+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best new comers bank account

roshantrv83

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Hi,
Can someone guide me about how to open a bank account before landing in Canada and which bank will be a better option.

Thanks .
I would suggest to bring demand draft from home country. Once after landing, you can start a new bank of your choice. RBC would be better. If you really need to start bank before landing, scotia bank offer the same, you can deposit through wire transfer, no other options will be available and your account can be made active after producing landing documents.

Thakur Diya

Dec 17, 2018
I would suggest to bring demand draft from home country. Once after landing, you can start a new bank of your choice. RBC would be better. If you really need to start bank before landing, scotia bank offer the same, you can deposit through wire transfer, no other options will be available and your account can be made active after producing landing documents.
Thanks for the valuable suggestion. However DD in favor of whom to be made.

Thakur Diya

Dec 17, 2018
Depends on which country you are from. Check with the local banks if they have a partnership with Canadian banks. For example Kotak bank in India has a partnership with Scotiabank.
Thanks. I checked with kotak bank and they said that they don't have ant tie up scotia bank.

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Thanks. I checked with kotak bank and they said that they don't have ant tie up scotia bank.
@Thakur Diya
Some Kotak employees do not know about it : Talk to NRI department, it is on their website : https://www.kotak.com/en/personal-banking/nri/accounts-deposits/special-products.html
Alternatively :you can go to https://startright.scotiabank.com/ to open an account before you arrive. You can check on other Canadian bank websites as well. Almost all major banks provide this.

Thakur Diya

Dec 17, 2018