03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
madman said:
So it won't cause the rejection of the application, right?
will the interview be in Beirut? So, do I need to come here to attend it?
For the interview: it's way up to you. you can specify thins in the app. and you dont need to go there since its meant for her
Interviews are only requested when the visa officer is not satisfied that your relationship is genuine.
As sweetstrawberry said, not all people affords the weddings. You need to proof that your relationship is genuine in some way. Wedding photos is a way.
I had wedding party
Friend of mine did not, his wife was called for an interview

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
madman said:
Another question please, I am new in Canada so I don't have a job ir the requested printout-C.

I am including my payslips from Lebanon as well as a paper from ny old employer stating how I paid income tax. In addition, I will include the Canadian Account bank statement and a letter saying I don't have the printout C because I am in the country.

Will these be enough?

Thanks
In order to sponsor your spouse, you dont need to meet any financial requirements. You just need to make sure your not receiving any financial assistance (not disability)
You also need to convince the visa officer that your able to provide her with support for 3 years. I dont think including payslips from leb is neccessary but it wont hurt if you do so.

madman

Star Member
Sep 2, 2013
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
14-08-2014
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-08-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-08-2014
Med's Request
19-08-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
mikey said:
In order to sponsor your spouse, you dont need to meet any financial requirements. You just need to make sure your not receiving any financial assistance (not disability)
You also need to convince the visa officer that your able to provide her with support for 3 years. I dont think including payslips from leb is neccessary but it wont hurt if you do so.
This convincing the officer is grey. Other than what I have mentioned, I don't think about anything else to support my ability to support my spouse. Is there a recommended value which guarantees the officer's approval?

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
madman said:
This convincing the officer is grey. Other than what I have mentioned, I don't think about anything else to support my ability to support my spouse. Is there a recommended value which guarantees the officer's approval?
Nope

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
1st : 06-11-2014 & 2nd: 16-03-2017
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
ya everyone has a diff reason not to have a wedding,im one of the people
who think its a waste of money and the money invested into a wedding can be spent on something more personal. Weddings are more for others then yourself. That is my oppinion though! I know lebs are big on weddings, but whatever.

Chadi Y

Mar 5, 2015
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-08-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
04-08-2015
Hey everyone, new to this forum. Like most of you here, I also have a sponsorship application in the works for my wife. Just thought I would share some info on the process and where I am now to give everyone some info. Its so hard to get status information on exactly where the application stage your in and what happens next.

Based on some of the questions I've seen here, I'll give you some feedback on my situation. I've know my wife for about 2 years but didnt become a couple until about a year later. I did the religious Katb lkteb (which is the religious marriage) in lebanon and had what we would call an engagement party. Used the photos from that in my application stating it was an engagement party and the plan was to have a wedding in Canada so that my friends and extended family can be a part of. Therefore its not essential that you have a wedding, but of course it does help officials to see the families involved and they know about the relationship. I had also submitted with my application pages and pages of whatsapp chats, pics/selfies together, telephone bills, money transfers, phonecard purchases (although that might prove much in their eyes), facebook msgs etc. My whatsapp chats were insane as they ended up being over 100 pages or so. Everything helps so i didnt take any chances

My application was submitted back in May of 2014 and about a month or so later, got an email (letter) saying that I have been approved as a sponsor and the application has been sent to Beirut. That's step 1, and the shortest of them all. Then the big wait comes, and from looking at the CIC processing times for Beirut, they wont answer requests unless it has surpassed the stated time (I think its 18 months now).

As of yesterday, I received an email asking for my wife's passport and 2 photo's of her. I believe that is the final step and they will be granting her a PM visa. Does anyone know if that is the final step? what happens next? Essentially, she has 30 days to submit this to them, and they will notify her after 30 days, by SMS, to go and pick them up. Will she still have to do an interview?

madman

Star Member
Sep 2, 2013
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
14-08-2014
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-08-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-08-2014
Med's Request
19-08-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
Chadi Y said:
Hey everyone, new to this forum. Like most of you here, I also have a sponsorship application in the works for my wife. Just thought I would share some info on the process and where I am now to give everyone some info. Its so hard to get status information on exactly where the application stage your in and what happens next.

Based on some of the questions I've seen here, I'll give you some feedback on my situation. I've know my wife for about 2 years but didnt become a couple until about a year later. I did the religious Katb lkteb (which is the religious marriage) in lebanon and had what we would call an engagement party. Used the photos from that in my application stating it was an engagement party and the plan was to have a wedding in Canada so that my friends and extended family can be a part of. Therefore its not essential that you have a wedding, but of course it does help officials to see the families involved and they know about the relationship. I had also submitted with my application pages and pages of whatsapp chats, pics/selfies together, telephone bills, money transfers, phonecard purchases (although that might prove much in their eyes), facebook msgs etc. My whatsapp chats were insane as they ended up being over 100 pages or so. Everything helps so i didnt take any chances

My application was submitted back in May of 2014 and about a month or so later, got an email (letter) saying that I have been approved as a sponsor and the application has been sent to Beirut. That's step 1, and the shortest of them all. Then the big wait comes, and from looking at the CIC processing times for Beirut, they wont answer requests unless it has surpassed the stated time (I think its 18 months now).

As of yesterday, I received an email asking for my wife's passport and 2 photo's of her. I believe that is the final step and they will be granting her a PM visa. Does anyone know if that is the final step? what happens next? Essentially, she has 30 days to submit this to them, and they will notify her after 30 days, by SMS, to go and pick them up. Will she still have to do an interview?
Thank you for sharing your situation. It is really helpful.
if things are similar to the economic class PR, then she's got the visa. Congrats.
Did they requested to submit tgethe passport at the VAC office in verdun?

Chadi Y

Mar 5, 2015
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-08-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
04-08-2015
madman said:
Thank you for sharing your situation. It is really helpful.
if things are similar to the economic class PR, then she's got the visa. Congrats.
Did they requested to submit tgethe passport at the VAC office in verdun?
Thanks madman. Yes the VAC office in Verdun is where they requested her to go. I wont be getting my hopes up until she physically has the visa and her passport in her hands.

If the case is she got accepted for a PR, then to all those still waiting and checking the CIC status update, they may not completely state exactly which stage they are at. The only message I had for my application was that my application was sent to Beirut for processing. There was nothing else, including receiving and verifying her medical. All in all, I would say the entire process could take between 10-12 months depending on a completed application of course.

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
1st : 06-11-2014 & 2nd: 16-03-2017
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
when you sent out the application initially did you send copies of her passport and photos?

Chadi Y

Mar 5, 2015
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-08-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
04-08-2015
sweetstrawberry said:
when you sent out the application initially did you send copies of her passport and photos?
Yes I did. I made sure to send it all the documents that were required, and even had a lawyer make sure my application was complete before i sent it in.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Chadi Y said:

Congrats Chadi Y, your wife will soon be on her way to Canada! :D. Once the passport is requested (except in the New Delhi visa office, for some reason they ask for the passport at the beginning of the process there) it automatically means the interview has been waived and your wife has passed all security checks and other eligibility criteria. So your wife's application for PR has been approved. You are correct that there is very little update info. available while going through the process and ECAS is very unreliable. In addition, ECAS is only updated about 4 times during the whole process and usually it is after the fact and you have already been notified by the visa office (VO).

Not sure how long it takes from the Beirut office to return passports but it seems like they are expediting everything so hopefully it will be soon. And thanks to mikey for starting this thread, so now all you folks going through this VO will finally be able to start tracking and sharing info. to help each other. +1's for all!

A few other comments for this thread. CIC does not only request interviews if they think a relationship is not genuine, sometimes they have targets to meet and they make random requests. So do not panic if an interview request is made, but definitely be thoroughly prepared. Interviews for outland applicants are only for the spouse being sponsored, the person sponsoring them is not interviewed.

Chadi Y's details about how much information he included in his application are important. An incomplete application may also be a cause for an interview. Everything in your application must make sense and be fully explained. So the more info. you include is usually better. In my own case, my husband and I were together long distance for over 6 years before we married and sent our application in. So rather than send thousand of pages (it needs to be balanced as you do not want it to take the immigration officer a year just to be able to read your file ;D) I selected SKYPE convos and e-mails from every single month over the 6 years and copied and pasted them into a word document that still ended up being almost 70 pages. And then I did a cover paragraph explaining why I did this and if they wanted more info. I would happily send it upon request. Thankfully they did not think it was necessary so I must have done a good enough job.

Now in response to some of madman's questions (and sweetstrawberry's comments about weddings and photos etc.) you simply need to detail the reasons for not including wedding photos and/or reasons for not having a wedding, reception and/or honeymoon. Even if it is "typical" of your culture to do those things, as long as you explain your own personal reasons, CIC can understand. Religious issues can also have an impact if the couple are not practicing their faith or if it is an interfaith marriage, again, as long as it is all explained. Your application is the time to "overshare" what we might all generally think is none of anyone else's $#%! business.

CIC reviews many, many different application scenarios as to why couples may not decide to hold a "traditional" wedding or reception. International love is expensive!! :eek: Travelling to see your significant other generally eats up individual budgets and many friends and family cannot attend for financial reasons as well, or other family obligations (i.e. jobs, childcare, illness, eldercare etc.). So there are many practical and logistical reasons that make sense. Just explain, explain, explain.......

With regard to supporting your spouse (madman) if you have not sent your application yet - do all of the things you mentioned. If you are staying with family or friends (and this will continue when your wife joins you) then have them write letters about how they will help you and/or contribute to supporting the marriage. Many post-secondary and post grad. students are in situations like this when a spouse lands so CIC takes this information into account as well. If you have signed a lease, include a copy and any other financial or legal info. (yes a letter from the bank showing savings if you have) that shows you are paying for things.

Last but not least, best wishes and blessings for all of you to get to the end of the immigration journey and be together with your loved ones.

lizzy123

Feb 25, 2015
Chadi Y said:

Hi chadi and everyone... I am new to this forum too.. my husband is sponsoring me to go to Canada and we have submitted our application on April 9, 2014.. We received a communication from them on June 3rd saying that he was accepted as a sponsor and we haven't heard from them ever since! Congratulations to you and your wife. I am very happy for you that your terrible wait is finally over but as you can see they have no rule or anything in how they do their processing..

Otherwise I'm glad to hear the ECAS thing is not reliable coz mine only says application received and medicals received ever since we applied! My husband and I have know each other since 2008 fyi

akcec

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Interview........
23-02-2016
akcec said:
Hey guys, I'm also sponsoring my wife from Jnoub Lebanon. Application was received by CIC Mississauga Feb 26th. Got AOR Feb 28th.
And got SA today (Mar 5th). Now to the longer part.

Chadi Y

Mar 5, 2015
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-08-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
04-08-2015
lizzy123 said:
Hi chadi and everyone... I am new to this forum too.. my husband is sponsoring me to go to Canada and we have submitted our application on April 9, 2014.. We received a communication from them on June 3rd saying that he was accepted as a sponsor and we haven't heard from them ever since! Congratulations to you and your wife. I am very happy for you that your terrible wait is finally over but as you can see they have no rule or anything in how they do their processing..

Otherwise I'm glad to hear the ECAS thing is not reliable coz mine only says application received and medicals received ever since we applied! My husband and I have know each other since 2008 fyi
Thanks everyone. I am happy to share my experience. I only wish I had found this site back when I first applied. Could have been a big help calming my nerves throughout the process lol.

It has been a terrible wait so I can feel for everyone going through it. Lizzy, pretty sure you wont here from them until they make their decision (request passport or interview). At least yours says they have received the medical as mine did not and still doesn't have anything other than the initial status saying I have been accepted as a sponsor and my file was transferred to Beirut.

I don't wanna make any guesses but based on my application, it took them approx. 9 months to finally hear back from them after it was transferred to Beirut. All you can really do at this point is wait unfortunately. The wait is definitely the hardest and takes a toll on the relationship. I managed to go down for a visit twice during the process (new years and summer).

lizzy123

Feb 25, 2015
I hope at least after all this waiting they ask for my passport or an interview.. from what ive read around the forum some are asked to renew their medicals or their police certificates and then wait again... and again there is no rule for that .. I hope I hear from them soon.. and hopefully you will be with your wifey indefinitely very soon..