01/04/2014
Med's Done....
01/02/2014
Passport Req..
09/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2015
Hi all,

A little about me and my process: I am currently living in Lebanon with my husband (applicant) and 2 children... I sent in the application to Mississauga March 28, 2014..the same day i received an email stating they received my file and also received another email stating that i was approved as a sponsor and that my file will be sent to Beirut....on ecas all it says decision made for sponsor and application received for applicant (to this day)...on February 20, 2015 I received an email from them (to the applicant) asking for an updated police certificate, copy of updated passport and a detailed plan to stating how we are going to move to canada..... i sent them all the requested information on March 10, 2015. Now just waiting again.....as you can see by reading the previous stories everyones case is different....hopefully the processing times are shorter shorter as the waiting game kills youuuuuuuuuuuuu..... :'(

madman

Star Member
Sep 2, 2013
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
14-08-2014
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-08-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-08-2014
Med's Request
19-08-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
Hilda11 said:
Hi all,

A little about me and my process: I am currently living in Lebanon with my husband (applicant) and 2 children... I sent in the application to Mississauga March 28, 2014..the same day i received an email stating they received my file and also received another email stating that i was approved as a sponsor and that my file will be sent to Beirut....on ecas all it says decision made for sponsor and application received for applicant (to this day)...on February 20, 2015 I received an email from them (to the applicant) asking for an updated police certificate, copy of updated passport and a detailed plan to stating how we are going to move to canada..... i sent them all the requested information on March 10, 2015. Now just waiting again.....as you can see by reading the previous stories everyones case is different....hopefully the processing times are shorter shorter as the waiting game kills youuuuuuuuuuuuu..... :'(

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your story.
don't worry about the wait. Things will be smooth and soon enough you will have good news.
what amazes me about the stories here, is how fast you guys are getting the sponsor approval. It could be because the sponsor is Canadian. However, the CIC doesn't mention anything about the differences between being a PR or Canadian sponsor.
especially that they do their best to stop fraud marriages and ask us to provide lots of documents to prove it.
Could it be a double standard where they consider the PR will take advantage of tge system while the Canadian citizen won't?

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Hilda11 said:
Hi all,

when does you medical exams expire?Not sure if i understood correctly? did they ask for the actual passport?.
Yeah, this waiting game is so stressful.

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
madman said:
Hi,
don't worry about the wait. Things will be smooth and soon enough you will have good news.
what amazes me about the stories here, is how fast you guys are getting the sponsor approval. It could be because the sponsor is Canadian. However, the CIC doesn't mention anything about the differences between being a PR or Canadian sponsor.
especially that they do their best to stop fraud marriages and ask us to provide lots of documents to prove it.
Could it be a double standard where they consider the PR will take advantage of tge system while the Canadian citizen won't?
There is no difference between PR and Canadian citizen. It looks that they are trying their best to expedite the process for Lebanese residents.

Hilda11

Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/03/2014
Doc's Request.
20/02/2015
AOR Received.
01/04/2014
File Transfer...
01/04/2014
Med's Done....
01/02/2014
Passport Req..
09/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2015
mikey said:
when does you medical exams expire?Not sure if i understood correctly? did they ask for the actual passport?.
Yeah, this waiting game is so stressful.
Hi Mikey,

medicals expired in February 2015 they did not ask to do them again.....they asked for a copy of the passport...

Hilda11

Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/03/2014
Doc's Request.
20/02/2015
AOR Received.
01/04/2014
File Transfer...
01/04/2014
Med's Done....
01/02/2014
Passport Req..
09/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2015
madman said:
Hi,
Hi Madman,

I don't think it makes a difference if you are a citizen or PR....why how long did it take you?

Iloverawia

Jan 26, 2015
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-02-2015
Do you guys think that we actually have to wait 18 months to have our spouses come to Canada.... do you think that's a realistic number... I see some people from 2013 and 2014 bring your wife's between six and seven months after aor

lizzy123

Feb 25, 2015
Hello everyone.. Well hilda applied march 28 2014 and said she received her sponsorship approval the same day ... we applied beginning of April 2014 and got our SA after two months, beginning of June ... and my husband is a PR.. no financial issues or police record issues.. so i dunno if being a PR is related but all i know is there is no rule for anything!

