+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BIGGEST UPDATE FOR ALL STUDENTS

Guddah

Apr 13, 2020
No one will take risk with such huge amount, universities will also have to revise their refund policies. As I asked from Algoma uni they said if visa gets rejected they will refund my fees minus the processing fees of 300$. She told me to take online classes without visa, I said her that duration won't count towards my PGWP, that point has been cleared, then I asked her what if I take online classes and my visa gets rejected, will I get the refund, she said yes you will get full refund minus 300, but the thing is they have to revise their refund policy for fall 2020 because no one is fool enough to risk such huge amount, unless someone is really fool enough :p
Soo funy

Guddah

Apr 13, 2020
"It is important for prospective students to note that commencing their studies online from abroad following approval-in-principle of a study permit application is not a guarantee that they will receive a full approval of their study permit application, or be authorized to pursue their studies in Canada. It is still possible that an applicant could receive a negative final decision on their study permit based on factors such as inadmissibility for criminality or security reasons, and the inability to predict how the COVID-19 situation and any associated travel restrictions will evolve."
True tho but still Visa officer will found problems about our application when you dont have any misrepresentation or Criminallity.. They will the say**Am not satify you will leave canada at the end of your Online Classes** Since is a temporary pilicy i urge all friends to wait for may or sep 2021

VinnitArora123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Category........
STUDY
No one will take risk with such huge amount, universities will also have to revise their refund policies. As I asked from Algoma uni they said if visa gets rejected they will refund my fees minus the processing fees of 300$. She told me to take online classes without visa, I said her that duration won't count towards my PGWP, that point has been cleared, then I asked her what if I take online classes and my visa gets rejected, will I get the refund, she said yes you will get full refund minus 300, but the thing is they have to revise their refund policy for fall 2020 because no one is fool enough to risk such huge amount, unless someone is really fool enough :p
Bro i have also a program in Algoma Uni plz connect with me @amitromror Instagram/Messenger/Twitter with same handle... Thankyou

Drsunmeet Singh

Mar 26, 2020
It is also mentioned that it doesn't guarantee visa approval, as final decision will be given after we submit all the required documents, so what if a person gets rejected and he is almost done with semester 1 online, will he/she get the refund for that semester? I guess it's a very risky take. Very much confused on this thing.
Great question but i think 2nd stage would include security risks and all of those things i dont think they will refuse if im wrong then they are creating huge mess

Yangz

Jun 9, 2020
Only thing they will check is offer letter from university and funds? No more reasons like We don't think you will return or ties to home country?
Later they will only check if you are a criminal etc?
'
The temporary stages for approval are approval-in-principle and eligibility/admissibility:

• Applicants who pass the approval-in-principle stage—which includes showing that they have been accepted at a Canadian learning institution, have the available funds and are otherwise eligible for the study permit—will be notified of a first-step approval.
  • Once the approval-in-principle is issued, applicants can begin studying online abroad and have that time count towards their post-graduation work permit, provided they meet other criteria and that they eventually receive full approval of their study permit.
  • An applicant will receive final approval once they have met all eligibility and admissibility requirements, including submitting biometrics and necessary documents such as an immigration medical exam and a police certificate. Only once a final approval is received will an applicant be able to travel to Canada.
'
personally i think they will also check your eligibility in the first stage

Innayma

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I applied to study permit since February for me and TRV for my family

my application still under process, I have funds cover my PhD study for 4 years

please, my friends do you think that may family application has an impacts on main according to new measurements

Thank you in advance
I have also applied with my family... still no news...confused what is going on...

Mojito5

Dec 19, 2019
This is not true. You can travel once your Visa was approved before March 18

You can travel but there is no assurance that the Border Officers will let you in even with a visa issued before March 18. They consider a lot of factors, and having online classes can either be essential/non-essential depending on your overall situation. They can still deny entry even if you think your reasons are valid.

My visa was approved in December but I decided to put my travel plans on hold for now.

The travel situation is unstable and my friend who works at a University in Ontario also advised me to delay my travel plans until the CBSA/IRCC gives concrete guidelines.

Last edited:
Reactions: GradStudent18

costeltin

Jul 9, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: GradStudent18

costeltin

Jul 9, 2020
True tho but still Visa officer will found problems about our application when you dont have any misrepresentation or Criminallity.. They will the say**Am not satify you will leave canada at the end of your Online Classes** Since is a temporary pilicy i urge all friends to wait for may or sep 2021
Tell me about that lol

They refused me for the same thing

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
no as students who got visa before 18march are travelling we will also be allowed maybe in january but they will
Hello!

Can you please post which province these people travelled to ( those who got their visa before march 18th ? )

And which country did they travel from ? Which airlines? Any specific supporting document they carried?

Please reply...many of us are in great confusion due to this....thanks a lot

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Dear Friends

Please, I would like your opinions, I have applied to study permit since February with all requirements through VFS, I contact the embassy they reply as in below: do you think this is positive or negative answer ???

Than you so much in advance

Dear Mohammed,
Hope this finds you well and in good health.
We would like to inform you that within two weeks, or less, according to the authorities and regulations out there due to the current situation, we will be sending your application back to Iraq, and they will be in touch with you accordingly.
So everything will be going as you have planned hopefully.

Thank you for your patience,

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
I have also applied with my family... still no news...confused what is going on...
my scholarship is cover my family expenses, yes it is really confusing
I applied through VFS in Iraq and process should be in Amman, in February 11

what about you