+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Berlin timeline question

DutchMan

Mar 12, 2008
Dears,

Me and my (canadian) common-law partner have been living in the Netherlands for the past 4 years. We have now started the sponsorship application.

On 22 Feb 2008 my girlfriend was approved to sponsor in Mississauga. We received a letter a week later informing us about that. The application would be forwarded to Berlin to assess me.

In the mean time it is March 31st. I have not yet heard anything from Berlin.
Does the embassy in Berlin notify us when they receive it? Or when they start working on it?

I am a little afraid because when me and my girlfriend did the immigration from Canada to the Netherlands, it got 'lost' at the Dutch immigration office. Only after filing an official complaint 6 months after applying, they said sorry and finally started work. I want to prevent that this time.

Best regards,
DutchMan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

DutchMan said:
Dears,

Me and my (canadian) common-law partner have been living in the Netherlands for the past 4 years. We have now started the sponsorship application.

On 22 Feb 2008 my girlfriend was approved to sponsor in Mississauga. We received a letter a week later informing us about that. The application would be forwarded to Berlin to assess me.

In the mean time it is March 31st. I have not yet heard anything from Berlin.
Does the embassy in Berlin notify us when they receive it? Or when they start working on it?

I am a little afraid because when me and my girlfriend did the immigration from Canada to the Netherlands, it got 'lost' at the Dutch immigration office. Only after filing an official complaint 6 months after applying, they said sorry and finally started work. I want to prevent that this time.

Best regards,
DutchMan
You may or may not get an Acknowledgment of receipt from Berlin. The processing time, if there are no complications is 6-13 months on average.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#europe

PMM

DutchMan

Mar 12, 2008
Thank you for the quick reply. I realize that I may or may not get an acknowledgement, but was wondering if I would.. :)
Keep up the good work!

I hope in my case all is done before July/August. We are going to Northern Alberta, so winter would not be a good time to move.

DutchMan

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
@Dutchman,

how long did it end up taking in your case?

Anyone else that can tell about their experience in dealing with Berlin?

Much appreciated.

ange

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Dutchman,
did you end up getting your PR?
Just wondering because we applied from the Netherlands to Berlin as well. Just wondering how long it took you...

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
Hi,

I'd be interested in news as well. Ange, please remind me again, are you guys done yet? What is/was your timeline?

By the way I never received AOR from Berlin. But according to eCas it has been in process since May 22nd.

Good luck!

Julie

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Hey guys,
my application has gone to Berlin, too, and they have been processing it since August 28th. No AOR so far. =(
It would be cool if you guys could post your time lines! =)

Cookie

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
Mine went to Berlin sometime before the 22nd of May. It says May 22nd they started processing and that is also the day I could log into eCas. Never received an AOR - so don't worry if you don't get one, I don't think they send them out all the time (if at all).

Good luck to you as well :)

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Good to know. I do hope they send some kind of information, because otherwise I won't know what my immigration file number is...=)
Good luck to everybody!

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
Well you don't really need the file number. You can log into eCas with the sponsor details and the receipt number, or if you currently hold a visa for Canada it has a client id. With that and your data (assuming you are the applicant) you can log in as well.

Berlin does not seem to post any information on there other then "processing started" and "hopefully" one day decision made. I assume this because from an email conversation with them I know they did receive my medicals which in some other offices will show on your eCas. (They thought my medical was lost, that is why they contacted me. ) They are also usually pretty good if you have questions - just not the "how much longer" kind - I guess non of the CIC offices really likes that as long as your are in their stated time frame.

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
I already logged into Ecas with my sponsor's details, but I have seen screen shots of what it looks like when you log in with your immi file # and it looks different. (My Ecas does say "medicals received" btw.) I was also hoping to get my immi file # in case I want to order CAIPS notes....

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
Ps. I also just checked mine with the immigration file # and it does look exactly the same as the other ones do (receipt number, client id).

ange

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Hi,
Well, you're all way ahead of me! Just mailed out the application to CPC-M yesterday...and already all full of nerves and chewing my fingernails. Its going to be a long wait, I'm afraid...
Berlin has the longest waiting times of any visa office! Which I don't understand considering German efficiency and blah blah blah.

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Yeah, my bf said the same thing about German efficiency.... =)

@ julchen: Looks like I saw a screen shot of sth else then... =) thanks for clearing that up! I actually sent them an Email yesterday to change my address. Being German, I obviously had to ask for confirmation of the change... =) So maybe they ll sent the file # then, but hopefully I wont need it at all.