+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best and worst courier services - Jan 4, 2016 Parents/grand parents sponsor

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Just a few things to add re: questions asked
1. Metro Mississauga guy told me they delivered 150 files.
2. UPS drive was still in his vehicle @ around 8:20am waiting for the second UPS van. Then the two drivers go out the van and went to pay for the parking. They didn't get to the 8th floor until 8:30am
3. I got a feeling that Purolator lied about their deliver time because UPS was ahead of all the big companies. UPS was still waiting in-line when I left @ 10:00 so there's no way Purolator could make it @ 9:43am.

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
canvis2006 said:
even if people observe things, doesn't mean whatever they see is ABSOLUTE. And no way can be fully accurate.
Why was the OP even near the CPC-M facility anyway?
this thread can create anxiety for new applicants, so please don't treat it as 100% accuracy.
Pretty sure CIC has a method to deal with all mail received.

Remember there will always be people messing it up by having incomplete applications, which will be returned, even when it was first in line.
Gotta wait for CIC's response.
I clearly state in my original post why I was there. :D

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
Alright guys.
I got my friend to drop off my envelope as I was away and told her about the debate going on here.
She had a chat with the lady at Purolator who told her they use a smaller company from Mississauga specialized in this type of time sensitive delivery to deliver between 9 and 10 so that the Purolator guy can go about his rounds as usual.

So I'm guessing that the Purolator trucks seen later on could be for regular service!

Would make sense right?

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Quoi said:
Alright guys.
I got my friend to drop off my envelope as I was away and told her about the debate going on here.
She had a chat with the lady at Purolator who told her they use a smaller company from Mississauga specialized in this type of time sensitive delivery to deliver between 9 and 10 so that the Purolator guy can go about his rounds as usual.

So I'm guessing that the Purolator trucks seen later on could be for regular service!

Would make sense right?
Yes, that should explain why no Purolator van was on site.

randebutler

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Vancouver Island, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Quoi said:
Alright guys.

Would make sense right?
That would explain why it was so hard to get ahold of the driver in line. If he wasn't a Purolator guy then they would have to contact the subcontractor to reach their driver.

I'm honestly grasping at whatever straws I can right now in the hope we didn't miss this year. We missed last year :(

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
randebutler said:
That would explain why it was so hard to get ahold of the driver in line. If he wasn't a Purolator guy then they would have to contact the subcontractor to reach their driver.

I'm honestly grasping at whatever straws I can right now in the hope we didn't miss this year. We missed last year :(
Same here. It's my 3rd try... I need to be in this year. PLEAAASE! :eek:

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
ya61x said:
The way how CIC charged those credit cards is the best prove of my comments.
I agree. It seems only local couriers and one Purolator guy delivered before 9am. The UPS time stamps are definitely wrong.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Quoi said:
Same here. It's my 3rd try... I need to be in this year. PLEAAASE! :eek:
How did you miss 2014? Compared to 2015 & 2016, it was like heaven ;). CPC-M probably kept accepting applications till Jan 21, 2014.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rossei said:
How did you miss 2014? Compared to 2015 & 2016, it was like heaven ;). CPC-M probably kept accepting applications till Jan 21, 2014.
The only reason CIC-M kept accepting applications until jan 21 for 2014 is that a lot of applications were considered incomplete. Sponsors only sent in paystubs, instead of noa or option C or scanned signatures, out of date forms, etc etc.

These people rushed their application together, some knowingly not meeting the lico or knowingly not include all 3 noa papers, etc, in the hopes they get in the cap.

The 2015 PGP, these people whose application got returned won't make the same mistake again. This lead to cap reached by 2nd day.

It is expected that 2016 PGP the cap will be reached within hours on the first day and CIC was better prepared to handle the expected application volume.

Dela

Oct 24, 2016
ctigbs said:
Any PGP 2017 applicants start consider courier services?
I wasnt able to get my application in the cap in 2015 when I used UPS. this year I used iscourier.ca and made it in the cap :D

A friend of mine told me about them they are a bit pricier but they have a money back guarantee so it was worth it

shahf82

Jan 29, 2013
gameboy222 said:
Thanks for the recommendation, I have made reservation with one of the 3 couriers for PGP 2017.
Hi there - Can you advise which courier service have you chosen?

Thanks in advance!