+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best time to plan for a pregnancy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
True,am trying to be optimistic,hopefully everything will be fine
it takes most immigrants 3-6 months or longer to get a job. Same as most new graduates. Sure you can likely find a minimum wage job faster but some form of white collar job will take longer. Given that your training is something that you can't currently do in Canada I would anticipate that it could take longer.

Reactions: Wolverine17

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
it takes most immigrants 3-6 months or longer to get a job. Same as most new graduates. Sure you can likely find a minimum wage job faster but some form of white collar job will take longer. Given that your training is something that you can't currently do in Canada I would anticipate that it could take longer.
True and thats why am mentally prepared to engage in any kind of ok job,at least something to cover the initial daily expenses but anyways from what i have seen,in the end everything works out fine with most people

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Having a child with one minimum wage job will be very challenging. It will help you not deplete your savings as quickly I guess. You have to purchase furniture for your apartment initially so you do quite a lot of spending upfront. Most low wage jobs don't include extended health benefits as well. It is definitely nicer to have a car if you have a child.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
True and thats why am mentally prepared to engage in any kind of ok job,at least something to cover the initial daily expenses but anyways from what i have seen,in the end everything works out fine with most people
Wouldn't say it works out for everyone. Many return to their home country for various reasons: family, not able to find good employment opportunities, feel that Canada is too liberal, realization that quality of life is better in their home country (many people can easily afford home, domestic help, etc), find Canada too expensive, etc. Many give up too quickly or assume immigration is easy.

Reactions: Wolverine17

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Wouldn't say it works out for everyone. Many return to their home country for various reasons: family, not able to find good employment opportunities, feel that Canada is too liberal, realization that quality of life is better in their home country (many people can easily afford home, domestic help, etc), find Canada too expensive, etc. Many give up too quickly or assume immigration is easy.
True may i ask what is your job?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Prefer to not go into specifics but healthcare. You also have to factor in the cost and time needed for your relicensing/retraining as a dentist.