+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beirut - Spousal sponsorship - 2015

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
I_Miss_Him said:
Hi Bilal,

on another thread I read the following referring to security checks:

"This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. "

So I think either CBSA is one of those agencies that directly conducts checks, or it is the main agency that orders those agencies to conduct the checks on it's behalf and the result goes to CBSA which in turns gives the visa office the green light to grant the visas.

Yes for that reason I believe it is really hard to know under what agency are the background checks under. There are so many agencies that do the background checks and we don't know who to contact. If we email the embassy and ask them to email the security check agency do you think they will do that? Or atleast tell us under what agency it is so we can contact them?

Reference:
http :// www. canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.0 .html

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
I am not sure if the embassy would know but perhaps if you contact CBSA, they would be able to tell you which agency is conducting the security checks. You may also try to ask your Member of Parliament to contact them on your behalf and find out which agency is conducting the checks and also ask him/her to contact that agency to see if they are actively working on it. That way, you would be on the safe side because I worry that if you contact them directly, they would delay your application even more.

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
I_Miss_Him said:
I am not sure if the embassy would know but perhaps if you contact CBSA, they would be able to tell you which agency is conducting the security checks. You may also try to ask your Member of Parliament to contact them on your behalf and find out which agency is conducting the checks and also ask him/her to contact that agency to see if they are actively working on it. That way, you would be on the safe side because I worry that if you contact them directly, they would delay your application even more.

I have heard multiple times that when we contact the embassy about our applocation it delays it and i noticed u said that too. Is it true? And how come? I comtact them every 4 months and it has been going on for 2 years. Is there a reason why they delay it when we send enquiries about it?

Moon_115

Star Member
Dec 18, 2016
I_Miss_Him said:
Can the BG checks take more than a year? I am asking coz our application completed 11 months under BG checks

Btw we applied on April 2015

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Moon_115 said:
Can the BG checks take more than a year? I am asking coz our application completed 11 months under BG checks

Btw we applied on April 2015
Hello
Yea it can because I emailed the embassy and they said that background checks can take up to more than 12 months
It really is unbelievable. We applied March 2015.
I dont understand how some background checks can take 2 weeks and others it takes years.

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
fjay said:
I have heard multiple times that when we contact the embassy about our application it delays it and i noticed u said that too. Is it true? And how come? I comtact them every 4 months and it has been going on for 2 years. Is there a reason why they delay it when we send enquiries about it?
I read that on almost every forum I found. I also found this post that gives some reasons why our applications may be delayed if we contact CIC:
http:// canadianimmigrant .ca/featured/how-long-does-it-take-to-process-my-immigration-application-2

Reasons it lists are:
- Do not make unnecessary inquiries to the visa office. (This will waste the time of employees and get them frustrated and they may delay it as a result)
- Your application will be delayed if the visa office has to take extra steps to assess your case.
- If the local visa office has to consult with other CIC offices in Canada or abroad (.. to answer your inquiry)

I also read somewhere else the visa office has a queue and let's say there is 1 person ahead of you (with some employee for a certain step), so you are the second. Then you send an inquiry about your application. While they are answering your inquiry, they may finish the first person's file and they find that yours is next. However, since someone else is answering your inquiry, they can't work on your file so they move to the 3rd person and process theirs before yours. This causes a delay in processing your application.

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have news or update?

Moon_115

Star Member
Dec 18, 2016
I_Miss_Him said:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have news or update?
Nothing yet .. I think 2015 applicants will wait until 2020.. seriously, we reached a stage where we aren't expecting anything anymore.. My spouse and I are very depressed ..Almost 2 yrs so far and 1 year for BG checks..

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
Moon_115 said:
Nothing yet .. I think 2015 applicants will wait until 2020.. seriously, we reached a stage where we aren't expecting anything anymore.. My spouse and I are very depressed ..Almost 2 yrs so far and 1 year for BG checks..
7aram 3leiki 2020. msh la hl daraji ;D
Ana b2ol klna r7 ya3to zwajna l visa b nafs l wa2it.

ra7 lkteer ow bi2i l alil. Inshallah areeban

BilalAyb

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
28-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ..
LANDED..........
Waiting..
Moon there were people i know who got the PR after 2 yrs of waiting..plus they said that they will try to finish 80% of old applications before the end of December 2017 ..so have faith..plus u not alone we are all together in this w shaklon msh ma3tin 7adan recently 3al 13 month.

BilalAyb

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
28-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ..
LANDED..........
Waiting..
Hi everyone

Has anyone contacted the MP requesting investigation about the background check with the CBSA? ..the MP usually talks to the ircc ..but u can fill a form asking your MP to contact CBSA for information..anyone?

seham

Jan 24, 2017
BilalAyb said:
Hi everyone

Has anyone contacted the MP requesting investigation about the background check with the CBSA? ..the MP usually talks to the ircc ..but u can fill a form asking your MP to contact CBSA for information..anyone?
My MP said he couldn't do anything as it's in the security verification stage. Let us know if it works and I'll try to contact someone else.

Moon_115

Star Member
Dec 18, 2016
seham said:
My MP said he couldn't do anything as it's in the security verification stage. Let us know if it works and I'll try to contact someone else.
I said it and I believe that applications won't be finalized before 2020. At least my application. That's what I feel. We are heartbroken and left with withered heart waiting so far 2 yrs and most probably 3 more years.. good luck everyone .. we are talking daily cooling each other down

We didnt commit a sin when we applied in 2015.

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
Moon_115 said:
I said it and I believe that applications won't be finalized before 2020. At least my application. That's what I feel. We are heartbroken and left with withered heart waiting so far 2 yrs and most probably 3 more years.. good luck everyone .. we are talking daily cooling each other down

We didnt commit a sin when we applied in 2015.
Moon, I understand your frustration and I can feel your pain because I am going through the same thing but I don't like the way you are talking. Everyone here is waiting for the same thing and we all miss our spouses and are struggling. Some even have children who never met their parent. So please, instead of saying things that would make people more frustrated and discouraged, say things that would encourage them and give them hope.
There is only one reason that would make your application hold until 2022 and that is if your application got rejected and you had to appeal it. If you are sure that your application will be rejected, that is a problem. Otherwise, please be optimistic and 7aj tfawli 3leina ya sheikha. Allah kbeir and there is a good reason that we don't know behind the delay of our applications.
Are you in Ottawa? I'd like to meet you in person.
Take care

Moon_115

Star Member
Dec 18, 2016
I_Miss_Him said:
Moon, I understand your frustration and I can feel your pain because I am going through the same thing but I don't like the way you are talking. Everyone here is waiting for the same thing and we all miss our spouses and are struggling. Some even have children who never met their parent. So please, instead of saying things that would make people more frustrated and discouraged, say things that would encourage them and give them hope.
There is only one reason that would make your application hold until 2022 and that is if your application got rejected and you had to appeal it. If you are sure that your application will be rejected, that is a problem. Otherwise, please be optimistic and 7aj tfawli 3leina ya sheikha. Allah kbeir and there is a good reason that we don't know behind the delay of our applications.
Are you in Ottawa? I'd like to meet you in person.
Take care
Sorry dear I don't mean to discourage anyone and regarding us, our application is like the rest, stuck in BG checks. It's very straight forward case and that's why we are frustrated. There is no reason behind the delay and we believe that no one should prevent love to prosper and a couple to live a normal life together. Sorry again...
Unfortunately am not in Ottawa.