+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beirut - Spousal sponsorship - 2015

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
sweetstrawberry said:
when you say they will extend it for two years do you mean in total
two years or an additional two years after a year of expiry making it three years?
What I mean is usually medicals expire after one year, however they've been known to extend them to to two years(so the meds would be valid for a total of 2 years max)

Don't redo your medicals unless asked.

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
sweetstrawberry said:
fr33zrn were there any factors that could have triggered a 2 month wait for you?
When I went for my interview, my Police check had already expired, so they asked for a new one, It took me around 2 weeks to gather everything and send it.

They replied after 6 weeks. So thats how Im getting my info from and it seems the pattern that fits most of the other posts.

Interview then they ask for renewed police clearance if expired then after a 4 to 8 weeks they reply again.

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
waiting4him said:
When you said: " security check should take 1 or 2 months"...
- do you mean when looking at the notes, if we saw that they started processing security clearance step on this date, that means after 2 months max... They should finish it ?! How sure are you from this information?

It has been 12 months and some days, since my husband PR visa application arrived to Beirut Visa Office. That means the police certificate must have been expired already. Do we issue a new one and send it to Beirut VO, even if they didn't ask for it yet ?!! Or is there a chance that they might accept the police certificate if it is only few months after the expiry date ( 1 year ) ?!
The thing about In Process. is that there is more than one thing going on, there's the criminality check, the security check, the medical check and the eligibility check.
basically from what I know the first thing they will check if the relationship is genuine, if you are asked for an interview it means the security check hasnt been done yet. after they determine youre relationship is genuine then they proceed with security check, if you see what happened with akcec, his wife went to the interview and they asked for the police clearance wich is great because as soon as thy determined the relationship is genuine they will proceed with security check.
Same with sweetstrawberry after the interview they asked for more forms having to do with security.

Also, your notes should show if they determined if you need an interview or not, do they show anything to that regard?

Always wait for the VO to tell you what to send before renewing anything.

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
1st : 06-11-2014 & 2nd: 16-03-2017
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
fr33z3n did you serve in the military if you don't mind me asking and did you travel to other countries or any other reasons that MAY influence the processing times for security check? Im just curious if this question is personal you don't have to answer.

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
sweetstrawberry said:
fr33z3n did you serve in the military if you don't mind me asking and did you travel to other countries or any other reasons that MAY influence the processing times for security check? Im just curious if this question is personal you don't have to answer.
No military,

Had to get Background from 3 other countries. shouldn't effect the time.

Also, I read from your post History that they asked for military service, this might be a mistake on the embassies part, because I've never heard of this happening ( Unless your husband is older and mandatory service was still in effect at that time) For me they asked for a security clearance for a country that I was in for less than 3 months when I contacted them about this they told me I didn't have to provide it. So they do make mistakes sometimes But will correct it if you bring it up with them.

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
Also, I read from your post History that they asked for military service, this might be a mistake on the embassies part, because I've never heard of this happening ( Unless your husband is older and mandatory service was still in effect at that time) For me they asked for a security clearance for a country that I was in for less than 3 months when I contacted them about this they told me I didn't have to provide it. So they do make mistakes sometimes But will correct it if you bring it up with them.
They asked for supplemantary forms to be filled out again and some of the questions in the supplementary form asks about military so I was asking if we should include with it an exemption from military document, they didnt actually request one, it was just a question. Also, the supplementary form is required to be filled out by every applicant from the middle-east.

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
sweetstrawberry said:
They asked for supplemantary forms to be filled out again and some of the questions in the supplementary form asks about military so I was asking if we should include with it an exemption from military document, they didnt actually request one, it was just a question. Also, the supplementary form is required to be filled out by every applicant from the middle-east.
Ah k. I was confused. I thought this was a nrw type of form, I sent that in with my initial application I believe.

If I recall correctly. It was basically a yes / no question regarding military service. I didn't include any exemption documents.

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
Ah k. I was confused. I thought this was a nrw type of form, I sent that in with my initial application I believe. If I recall correctly. It was basically a yes / no question regarding military service. I didn't include any exemption documents
ya we included it too when we sent out the application with the police certificate but it has been more than a year so they re-requested it plus the police certificate. Your right they are yes and no questions unless the person did military then they ask more detailed questions like where the miltiary base was stationed and all these diff questions.

aandjcanada

Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Yup!!! I think this month is the month :D it's gonna be very soon! Fingers crossed!!!! I'm anxious too, have high hopes for March! :)

aandjcanada

Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Hehe fingers crossed! I can't wait!!! :)

mrmondobot

Nov 9, 2015
Today they asked my wife who I am sponsoring to provide the embassy in Beirut proof that I have lived in Canada for the last 2 years, has this happened to anyone before, seems kind of counter intuitive to ask for T4's and records of employment from the person being sponsored and not from me.

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
Today they asked my wife who I am sponsoring to provide the embassy in Beirut proof that I have lived in Canada for the last 2 years, has this happened to anyone before, seems kind of counter intuitive to ask for T4's and records of employment from the person being sponsored and not from me
they did the same thing for me too, they asked my husband to bring proof that I was in canada to the interview so he just took my t4s. I thought that was strange too lol