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Hilda11 said:
Hi Mikey,

medicals expired in February 2015 they did not ask to do them again.....they asked for a copy of the passport...
They will ask for them pretty soon, you cannot enter Canada without a valid medical exams.

I personally would go and do them, and send them the confirmation as soon as they request them

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Iloverawia said:
Do you guys think that we actually have to wait 18 months to have our spouses come to Canada.... do you think that's a realistic number... I see some people from 2013 and 2014 bring your wife's between six and seven months after aor
I think, it will take few months for straight forward applications.

Chadi Y

Mar 5, 2015
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-08-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
04-08-2015
Hilda11 said:
Hi Mikey,

Based on what I know and my experience, they will review your file one step at a time. They will not go through the entire application and ask you in one email/letter to submit all the missing/required documents. As Mikey said, you cannot enter Canada without a valid medical.

In the final steps once they issue you a visa, it will most likely expire the same date and the expiry of your medical. Usually medicals are valid for a period of 2 years after they are done.

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Chadi Y said:
Based on what I know and my experience, they will review your file one step at a time. They will not go through the entire application and ask you in one email/letter to submit all the missing/required documents. As Mikey said, you cannot enter Canada without a valid medical.

In the final steps once they issue you a visa, it will most likely expire the same date and the expiry of your medical. Usually medicals are valid for a period of 2 years after they are done.
Medical exams for permanent residence are valid for 1 year. Visit the cic site for more info.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Beirut - Spousal sponsorship - 2015

mikey said:
They will ask for them pretty soon, you cannot enter Canada without a valid medical exams.

I personally would go and do them, and send them the confirmation as soon as they request them
FYI folks re: medicals - In the past year or 2 (not sure of exact timing) CIC has implemented a new process for medicals so they do not always have to be renewed once the one year point has passed. For many years people have been complaining and rightly so, that applicants should not have to pay another fee for these exams when it is CIC that has not completed the work they need to do at their end.

So what has changed is now, if a file is in the final stage of processing and it is being approved, the immigration officer (IO) can extend the validity of the meds themselves on your file for a total of 15 months (I think it is a 3 month extension, please anyone feel free to confirm this).

If you are near the end of the process do not redo the meds unless requested. This is why Hilda11 still received the PPR in March even though the meds "officially" expired in Feb. So if you count the date forward by 3 months from the date the meds "officially" expired, that is usually the date you must land in Canada on or before. This is the date they will put on the visa.

It would help if CIC would let people know this; however, a medical extension usually only gets mentioned in GCMS notes and unless you request these specifically, none of this typically gets communicated to the applicant and sponsor!! So save your money (on medicals) when you can :D.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Hilda11 said:
Hi all,

Congrats Hilda11! Your hubby is approved (they do not ask for the passport otherwise) and you are at the end of the journey. I know it is long and hard but soon you will all come to Canada as a family and be able to forget about immigration :D. Many blessings for your future together.

lizzy123

Feb 25, 2015
Re: Reply: Beirut - Spousal sponsorship - 2015

CdnandTrini said:
FYI folks re: medicals - In the past year or 2 (not sure of exact timing) CIC has implemented a new process for medicals so they do not always have to be renewed once the one year point has passed. For many years people have been complaining and rightly so, that applicants should not have to pay another fee for these exams when it is CIC that has not completed the work they need to do at their end.

So what has changed is now, if a file is in the final stage of processing and it is being approved, the immigration officer (IO) can extend the validity of the meds themselves on your file for a total of 15 months (I think it is a 3 month extension, please anyone feel free to confirm this).

If you are near the end of the process do not redo the meds unless requested. This is why Hilda11 still received the PPR in March even though the meds "officially" expired in Feb. So if you count the date forward by 3 months from the date the meds "officially" expired, that is usually the date you must land in Canada on or before. This is the date they will put on the visa.

It would help if CIC would let people know this; however, a medical extension usually only gets mentioned in GCMS notes and unless you request these specifically, none of this typically gets communicated to the applicant and sponsor!! So save your money (on medicals) when you can :D.

yes it's true... the medicals can be extended up to a year.. many people in the old forum had their medicals extended actually

i dunno why they dnt let me post the link... but its as follows add the www

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp