Med's Done....
1st : 06-11-2014 & 2nd: 16-03-2017
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
out of curousity lizzy and chadi is it your first marriage or your spouses first marriage and are there any dependents (children) involved?

Chadi Y

Mar 5, 2015
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-08-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
04-08-2015
Same, first marriage for me and no children yet, soon inshallah

lizzy123

Feb 25, 2015
Chadi Y said:
Same, first marriage for me and no children yet, soon inshallah
i tried to PM you it says your inbox is full..
I've heard Canadians (vs PR) and provinces with lower populations have faster processing times.. Ottawa is not one of those though.. so I don't know how true is that ...

Chadi Y

Mar 5, 2015
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-08-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
04-08-2015
lizzy123 said:
i tried to PM you it says your inbox is full..
I've heard Canadians (vs PR) and provinces with lower populations have faster processing times.. Ottawa is not one of those though.. so I don't know how true is that ...
I cleared out some messages and freed up some space in my inbox. I didnt realize the capacity is roughly 4-5 msgs.

Not sure I understand your message but I don't really think it matters. Maybe the initial process of when it is sent to Mississauga might be a quicker turnaround time for canadians then PRs to approve the sponsor. After that, once its sent to Beirut, it all depends on the applicants info.

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
Ill just continue munchin on my chicago mix popcorn and wait :D

lizzy123

Feb 25, 2015
ohh you're gonna eat a loooooooooot of popcorn till then haha.. hope you'll have a smooth and short process

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
cho badi amel tayeb! badi isbor lol! nothing in life comes easy :-[

Iloverawia

Jan 26, 2015
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-02-2015
Everyone is so jealious from us. Geting and aor and sa quick. :p

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LOL 3a2bel ma we get the actual visa :d

madman

Star Member
Sep 2, 2013
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
14-08-2014
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-08-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-08-2014
Med's Request
19-08-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
CdnandTrini said:
Congrats Chadi Y, your wife will soon be on her way to Canada! :D. Once the passport is requested (except in the New Delhi visa office, for some reason they ask for the passport at the beginning of the process there) it automatically means the interview has been waived and your wife has passed all security checks and other eligibility criteria. So your wife's application for PR has been approved. You are correct that there is very little update info. available while going through the process and ECAS is very unreliable. In addition, ECAS is only updated about 4 times during the whole process and usually it is after the fact and you have already been notified by the visa office (VO).

Not sure how long it takes from the Beirut office to return passports but it seems like they are expediting everything so hopefully it will be soon. And thanks to mikey for starting this thread, so now all you folks going through this VO will finally be able to start tracking and sharing info. to help each other. +1's for all!

A few other comments for this thread. CIC does not only request interviews if they think a relationship is not genuine, sometimes they have targets to meet and they make random requests. So do not panic if an interview request is made, but definitely be thoroughly prepared. Interviews for outland applicants are only for the spouse being sponsored, the person sponsoring them is not interviewed.

Chadi Y's details about how much information he included in his application are important. An incomplete application may also be a cause for an interview. Everything in your application must make sense and be fully explained. So the more info. you include is usually better. In my own case, my husband and I were together long distance for over 6 years before we married and sent our application in. So rather than send thousand of pages (it needs to be balanced as you do not want it to take the immigration officer a year just to be able to read your file ;D) I selected SKYPE convos and e-mails from every single month over the 6 years and copied and pasted them into a word document that still ended up being almost 70 pages. And then I did a cover paragraph explaining why I did this and if they wanted more info. I would happily send it upon request. Thankfully they did not think it was necessary so I must have done a good enough job.

Now in response to some of madman's questions (and sweetstrawberry's comments about weddings and photos etc.) you simply need to detail the reasons for not including wedding photos and/or reasons for not having a wedding, reception and/or honeymoon. Even if it is "typical" of your culture to do those things, as long as you explain your own personal reasons, CIC can understand. Religious issues can also have an impact if the couple are not practicing their faith or if it is an interfaith marriage, again, as long as it is all explained. Your application is the time to "overshare" what we might all generally think is none of anyone else's $#%! business.

CIC reviews many, many different application scenarios as to why couples may not decide to hold a "traditional" wedding or reception. International love is expensive!! :eek: Travelling to see your significant other generally eats up individual budgets and many friends and family cannot attend for financial reasons as well, or other family obligations (i.e. jobs, childcare, illness, eldercare etc.). So there are many practical and logistical reasons that make sense. Just explain, explain, explain.......

