+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG Stuck in IP1

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Hi,
I emailed ottawa on March 16 to inquire about the visa office my application is being processed at. I haven't received any response yet. I also used the web form a couple of days ago. How long it takes to get a reply?

Last edited:

מר אף אחד

Jan 5, 2018
Hi,
I emailed ottawa on March 16 to inquire about the visa office my application is being processed at. I haven't received any response yet. I also used the web form a couple of days ago. How long it takes to get a reply?
Someone wrote they are not entertaining emails to CPC CTD Ottawa,only way is through web form and it might take from a week to a month for them to reply

HarryQuake

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi,
I did the same thing as you do. Emailed cpc-ottawa on Mar 6 and no reply until now. And then submit a web form yesterday. Someone told me they usually respond around 3 days. Let me know if you get response~

Just got off a call with IRCC. Eligibility not started. Background Check not started. :( I'm hoping the notes say more (expected any day now).

Got me notes.

Notes Generated: Feb 21, 2018 (+1 day from GetGCMS Order)
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress
Last VO Activity: Feb 9, 2018 (PCC Processing)
Last Notes Activity: Feb 12 (I had emailed asking for status)

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
[Application Due Date: 2018/02/28]

Highlights from Detailed Notes:

Case Analyst: Recommend passed*** EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation:
RECOMMENDATION: Recommend Pass
A11.2: Appears Met
R75: Appears Met
R76: Appears Met
Funds: Appears Met
Work Experience: Letter appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. Web-based search confirms employer information.

The PCCs uploaded on Feb 9 were processed same day(!).

מר אף אחד

Jan 5, 2018
tha
Got me notes.

Notes Generated: Feb 21, 2018 (+1 day from GetGCMS Order)
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress
Last VO Activity: Feb 9, 2018 (PCC Processing)
Last Notes Activity: Feb 12 (I had emailed asking for status)

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
[Application Due Date: 2018/02/28]

Highlights from Detailed Notes:

Case Analyst: Recommend passed*** EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation:
RECOMMENDATION: Recommend Pass
A11.2: Appears Met
R75: Appears Met
R76: Appears Met
Funds: Appears Met
Work Experience: Letter appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. Web-based search confirms employer information.

The PCCs uploaded on Feb 9 were processed same day(!).
that's cool,what did they mentioned as a DUE DATE ?

Reactions: 8494193

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Of course it doesn't (always). Sometimes its pure coincidence.
I don't think the pulling info for GCMS are necessarily the same as the officers processing your app. Generally it should be two different departments. Isn't it ?! I never understood how ordering GCMS would speed up the process.

Reactions: 8494193

RTR

Feb 7, 2018
Hi,

My AOR is on Feb 06,2018. There was a requeste for Schedule A background check form to be filled on Feb 16, which was submitted on Feb 23. My BG status is in “your application is in progress. We will inform you when your background check begins” since Feb 16. Also, document review status is in “We are reviewing the additional documents that you provided” since feb 23. If I am not wrong, I think I m in IP1 for more than a month now. Any insight on when can I expect to move further in the process or if this a sign of rejection?

urvashi123

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-02-2018
AOR Received.
24-02-2018
Hi,

My AOR is on Feb 06,2018. There was a requeste for Schedule A background check form to be filled on Feb 16, which was submitted on Feb 23. My BG status is in “your application is in progress. We will inform you when your background check begins” since Feb 16. Also, document review status is in “We are reviewing the additional documents that you provided” since feb 23. If I am not wrong, I think I m in IP1 for more than a month now. Any insight on when can I expect to move further in the process or if this a sign of rejection?
Did they ask for this form in Ip1 stage or Ip2?

מר אף אחד

Jan 5, 2018
Hi,

Dont worry at this time,you will go to NA2 and then IP2 if it follows the natural course,at this moment I think your file would be in the hands of Case Processing Agent and he will be giving his reviews,once you have gone past 02 months your status should change to NA2 and your file will be transferred to LVO.

From the status of Background check section: I think it’s IP1. Wouldn’t the status be “we are processing your background check” if I was in IP2?
This is IP2