Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Just making the point that nobody on here really knows who is posting or who is reading...

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Iay said:
It is not fraud. The initial employer paid all the necessary dues and she did apply her as a nanny. There are not many people who are able to shell out money just to get a nanny from abroad. So, the friend helped her out to get in Canada and helped her find a family who is needing a nanny like what she is entitled to work as in Canada.

What's the misrepresentation?
Let me spell it out for you....first, when you bring in someone as a live-in caregiver, it is not just about "paying the necessary dues". The person has to firstly be qualified with relevant experience, and you have to prove that you need a caregiver and that you have tried to find one locally but have been unsuccessful in doing so. Bringing a family friend's daughter in with the sole intention of having her find a new job as soon as she lands contravenes each and every one of those requirements.

Now do you see it?

As for me being a cop, I'm not. I'm just a citizen who is fed up of people abusing the system for their own ends. And, I'm a tax payer who is tired of supporting more and more people who do nothing to contribute to Canada or its economy.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
News flash!

The agencies abroad matching up LC's (nannies) with those families in need of such are playing exactly the "same" game. These agencies pull this switcheroo all the time mostly just to get the 18 month to 2 years of paperwork started, but no applicant gets to Canada w/o a real employer. This person's 'nanny-friend' (and initial employer) most certainly would have to have met all the requirements that you stated, and to a point beyond annoyingly so.

But where in the above story do you see mention of someone doing "nothing to contribute to Canada or its economy". She's working as nanny, only elsewhere is all.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
truesmile said:
News flash!

The agencies abroad matching up LC's (nannies) with those families in need of such are playing exactly the "same" game.
I am aware of that, and I have already petitioned several MP's to close this loophole and stop these nannies from coming in.

truesmile said:
But where in the above story do you see mention of someone doing "nothing to contribute to Canada or its economy". She's working as nanny, only elsewhere is all.
Where exactly do you see that she will be working as a nanny? She is coming in as a fake nanny, and then she will be looking for another job. Are you planning on supporting her until she finds that?

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
torontosm said:
I am aware of that, and I have already petitioned several MP's to close this loophole and stop these nannies from coming in.

Where exactly do you see that she will be working as a nanny? She is coming in as a fake nanny, and then she will be looking for another job. Are you planning on supporting her until she finds that?
I'm not sure about others, but my friend works as a nanny through a different employer tho. She pays taxes and she doesn't work illegally.

Isn't it hard to find a job other than what you have permit to do? Unless these are under the table jobs which are quite hard to rely on if you wanted a stable income to provide for the family.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Iay said:
I'm not sure about others, but my friend works as a nanny through a different employer tho. She pays taxes and she doesn't work illegally.

Isn't it hard to find a job other than what you have permit to do? Unless these are under the table jobs which are quite hard to rely on if you wanted a stable income to provide for the family.
Why doesn't she just work on the visa of her actual employer? Why come under one pretense and then try to manoeuvre within the system? If everyone just followed the rules instead of thinking they could outsmart the system, all of our lives would be easier and better.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
torontosm said:
Why doesn't she just work on the visa of her actual employer? Why come under one pretense and then try to manoeuvre within the system? If everyone just followed the rules instead of thinking they could outsmart the system, all of our lives would be easier and better.
Soo are you saying being a Nanny is not a real job? Do you say the same thing to mothers who choose to stay home with their children?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
parker24 said:
Soo are you saying being a Nanny is not a real job? Do you say the same thing to mothers who choose to stay home with their children?
When did I say that? I think a nanny is a perfectly reasonable job and I even employ one myself. I do, however, feel that coming in under the pretense of working for one employer and then trying to find another job which you do have a permit for is wrong.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
torontosm said:
When did I say that? I think a nanny is a perfectly reasonable job and I even employ one myself. I do, however, feel that coming in under the pretense of working for one employer and then trying to find another job which you do have a permit for is wrong.
Open Work Permit allows this, you know that right?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
parker24 said:
Open Work Permit allows this, you know that right?
If you read back to the beginning of this thread, you will see that there was no discussion of an open work permit. There was a closed work permit based upon a fake LMO for the sole purpose of bringing someone into the country. Why do you insist on making up stuff as you go along?

I am well aware of what an open work permit allows, and apparently much more aware of the laws of this country than you.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
torontosm said:
If you read back to the beginning of this thread, you will see that there was no discussion of an open work permit. There was a closed work permit based upon a fake LMO for the sole purpose of bringing someone into the country. Why do you insist on making up stuff as you go along?

I am well aware of what an open work permit allows, and apparently much more aware of the laws of this country than you.
*sigh* Thank you oh wise one.

I was simply pointing out an OPEN WORK PERMIT allows this. No where does Iay say it was closed, so who's to say it's not an OWP?

Just because I don't know ALL the laws within Canada, does not imply me to be stupid. So, shove it. :)

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
parker24 said:
*sigh* Thank you oh wise one.

I was simply pointing out an OPEN WORK PERMIT allows this. No where does Iay say it was closed, so who's to say it's not an OWP?
*sigh* thanks for pointing out the obvious.

This thread started out as a discussion of someone who was deliberately misrepresenting his intentions to hire a live in nanny to bring a family friend into the country. It has since gone completely off topic and I have no interest in debating the merits of bending rules with people who obviously put their own personal goals well above those of the country they wish to become a part of. As a result, I will not be responding to any further inane comments posted here.

Oh, and you can go do a lot more than shove it.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
torontosm said:
*sigh* thanks for pointing out the obvious.

This thread started out as a discussion of someone who was deliberately misrepresenting his intentions to hire a live in nanny to bring a family friend into the country. It has since gone completely off topic and I have no interest in debating the merits of bending rules with people who obviously put their own personal goals well above those of the country they wish to become a part of. As a result, I will not be responding to any further inane comments posted here.

Oh, and you can go do a lot more than shove it.
THIS is how the thread started:

I would like to sponsor my friends son I am a canadian born citizen what would I have to do?
Nothing to do with a Nanny.