Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paw339 said:
Good point about Canada Day.

Another reason to rush the bill through and get it implemented ASAP, is because if lots of notice is given then CIC would probably be flooded with applications which would just add to the backlog. Better (from CIC's point of view) to get the majority of the bill in force especially the residency requirements, which will then give CIC some breathing space to work their way through the backlog. It wouldn't surprise me if the date of citizenship for someone who just gets their application in before the rules change and someone who just misses applying under the old rules and has to wait an extra year, doesn't end up being virtually the same. More of an issue for someone with lots of pre PR time.
See this chart:

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=832329

Personally I believe if the new rule kicks off, the backlog of current apps will be cleared very quickly because under new system CIC officers make assessment and decision. we know the time it takes mostly stay at local offices waiting for CJ. CIC is under pressure to improve processing time just in time for next year election too.

You see the anticipated backlog will drop from 327,000 in 2014/2015 down to 95,000 in 2015/2016 with the new application fee and Bill C-24 becoming law. That means nearly 150,000 applications will be cleared in just one year. The vast majority of people applying under old rules will get citizenship by 2016.

The frequency at which they held citizenship ceremonies is crazy too. Each month now I believe 20-30,000 people becoming citizens all across the country.

All these positive changes will come at the cost that PRs who are unable to submit apps due to Bill-24 have to pay to fix the system. Hundred thousands of people will not be able to apply until several years later. CIC made the mess, they made someone else pay for it. We see the exactly same philosophy for parents and grandparents immigration, CIC shuts the door for 2 year, giving themselves some room to increase quota and processing time at the costs of those who are eligible to apply but have to defer their plans. People applaud CIC for their improvement, but forget those who suffer.

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
civic said:
See this chart:

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=832329

All these positive changes will come at the cost that PRs who are unable to submit apps due to Bill-24 have to pay to fix the system. Hundred thousands of people will not be able to apply until several years later. CIC made the mess, they made someone else pay for it. We see the exactly same philosophy for parents and grandparents immigration, CIC shuts the door for 2 year, giving themselves some room to increase quota and processing time at the costs of those who are eligible to apply but have to defer their plans. People applaud CIC for their improvement, but forget those who suffer.
Thanks for the link civic.

and all the current PR's are also having to pay the price for all the previous abuse and fraud of the immigration system.

mirki

Jun 12, 2014
polarbear said:
Your application will be rejected or you will get an RQ with judge hearing if you apply less than 1095 days.

Your lawyer is a nut crack, don't hire him.
:mad:
Do you have any data about this: do they ask for RQ for everyone who apply less than 1095 days of physical residency? My residency requirement would be completed by September 2014. But because I have work-related absences I meet the physical residency conditions only by March 2015. If the law does not get into effect by September, I plan to apply anyways. March would be too late. Do they take into account whether the absences are work-related or not?

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
u4g5 said:
Committee stage is freaking DONE!
possibly 3rd reading TMW!!!!!
Where does it say that?

Last Stage Completed is Second Reading

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
Even if the bill c 24 passed into law, it will be challenged at the supreme court of Canada about its constitutionality specially the section of intention to travel and revoke of citizenship because of travel as this against the Canadian charter of freedom of travel (Canadian constitution) as it creates flame between Canadians and creates second class Canadian citizens.
One of the most famous Torontonian lawyers he is taking it seriously to challenge the government (means suing at the supreme court of Canada) :)

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/06/09/rocco_galati_plans_legal_challenge_to_citizenship_act_changes.html

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Desert Lion said:
Even if the bill c 24 passed into law, it will be challenged at the supreme court of Canada about its constitutionality specially the section of intention to travel and revoke of citizenship because of travel as this against the Canadian charter of freedom of travel (Canadian constitution) as it creates flame between Canadians and creates second class Canadian citizens.
One of the most Torontonian lawyers he is taking it seriously to challenge the government (means suing at the supreme court of Canada) :)

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/06/09/rocco_galati_plans_legal_challenge_to_citizenship_act_changes.html
Thanks man, I wanted to bring this up actually.

But the important question here? what will happen if it was challenged? would the bill go on hold? or it will still be enforced in the mean time? thats really matters for many people

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am checking constantly on parliament website to see what the government order for senate tomorrow. and i really looks like it will pass either later this week or next week.
The bill has faced no challenges and it doesnt matter a lawyer threatens to take the government to court on the bill. once it is in full force, TONS ppl will not be eligible to apply. and that KILLS.
now just pray, i am nervous

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desert Lion said:
Who is applying June 18 and June 19' 2014
i am sending out my application tmw and it wont arrive Sydney until friday, June 20th.
now i am praying it wont receive royal assent on the 20th or its all over.

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
The Supreme court of Canada is the highest authorities in the country and can deny the omit some or all of the bill/law if the 7 judges believe it is against the constitution. This is the job of the lawyers, as the lawyers themselves will suffer a lot from this new bill/law as it will affect their business, not only this but every lawyer wants to be famous and hero and to create bigger name, so many lawyers across the country will attack the government for this new bill, and personally I believe they will win some if not all of the bill to be defeated. The question how long it is going to take, it may take a year or more, as the government has its own lawyers as well to challenge other lawyers.
The Harper's conservative government trying to count on the voices of Canadian who are anti-immigration to add them to the next elections of 2015, unfortunately permanent residents have no right to vote and the government is taking advantage over that.

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
If you are sending it tomorrow, why it will reach them by Friday? tomorrow is Wednesday 18, it should be delivered next day Thursday 19?
why this delay extra day?

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Desert Lion said:
The Supreme court of Canada is the highest authorities in the country and can deny the omit some or all of the bill/law if the 7 judges believe it is against the constitution. This is the job of the lawyers, as the lawyers themselves will suffer a lot from this new bill/law as it will affect their business, not only this but every lawyer wants to be famous and hero and to create bigger name, so many lawyers across the country will attack the government for this new bill, and personally I believe they will win some if not all of the bill to be defeated. The question how long it is going to take, it may take a year or more, as the government has its own lawyers as well to challenge other lawyers.
The Harper's conservative government trying to count on the voices of Canadian who are anti-immigration to add them to the next elections of 2015, unfortunately permanent residents have no right to vote and the government is taking advantage over that.
Man what really matters is .. if the Bill was challenged in the Supreme court .. will this stop it from coming into force .. or it will come into force regardless and then later on reverse (If the challenge worked)? (The Question what happens in the mean time will it go through now anyways or it will go on hold)

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what i am thinking, is that CIC will update its website to announce the implementation.
2nd, ROYAL ASSENT must happen in the senate which means, after passing 3rd reading sometime this week, either wed, thur, or fri, it will receive Royal assent b4 summer recess, which is June 27.
so anytime from now to June 27 will be the time your application get cut off!!!!!!!!!1
HURRY UP WHEN YOU STILL CAN