+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best City (Province) to settle in Canada for Pharmacist

santosh.surya

Jun 18, 2016
Hello fellow forum people.

I am an international student with bachelors in Pharmacy applied for PR in Canada from USA and will be appearing for PEBC exams to get pharmacist license. I already have ITA and will be submitting my documents soon. I would be really thankful if fellow pharmacists of Canada in this forum can help me finding out best city (Province) to settle down for pharmacist. I am looking for earning good amount of money and more savings.
I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks.

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
santosh.surya said:
Hello fellow forum people.

I am an international student with bachelors in Pharmacy applied for PR in Canada from USA and will be appearing for PEBC exams to get pharmacist license. I already have ITA and will be submitting my documents soon. I would be really thankful if fellow pharmacists of Canada in this forum can help me finding out best city (Province) to settle down for pharmacist. I am looking for earning good amount of money and more savings.
I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks.
I'm a Chinese pharmacist, AOR on 3rd March. also preparing for PEBC's evaluation examination.

never been to Canada before, but judging by job opportunities and median wages, I consider Ottawa the best place to settle down. Pharmacists in this city, according to Job bank, earn an average annual salary of 105,562 CAD, exceeding the corresponding figures in Toronto(93,136CAD/yr) and Vancouver(89,836 CAD/yr). Besides, the housing prices there are much more reasonable. I'm planning to buy a house in Gatineau, the French-speaking neighbour (where the prices are even lower), and commute between my workplace in Ottawa.

Ytaf

Nov 30, 2017
Hallo
I will be moving to Canada in the next few months. Are you now in Canada? How is the job market?
Also, what did you use as reading material for your evaluating exam?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The job market for pharmacists has become very competitive because there was a huge increase in pharmacy school enrolment around 15 years ago. I would recommmend smaller communities as the best place to make a decent salary these days. I think the salaries quoted by op are no longer accurate especially for Toronto.

Ytaf

Nov 30, 2017
The job market for pharmacists has become very competitive because there was a huge increase in pharmacy school enrolment around 15 years ago. I would recommmend smaller communities as the best place to make a decent salary these days. I think the salaries quoted by op are no longer accurate especially for Toronto.
Which smaller communities would you suggest for Alberta?