:
Correct me if I misunderstood this article, basically this is to say some reforms took effect on August 1st to speed up the application process, but the actual provision on the 4/6 residence requirement is still roughly one year away. Is this correct?
Correct. The 4/6 isnt to speed up the process, although it should in the short run, but rather to make you "more Canadian".

SherifEF

Aug 4, 2014
Hey,

I just called the CIC call center, and they confirmed that the new rules 4 out of 6 years as part of Bill C 24 will be effective on June 19th 2015.
From where did you get July 19th 2015?

I asked the agent about why this information is not in the CIC site, she could not answer this question?

My physical present 1095 should be due on July 1st 2015, any idea what will happen if I apply and not meeting the physical presence.

Any idea?

Sherif

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SherifEF said:
Hey,

I just called the CIC call center, and they confirmed that the new rules 4 out of 6 years as part of Bill C 24 will be effective on June 19th 2015.

I asked the agent about why this information is not in the CIC site, she could not answer this question?

My physical present 1095 should be due on July 1st 2015, any idea what will happen if I apply and not meeting the physical presence.

Any idea?

Sherif
No idea but will give you a fact... You will be refused.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hussinhamid said:
Guys

I just called the CIC and they have informed me that the new law specifically the (4 out of 6 years) clause and the( intent to reside in Canada) will be enforced starting June 2015 , they didn't tell exactly the day .
A friend of a friend had his citizenship test two months ago and the judge asked his to swear that his intention is to reside in Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Loulou79 said:
A friend of a friend had his citizenship test two months ago and the judge asked his to swear that his intention is to reside in Canada.
That's a separate process to the expected implementation of the "intent to reside" clause. I guess that the judge decided to put that applicant "on the spot" for his application.

anya

May 24, 2012
SherifEF said:
Hey,

Any idea?

Sherif

I don't get why people don't follow the rules while applying when every single person has to go through that? Someone missing it by mistake is understandable but for others what's the hurry?

anya

May 24, 2012
Loulou79 said:
As per minister Alexander (his clarifications of this ambiguous clause) was for PRs only (ie not for citizens), knew there was something fishy. If it is/was for PRs it should be in the application for PR not in the citizenship application.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
anya said:
As per minister Alexander (his clarifications of this ambiguous clause) was for PRs only (ie not for citizens), knew there was something fishy. If it is/was for PRs it should be in the application for PR not in the citizenship application.
Being a PR gives you the practical rights of Canadians, to live and work and have health insurance without worrying that they are temporary, but it doesn't give you the symbolic rights -- voting, travelling as a Canadian. It wouldn't be right to force PRs to swear allegiance to Canada. Also, since PR is lost if the applicant leaves, there is an automatic enforcement mechanism, there's no need to ask PRs to vow that they will live here.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
why are most of the users of this forum worried about the intend to reside?
I don't see why make such a big deal about it

I lived in canada a a worker for 5 years
been pr for about 2
plant to become a citizen and continue here

could it be that a all of those who ask about the intend to reside are just looking for a passport to get the hell out of here

honestly don't get it

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

glowingheart said:
why are most of the users of this forum worried about the intend to reside?
I don't see why make such a big deal about it

I lived in canada a a worker for 5 years
been pr for about 2
plant to become a citizen and continue here

could it be that a all of those who ask about the intend to reside are just looking for a passport to get the hell out of here

honestly don't get it
1. Read through a lot of the posts where the person has applied for citizenship and then immediately leaves for overseas and returns only for the test and oath. It would appear that all they want is the passport.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intend to reside seems like a second stage of residence requirement.

The first is before you apply, and the second one is the time until the oath.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
PMM said:
Hi

1. Read through a lot of the posts where the person has applied for citizenship and then immediately leaves for overseas and returns only for the test and oath. It would appear that all they want is the passport.
thats what I don't get
so many people wishing to come to canada and become citizen to get a better life and a huge percentage of the current pr just want to get a passport

I hope the intend to reside applies to post citizenship as well