Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Revocation that would lead to statelessness would not be permitted UNLESS the citizenship was obtained either through fraudulent means, or through misrepresentation.

If the minister opined that you had misrepresented your intent to reside in Canada BEFORE becoming a citizen, then he can in theory at least pursue revoking your citizenship due to misrepresentation, regardless whether you would become stateless after revocation.

This is why the 'intent-to-reside' clause may be dangerous, and a lot of naturalized Canadians (who naturalize after the new rule passes) would all of a sudden become vulnerable to revocation, even if they do not have any other citizenships.

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
civic said:
Conservatives MP are helpless when it comes to immigration. They either ignore the inquiry or put very minimum efforts. You could try. I have tried to contact my MP for immigration issues and they show me their true colors. Anti-immigration is one of the party's big agenda. One may argue otherwise. The reality confirms my statement. Good luck
You are right civic . I met my PR who is NDP she told me exactly ( The policy of this government concerning immigration is racistic and I am ready to say that to the media)

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
21-01-2012(sent with application)
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
http://niftynotcool.com/2014/05/21/bill-c-24-is-an-insult-to-all-canadians/

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
SubZero_2 said:
Don't worry folks, you have my words it will not pass by the end of this year. GO ENJOY YOUR TIME, and the MP who said that it is going to pass he/she is definitely wrong (it is really funny that I know better than him/her).
What is your source of information? and why would MP does not know and you know? Unless you work directly with Minister or PM or some key conservative MP.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
House of Commons faces full agenda as MPs eye 2015 election

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/house-of-commons-faces-full-agenda-as-mps-eye-2015-election

among the packed schedule, the Citizenship Bill too.

Overall, lots packed in and with some items being not routine and/or controversial in the agenda...

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
us2yow said:
House of Commons faces full agenda as MPs eye 2015 election

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/house-of-commons-faces-full-agenda-as-mps-eye-2015-election

among the packed schedule, the Citizenship Bill too.

Overall, lots packed in and with some items being not routine and/or controversial in the agenda...
Meeting on Monday is confirmed at 3:30.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its funny to me how all these bills became important just about a year before elections

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
I still think immigrants can create a lot of commotion if they wanted to. Why should we just sit and watch them comfortably pass a very disturbing bill into law?

When I lived in Toronto and commuted to work on the subway every day, I realized how much work immigrants do on a daily basis. I wondered what would happen if only those hard-working Filipino caregivers would stop their work for just an hour. The whole city would stop :). And what would happen if a 100,000 people protested somewhere (it should not be too hard to do in Toronto :))? The cons themselves are getting very comfortable and they forget how much they rely on people they would like to kick out.

So, we have power, but a lot of people are afraid (so much for a free country and free speech and expression :)) and would hope someone else will guard their future.

As I said before, if things start happening very quickly now (as the latest information would suggest), perhaps a decent, quiet, and dignified protest would be in order. Or we can rely on facebook revolutionaries ;D.

Newbie2014

Feb 10, 2014
guri3577 said:
Meeting on Monday is confirmed at 3:30.

I checked the openparliament website, but could not see any agenda items related to Bill C-24. Would you please post a link to where you obtained the information regarding the 3:30pm meeting on Monday?

If so, it looks like the bill is beginning to pick up speed....

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Newbie2014 said:
I checked the openparliament website, but could not see any agenda items related to Bill C-24. Would you please post a link to where you obtained the information regarding the 3:30pm meeting on Monday?

If so, it looks like the bill is beginning to pick up speed....
Here you go http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/parlvu/DayView.aspx?date=20140526&lang=en

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tolerance said:
I still think immigrants can create a lot of commotion if they wanted to. Why should we just sit and watch them comfortably pass a very disturbing bill into law?

When I lived in Toronto and commuted to work on the subway every day, I realized how much work immigrants do on a daily basis. I wondered what would happen if only those hard-working Filipino caregivers would stop their work for just an hour. The whole city would stop :). And what would happen if a 100,000 people protested somewhere (it should not be too hard to do in Toronto :))? The cons themselves are getting very comfortable and they forget how much they rely on people they would like to kick out.

So, we have power, but a lot of people are afraid (so much for a free country and free speech and expression :)) and would hope someone else will guard their future.

As I said before, if things start happening very quickly now (as the latest information would suggest), perhaps a decent, quiet, and dignified protest would be in order. Or we can rely on facebook revolutionaries ;D.
I'm all up for a protest, in GTA. I also heard from other people on this forum which support the idea as well. I suggest though, we wait for the end of the 2nd reading -> if the bill passes with no significant and reasonable changes, we should organize one. And it's better if we could do it in many parts of the country at once. IMO, the most recent petition on change.org with more than 20k signatures shows the overall attitude pretty well.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guri3577 said:
Here you go http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/parlvu/DayView.aspx?date=20140526&lang=en
There is no C-24 meeting schedule up to May.. If there is no 2nd reading within May then it is unlikely anything will happen within 10 or so working days in June before summer closing..

bosmek

Apr 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Monday meeting is about Strengthening the Role of Women in the Canadian Society and not C-24.
Make sure you check the order of business before posting wrong info.