+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bikes (motorcycle) in canada

dsqboy

Apr 19, 2011
Hi All,

Can anybody share their experince in using motorcycle in Canada. How easy to ride and own it. I'm just thinking if its okay to buy a motorcycle (Like Ducati, Yamaha or HD - either used or new) for daily use initially insted of a new car which might be more expensive. Kindly share your views and experience.

Rgds
DQB

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not going to pretend I know even a little bit about motorcycles but I know you need a special license to drive one and I am not sure you can drive them year round because most places in Canada get a fair bit of snow in the winter. So if you are going to get a motorcycle to avoid having to buy a car, you may find that in the winter, you will need to buy a car anyway.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with Leon. You probably won't be able to use the motorbike year-round due to the cold and snow - so it's not really a substitute for a car.

I have several friends with bikes and every single one of them puts their bike away from late fall to early spring due to the cold and because the bike is not well suited to snow/ice.

Some people to ride them year round. However they are in the minority and I think most of them wear heated suits.

OnlineInsPro

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Having been a hardcore long-distance motorcyclist for over 15 years, I would have to (sadly) agree that it would be very difficult to ride a motorcycle year-round in most any part of Canada. You can always buy a cheap winter beater for the worst part of the winter though!

Tracy DesLaurier
TravelInsure.ca