With regard to supporting your spouse (madman) if you have not sent your application yet - do all of the things you mentioned. If you are staying with family or friends (and this will continue when your wife joins you) then have them write letters about how they will help you and/or contribute to supporting the marriage. Many post-secondary and post grad. students are in situations like this when a spouse lands so CIC takes this information into account as well. If you have signed a lease, include a copy and any other financial or legal info. (yes a letter from the bank showing savings if you have) that shows you are paying for things.

Last but not least, best wishes and blessings for all of you to get to the end of the immigration journey and be together with your loved ones.
Thank you very much for the advice.
I didn't send my application yet. I am collecting the documents. I have over 80 pages from hangout with over 50 pages of sms we sent each other. Thank God I have backup all of these in Gmail before :D.

I will be alone in Toronto so I just can include apartment lease and bank statements with papers from back home, hope it is enough.

I will have a reception but I am applying now to gain time. We have marriage certificate and I will mention that the reception will be held in a couple of months and we are applying now to sav time. Also, I think I write that the reception pics will be available later if they need them.

if you have any advice I will appreciate guys.

best of luck to all of you

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
madman said:
Thank you very much for the advice.
I didn't send my application yet. I am collecting the documents. I have over 80 pages from hangout with over 50 pages of sms we sent each other. Thank God I have backup all of these in Gmail before :D.

I will be alone in Toronto so I just can include apartment lease and bank statements with papers from back home, hope it is enough.

I will have a reception but I am applying now to gain time. We have marriage certificate and I will mention that the reception will be held in a couple of months and we are applying now to sav time. Also, I think I write that the reception pics will be available later if they need them.

if you have any advice I will appreciate guys.

best of luck to all of you
You are most welcome. It sounds like you are on the right track and I would do the same thing by submitting now and sending additional info. as it happens. It makes perfect sense to want to get the application in ASAP and many couples do this. If you can send any contracts or copies of deposits made, for example on where you will have the reception or photos of the reception area, or brochures that is all good as well. Include (if you have them) photos of the two of you together and/or with friends and family from the time you met as well.

Try not to stress too much, I know it is easier said than done but you have a good plan in place and I am sure things will work out well. My husband and I did not even have a camera for the first few years of our relationship! Every couple is different so just be yourselves. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Chadi Y said:
I cleared out some messages and freed up some space in my inbox. I didnt realize the capacity is roughly 4-5 msgs.

Not sure I understand your message but I don't really think it matters. Maybe the initial process of when it is sent to Mississauga might be a quicker turnaround time for canadians then PRs to approve the sponsor. After that, once its sent to Beirut, it all depends on the applicants info.
The inbox has a lot more capacity FYI than that and I cannot remember but either you need 10 posts to PM or maybe its 10 posts to set up your sidebar info. One or the other...... :)

Chadi Y

Mar 5, 2015
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-08-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
04-08-2015
CdnandTrini said:
You are correct that there is very little update info. available while going through the process and ECAS is very unreliable. In addition, ECAS is only updated about 4 times during the whole process and usually it is after the fact and you have already been notified by the visa office (VO).
CdnandTrini you are right regarding the ECAS status updates. After my wife went to the Canada visa office to submit her passports, I checked the status of my application and low and behold, they have added the updates of her medical as well as the letter sent requesting she submit her passport.

To all those waiting and relying on the ECAS status updates, I would say try your best to be patient and don't get irritated that your status has not changed. Best of luck to everyone and hope that all of you will be reunited with your loved ones soon.

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Chadi Y said:
CdnandTrini you are right regarding the ECAS status updates. After my wife went to the Canada visa office to submit her passports, I checked the status of my application and low and behold, they have added the updates of her medical as well as the letter sent requesting she submit her passport.

To all those waiting and relying on the ECAS status updates, I would say try your best to be patient and don't get irritated that your status has not changed. Best of luck to everyone and hope that all of you will be reunited with your loved ones soon.
Just to support your story, I got my SA February 25th, but eCas did not update the status to 'Decision Made' until yesterday. I am sure they have some kind of backend process that runs (gets triggered ) every now and then.